Ghost Recon Wildlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync

From here http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...t-recon-wildlands-pc-nvidia-gameworks-effects

2. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Only reason I would buy it on..reference with stock cooler is for water.. it seems that this card will have good potential on water cooling.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    If i grab a 1080-Ti, i most likely gonna get an AIO watercooled one, like my current 980-Ti.

It's just such a relieve to think that , whatever the time of the year, whatever the voltage etc.. temperature isn't gonna be an issue anymore while tweaking everything.

High chance i grab one really, could handle my UHD monitor properly in game!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    They weren't kidding, the world is MASSIVE! and damn some outposts are hardcore, the jammers make it difficult to spot enemies and there's always these damn choppers.

I died over 10 times easily lol cause of tho's choppers and waves of enemies it's insane.
    You really have to stealth your way in, some bases are too big with tons of enemies in it, not to mention the choppers and mortars they have.

Been to 4 continents to get some weapons and attachements took me quiet a while, i want to collect them all before i start with story mission's.
    Might just run in and collect the stuff and get myself killed, usually they aren't guarded that well or are busy killing your AI teammates.

You can easily get 50 or more hours into this game i'm guessing just from PVE and then theres the PVP part.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

what? there's pvp?!

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yea 4v4, not sure if it's already in the game though, supposed to be the "end game".

7. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    DLC later on. Sounds underwhelming and clearly seems not much work/focus was put into a PvP aspect. Understandable I suppose since without a full commitment to PvP they weren't going to become the new dominant force in online competitive gaming.

...I was just expecting a little more.

8. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Do i someting wrong, cause wen i take over a convoy, it's getting back after a few minutes?

Can run a GTX 980 ti SLI on ultra at 2560x1440p with AVG 60 fps?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  9. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    SLi is still broken. It holds above 80 avg at 1440p but with random framedrops, shadows and texture flicker.

Avoid SLi for now.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  10. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It stutters like all Ubisoft's Anvil Engine open world games.

11. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Nope. SLI is still broken. The patch improved a ton of things, but SLI still stutters and can't maintain decent frames. Despite the game being advertised as having SLI support at launch, I'm not surprised that we're seeing issues as nearly every Ubi game I've seen released recently has come with its share of issues. It doesn't matter if the engine is AnvilNext, Snowdrop, Disrupt, or Dunia. Although of the 3, Dunia is probably the one that has the least issues. Lead, AnvilNext, Snowdrop and Disrupt have all taken awhile to mature.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    TBF, these days I'm surprised if a game has any sli support, but i think all Ubi games have some sort of support.

Maybe it's worse to have poor support, but imo it's a start.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1603714-PC-Patch-1-1-5-now-available?

14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Whatever they 'supposedly' fixed has done nothing (at least as far as SLI is concerned), it still stutters. It's possible that the flickering is not as bad but the stuttering is more than enough to avoid SLI for now.

15. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I lost fps with the new patch sadly.

16. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    I had significant improvement in degrees. It seems it crushes less the cpu now and at 4.8ghz i stay most of the time unfer 50 degrees. before it was often peaking towards the sixties. No idea what Ubi did there, but it did well. Also tab switching and map opening seems improved

17. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Me too , not alot but its definitely lower . On the plus side i can now turn on my other 1080 without horrendous hitching , stuttering and flickering textures.

18. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Y lost 2 fps, the loss was worth

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the new update blocked RTSS 6.7.0 B1 :(

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it operates on a whitelist so Afterburner or rather Rivatuner 6.7.0b1 and the updates for it are all blocked. (Up to beta 5 I think it was and then 7.0.0b1 to the newest beta 3 yesterday.)

6.6.0 being out of beta now should be functional however but it'll probably be a little while longer until 7.0.0 is out of beta and the EAC team whitelists that.
    (And then the game has to be updated and hopefully include the EAC certificate that has said whiteist.) It's a pretty strict system that from my small understanding of it the protection works via a lower level driver and basically strips access from anything trying to interact with the GRW.exe process which isn't whitelisted.

I wouldn't recommend tampering with the EAC driver or working around it either, bit risky after all since EAC is loaded even if you put the game into offline mode.
    (And even in offline mode it will crash if you try to disable EAC with the "-eac" parameter.)

So for now if you absolutely need overlay support you have to use 6.6.0 which should be whitelisted. :)

If it's for something like screenshots then RTSS 7.0.0 will actually work but the game has to be in borderless mode and then when you capture a screen it'll be of the desktop (If no active running 3D processes are detected, won't work then.) but the game window will be on top of it so that's what I've been using. :)
    (Works with UWP too but RTSS 7.0.0 now supports Windows 10 UWP games.)

Of course I'm mostly just using RTSS for a framerate overlay with FPS limiting functionality, if you are using hardware access in Afterburner for features like monitoring the actual GPU or other hardware then having a functional and visible OSD might be of more importance whether is monitoring clock states/speeds or fans settings or temperature.
    (It'll still work even without the OSD being visible though but then you won't be able to keep check of things or how to say.)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017