Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 16, 2015.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've only had an encounter with 2 of them so far and I had old buildings to use for protection. They really hit insanely hard, like two shot me almost every time. Feels like Dark Souls, rolling around trying to avoid a landing hit :)

The AI is interesting since after they've done a lunge at you, they immediately jump back to avoid your spear attacks. Then they charge again giving you little time to aim and shoot your arrow (no time to put down a trap). I suppose a tactic would be to put three shock traps one after another and simply stun them, do a critical hit and maybe a heavy spear hit, then retreat behind the next trap - rinse & repeat. I haven't tried this yet though :)

I wish there was an easier way to do Focus shots.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Using a Strider mount as bait is a viable tactic. They hold there own when fighting back and give you breathing space.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What, you mean like calling it in the middle of the fight to act as a "tank"? :)

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Place it close to where you are going to fight. They should start fighting if you move out of range as the mount will automatically try to protect you.

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh, cool, didn't know that.

That link is locked but here is another one:
    http://www.psu.com/news/32438/horizon-zero-dawn-ps4-pro-graphics

Even if the game doesn't use all the power I still think they should release a patch which adds an option to unlock the framerate.

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    http://n4g.com/news/2031192/horizon-zero-dawn-sets-a-new-standard-for-representation-in-games

Horizon: Zero Dawn Sets A New Standard For Representation In Games

We’ve only seen about ten weeks of 2017, and yet Horizon: Zero Dawn has sealed itself as one of the year’s biggest games. Guerilla’s massive open world sci-fi hunting adventure is topping the sales charts, blowing up with critics, and turning heads across the gaming space. It’s a title that people want to cheer on, for many reasons. It’s a new IP, one that approaches a familiar genre with a fresh aesthetic

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    am i the only one who struggles to pick which arrow type for which enemy each them he encounter? ffs. my mind is so full of life itself and can't focus on game i guess. stress is killing my memory capability .

arrived meridian lvl 23 already. some side quest to go..

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Worldwide sales for Horizon: Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its first two weeks of launch, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

The number includes both Blu-ray disc sell-through quantities and download version sales on the PlayStation Store.

The PlayStation 4 title was developed by Guerrilla Games and released worldwide starting February 28. It is the best-selling new first-party IP launch on PlayStation 4 to date and Guerrilla’s biggest ever debut.

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Horizon Zero Dawn Rewards Platinum Trophy Achievement With Exclusive PS4 Theme

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's pleasing to see the game being received so well. I must admit that I've stopped playing after 50% completion. But I'll come back to it soon.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    it became ultra boring to me after I arrived meridian. Was already higher than level 20. Milked whole map where I came from. Whole directions. North south west east. All. Every objective and secret. I stopped too. Didn't play for days. But will return.

I guess when mass effects hits, I cant turn back to this.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    More interaction with people would be nice. Perhaps mini games or something to break up questing.

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  17. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    So I’ve been playing it for a while now and I must say I’m in love with it. Currently around 25 hours in, level 25 and about 40% completion, though I suspect that this percentage is more about the collectables and stuff. But man this game is so well made. The world, the atmosphere and the machines design, movement and sound is just amazing and that’s from both – art direction and a top notch technical stand point. Also the UI, map and questing is so intuitive and fluid. All in all, dare I say it, but this one is on the Witcher 3 levels of epicness!

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I haven't finished it yet but I plan on doing so. Got bored after 40 hours or so. It's still a very good game though. Juts bored of the same open world type games we see all the time.

19. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I've ran up 172+ hours or so after Platinum and trying to find a lot of good coils. It is always fun having battles with multiple Ravagers/Sawtooths, Behemoths, Stormbirds and Thunderjaws. Especially with no armour.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What difficulty are you playing on? I've been playing on hard since the beginning. Everything seems to kill me quickly. Tend to get use to it and be more cautious.