Ghost Recon Wildlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well, i can't play, it crash on startup while reaching main menu

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Playing it coop with my wife, lot of fun, think I may buy us it :)

Set everything except shadows to Ultra and runs really well at 1080p for me, FPS locked to 60 but no idea how close it runs to that don't have any FPS apps set up at present.

So what's the cheapest we can buy this for? Is it region locked? Want a Uplay key (well two one for me and one for the wife) don't want Steam keys.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It's already on C Drive :(

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I tried the beta today not expecting to like the game but I absolutely loved it. Sure, it's formulaic even by Ubisoft's standard, coming across as a mixture of Far Cry 3/4 and Tom Clancy's The Division, but it works really work IMO. As a solo gamer, I found the game engaging with three A.I. teammates with them even chatting between missions, something I wasn't expecting outside of mission briefings. The A.I. sometimes gets stuck on rocks and doors but, for the most part, they work really well and make the game feel less lonely without needing to bring in other human players (something I don't like since I want to the play the game the way I want to without having to compromise for other players). The game has flaws; enemies are a bit dumb to say the least but they still never make the game not fun to play, at least for me. Exploring, upgrading your skills, finding new intel and so on, it's all entertaining stuff and all adds to the sense of progressing through the game.

Initially, I loaded the game up with Ultra 2560x1440 fullscreen settings with v-sync enabled and was shocked to find performance in the 30-40 fps range, mostly around 30 fps. Lowering the settings to Very High allowed the game to hit 60 fps but there will still dips down to the low 30s fps. However, I found that switching the game to Borderless allows me to run on Ultra 2560x1440 settings with performance in the 45-60 fps range, mostly staying between 50 and 55 fps. In Borderless this feels completely smooth. This transformed the game for me from being fun but choppy to one that just felt like it was running as it should be. Visually the game is fine and occasionally pretty but not really that impressive overall with dated character NPC models and stuff like non-interactive foliage when creeping through in stealth mode. On the whole the graphics serve their purpose but I really aren't sure what is going on with the fullscreen mode. Has anyone else found the game running far better in borderless?

Anyway, I wasn't going to buy this game but now I think I will although with Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (on Switch) out this week I can't see myself buying this straight away, much as I want to, as I suspect it'll end up getting overlooked. Seems really good though. Really enjoyed the beta.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ thanks for that Darren, haven't had time to test this out myself but am curious about the game.

Your gaming 'ideology' applies pretty much to me, based on what you wrote, so can use your post for reference :)

The same happened to me with Division actually, went in not sure what to expect and it became one of my all time favourites.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yeah if you like The Division you will like this. I didn't really care for either of them.
    One thing that really bothered me is the driving. I think they borrowed the horse physics from The Elder Scrolls games because I was driving almost straight up a mountain to take a shortcut. That and driving off the other side of the mountain the car would tip on its side only to be magically set rightside up again.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Not exactly.
    I like The Division... but could not stand this.

8. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Same here.

Wildlands just feels so cheap, The vehicle handling may be some of the worst ive ever come across.

9. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    There are many differences with Division, can't really understand 100% why people keep matching these 2 games, I like them both as they offer different gameplay.
    Maybe it's just me.

Only "comparison" I could make is that..Division too had many issues and took some patches to reach current state.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    i feel people should consider than vehicle behaviour has been made such way to allow passengers to use their weapons properly (i strongly guess!).

11. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    It is more like Ghost recon with a Far Cry tint.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Tried the beta yesterday and immediately got a FarCry feel with the minimap, setting, menus and so forth. Not the prettiest game out there and the weapon sounds were a bit off. Driving was SO bad >.< Though I'm sure this is a great co-op game!

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I also don't mind the vehicles. Games aiming for realistic vehicle behaviour just end up being annoying to play.

14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I have to agree, as much as Wildlands is growing on me, it is absolutely nothing like The Division.

15. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    got to play several hours of this over the weekend with a buddy

I absolutely had fun, it's a great sand-box co-op game

loved planning stealth like incursions only to miss a bullet by an inch and then the whole base being alarmed lol

the vehicle mechanics are strange, it's very 'floaty' but whatever that doesnt' bother me

also parachuting off the chopper into an armed base is alot of fun
    not to mention Breach and Clears using C4 into a heavily guarded interior.

so yea, I may end up buying this. I liked it, not to mention the really good weapon customization.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I found some if the vehicles strangely slow while others felt just right. Didn't have a problem with the handling myself, it felt fine, just the slow speed of some the cars which I thought should have been faster. It made traveling between missions more tedious than it should have been IMO. The helicopter though is by dar the best way to traverse the map and the handling and controls were absolutely fine.

17. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    It really needs to me on a solid state drive , ill have to clear some space on mine for the full release , my hard drive was grinding all the time :/

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I think it's a great and unique game really. Tons of fun, has to be played in multiplayer of course.

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Gifted it to myself from my Indian "friend", bought via Steam India using 900 Rupees on the balance and the remainder I had spare in bitcoins so didn't cost me anything!

20. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I like the concept but won't be getting it because I am predicting it will be highly repetitive after some 6-7hrs gameplay.

If I'm wrong... then I might consider it.