Nvidia GeForce 378.78 Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 9, 2017.

1. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    don't download from here. please grab it from official website is more safer bet. :)

2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I downloaded from Guru3D with no issues. Maybe his browser corrupted the download file while he was downloading, or his internet cut for a second or two at the end of the download without noticing and the file did not complete downloading.

As of right now, over 3000 have downloaded the Windows 10 x64Bit version of this driver from Guru3D, there would be a lot more people complaining here if there was an issue with the file.

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    jayztwocents said one don't blame me. he mentioned don't download msi afterburner from guru3d.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEMS-B1Siw

4. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    Quickly tested Total War Warhammer in DX12 and there was no improvement although they don't claim any in release notes for this game. Still a lot faster in DX11.

DX12 - 92.2
    DX11 - 100.8

5. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Do you guys tend to leave shader cache on in nvidia control panel or turn it off globally?

Can't see any gains in this driver at all.Rottr, Deus Ex MD(like house?), BF1 on my old setup.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I guess it was too much to expect DX12 to finally out perform DX11 in like for like tests?

I continue to be utterly underwhelmed by DX12 overall since it offers no visual upgrades over DX11 whatsoever and at best performs the same but usually slightly worse. Sure, you can argue that NVIDIA have done a fantastic job of optimising DX11 for their cards, certainly in comparison to AMD, but I still cannot shake off the disappoint after all the pre-release hype about how it would transform PC gaming by offering more performance on the same hardware. The reality is that this API is designed to get more out of system's with weak CPUs (i.e. AMD's older ones) such that if you already have well balanced system then you are not really going to see much in the way of performance improvements vs. DX11.

7. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    I usually leave all at stock settings, but change it to a Single Display.
    I only change the Render Ahead setting if anything, 2 or 1 seems better here from past tests. Might explain my higher CPU usage!

8. spirit_66

spirit_66 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI DirectCU 6GB
    Hi,
    after a clean installation with DDU I had some sound issues. In VRCPro a very faded sound. I installed the Realtek sound driver again and everything was fine.
    Spirit

9. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    OK thanks.

Yeh I definitely see improvement with my old cpu in certain games if I change the render ahead. It can eliminate stutter and reduce input lag on my setup in certain titles.

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    shader cache should be turned on in NVCPL.

here's my global setting (the features i didn't mentioned mean default)

1) Anisotropic filtering @ 16x
    2) Antialiasing - Gamma correction @ Off
    3) Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration @ Single display performance mode
    4) Texture filtering - Quality @ High quality
    5) Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization @ Off (turn off thru NV Profile Inspector)

P.S. try delete %temp% files

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Still testing this driver.

CSGO: weird occasional momentary stutters seem to be fixed with this driver compared to last one.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I'll try The Division later, 378.77 & dx12 & 1.6 patch has streaming stutters, was fine with 1.5 patch.

Also will do a quick RoTR test:nerd:

EDIT: RE5 dx9 is still somewhat bellow average after R376.xx, its mostly cpu focused benchmark and yeah not so good.

It use to be 680-690, now 620fps (1st part of variable benchmark).. Yeah its still VERY high fps, but somewhere in between raw cpu performance went to shizle.
    Im suspecting RE7 "optimizations" in R378 branch.. Even though apparently there was driver regression in RE7 with R378 vs R376..

So much for that.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  13. thamp3dude

thamp3dude Member

GPU:
    asus strix 1080ti
    thats his opinion dosent mean its correct :) i have , and many people have downloaded it and works fine i guess its just try it :banana:

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    He also said to get MSI AB from MSI.com, but the Dev for AB (Unwinder) is here at guru3d.com.
    I have use the drivers posted here w/o issue but as others have mentioned it could be bad DL, re DL or get it from Nvidia, it shouldn't matter as its not like there getting repackaged.

15. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    and.. where is the hotfix driver? :p

16. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Wildlands SLi profile is absolute garbage. Texture flicker, shadow flicker, fps drops.

17. RamsesII

RamsesII Active Member

GPU:
    INNO3d RTX 4080 ICB
    Finally Conan Exiles is working! - 367.60 have me a black screen after the U engine splash screen - so I'm happy with these.
    And what I read from previous comments is that BF1 still running smooth :thumbup:

18. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    I'll give these drivers a try when i get in...
    Hopefully i'll get a nice boost on World of Tanks @ 4k (cough)
    :boob:

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    seriously, this 378.78 very stable expect dota 2 vulkan & might be valve vulkan issue. :stewpid:

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Taken from Fixed Issues in 378.78:

[GeForce GTX 980 Ti][PhysX]: PhysX uses the CPU when Optimize for Compute Performance setting is OFF, resulting in a drop in performance. [1871405]

So in other words the previous hotfix did not in fact fix the PhysX issue completely.
    D/l'ing...