Download AMD Crimson ReLive 17.2.1 WHQL driver 28 Feb

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I do have my fingers X-ed that AMD can do something about the dreadful performance on Wolfenstein new order. Some time soon.
    I would like to play the game with out the software behaving like a naughty child. :)

3. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Thanks Hilbert for putting this back up as lot of readers here do not follow the discussions threads.

The date on the AMD download page still shows Feb 22 but the actual download for people who might be concerned is Feb 28th. The download is the fixed WHQL drivers dated Feb 28. Just pointing this out as some ask me about that on another forum.

Kind of just guessing they have all hands on deck for Ryzen release for a while now.

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    So, now we have "WHQL_17.2.1_feb22" and "WHQL_17.2.1_feb28"? Why didn't they make it 17.2.2? This is weird beyond weird and obviously only meant to confuse people.

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    WHQL 17.2.1 Feb 22 was not actually WHQL and also parts were unsigned. THe feb 28 corrected it but also added about 100 megs to the drivers...so not sure on that larger part.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I guess I'll wait for the next real version before moving on from the feb22. Aside from the video card fan reading saying 1000rpm when the fans are in reality standing still, I'm not, probably, experiencing any strange behavior.