The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    Hey Jura

I'm using an H100 in push/pull with all its 4 fans set to run full speed when temps get above 60C. It used to handle my 3930K at 4.4 perfectly fine, keeping it below 70C in long P95 sessions. Guess it's impossible atm to make some proper conclusions as I'm getting completly discrepant readings between different monitors (Ryzen Master reports 30C while HWiNFO64 is reporting 43C sitting in idle) as you can see on the image below. Shall give it some time for it to mature, theres a whole lot of stuff that might need to get patched, should leave it alone for now, like you said.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Gentleman/Woman please put
    [/ spoiler] no space "/" for large images.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Best oc's I've seen is from Wendell in level1techs 4.2ghz and this one http://valid.x86.fr/aqtazc

I kinda hope I win the lottery.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It should oc to roughly 1800x levels. It seems that the difference is mostly in voltages. 1800x reacing the oc with lower voltages.

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    *** Updates for today March 11 , 2017 ***

Added new Bios for Asus Crosshair Vl Hero - 0902 , 2017/03/10 , * prevents the random BIOS updating bricking *. Keep CPU SOC Voltage at max 1.20V for prolonged use.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Depends on what someone's trying to prove. Depending on this selection, a review can either seem positive for higher clock rates or for more cores.

Personally, I think the best gaming CPU pick is one of the current 4c/8t i7s. Certainly not i5.
    But looking at how long my last systems lasted, I'll try something new now. Frankly, my 2600k was too fast for it predecessors to make a difference.
    I tried a 4770k, then a 4790k, only to get back to my 2600k as neither of the newer CPUs was significantly faster.
    This now would be more if a side step. The games I like most are heavily CPU dependent (BF1, pCars) or it doesn't matter at all (CoD).

9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Enough !!! Stop derailing this thread. This sticky thread is here to talk about Ryzen Overclocks , Tweaks and findings NOT about Intel cpus and how the compare with Ryzen cpus and all this Intel versus AMD crap. Want to talk Intel please go to the Intel cpu section , i already asked nicely not to bring this Intel talk over here a couple of pages back but you and others seems to ignore the friendly reminder.

I do not like to repeat myself and consider this last warning , no Intel versus AMD thread crapping on this AMD Ryzen Overclocking and Tweaking thread , GOT IT ? There will be infractions / yellow cards and bans if this thread crapping continues i can reassure you that.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, why don't you tell him? Didn't he ask me? Right. Apart from that, if this is the "all in one" thread as you're describing it... ;)

Btw., has anyone seen a X370 Asrock board apart from some very few reviewers? Still waiting for mine to arrive. I hope it likes my new TridentZ...

11. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    I have an issue for some time. Task Manager (Win10 Pro) shows 100% CPU load every time it uses the LAN (Drivers updated) but also during normal idle, where all other software shows 1...5% CPU load. As soon as reset the power plan (does not matter if ballanced, high performance...) everithing goes back to normal and my Ryzen start parking cores, reduce clock and so on. All lasted until I restart and Looks like at every restart I need to reset the power plan:puke2:!

What is the reason for this? never heard of similar issues!

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That goes for everyone and he knows as i already posted a friendly reminder and you guys did see it but choose to ignore it. As per this is the " all in one " thread as i i'm describing , sure , please read the tittle of this sticky again The AMD Ryzen All In One Thread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling , it clearly says AMD Ryzen and NOT Intel.

This conversation stops here and now , no further warning or explanation will be given , will take appropriate actions if this continues. It's up to you guys to adhere to the rules i posted at the first page where i clearly stated , NO Intel versus AMD talk , as it brings the worst out of people , thread derailment , thread crapping , Intel versus AMD war and i won't let that happened on this thread. You guys want to talk about Intel CPUs , please go to the Intel CPU section.

End of discussion and no further replies from me , only actions. Please if you have some AMD Ryzen questions , constructive talk please do so , you are always welcome to contribute to this sticky thread.

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    My guess it is a Bios bug or windows 10 bug. let's see if someone else post about this problem as it might be motherboard related too , every board and very Bios it's different.

14. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Alright... so from last night i have managed to swap out my mobo, cpu and ram, a simple plug and play just booted straight into my existing windows setup without any issues. Updated to latest bios for my board.

I have a new 500mb Evo M.2 that i need to reinstall everything freshly onto but so far i am very happy with the performance thus far, absolutely no problems. As expected, gaming is perfectly fine, i am locked to 60fps and didnt expect anything higher compared to my old FX-9590. Ran a few benches, everything running much smoother/higher cpu scores. All my games at 4k vsr/60fps/ultra is barely using ~20% cpu utilization, down ~40% from my FX-9590.

CPU and RAM are being recognized and used without any issues, everything is stock. Im happy to leave things as they are before attempting any kind of cpu and/or memory overclocking, theres just no need for it when locked to 60 fps.

Over time, this will definitely get better. :banana:

P.s i dont have the best cooler at the moment (beQuiet! Pure Rock) so i wont be pushing the CPU until i get my custom loop in ordered.

15. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    well in Addition to this, if I keep the Power Option window open it jumps by itself between "balanced" and "high performance"!

16. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Glad to hear that , definitely it is getting better and it will keep improving with time. Can you post your Ram configuration please ? Is it G.Skills or Corsairs ? what timings and speeds. That information can be very useful to me and others as i'm having lots of trouble with some Adata ( dual sided SK hynix ics) memory right now , ADATA XPG Z1 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Timing 17-17-17 Cas Latency 17 Voltage 1.2V , it does not want to go higher than 2133Mhz on my ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 AM4 no matter what i do. Thank you in advanced.

18. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Heres a quick snap from Windows, i'll boot to the BIOS and give you some of the timing info:

[​IMG]

I used ram from the HVL tested by ASUS by the way, checked this before i bought the board. I purchased the Trident Z RGB F4-3466C16D (DDR4-3466 PC4-27700 CL16-18-18-38 1.35v) I prefer the memory to be rated higher than what i might be able to achieve with the platform at the moment.

19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you , i think with a bios update you might get that ram speed higher , as of now it looks like with all 4 dimms populated maximum frequency is DDR4-2400Mhz.

20. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Yeah exactly, as time goes on, we'll probably get better XMP, or AMD equivalent, profiles and we'll be able to get these ram modules clocked up to maybe 3200 or so. I dont want to take any risks at the moment until we get more updates from board vendors etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.