Intel is Dropping Processor Prices

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 26, 2017.

1. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    In Europe an i7 7700K costs from 350 euros to 450 euros depending on country and retailer and i5 250 to 330 euros. Yes they are overpriced because why not? No competition they can charge whatever they want.

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
  3. Sartnir

Sartnir Guest

GPU:
    Ha ha............
    Pathetic......!!!
    When they see that they lose with the twice almost money
    they drop down
    pathetic......!!!

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed but things change. These price "reductions" are still far from competitive. I have feeling when Ryzen 5 6c/12t lands in next couple of months Intel wont have a chance with this lineup.

5. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    /me starts to look for cheap 2nd hand 6900K to fit in my shiny Sk2011 motherboard :)

It's a win-win for everyone, including Intel CPU users ^.^

(Well, -almost- everyone, the only loser is Intel, but they have PLENTY of reserve cash so it's more of a bleeding nose than a punch in the stomach)

6. {LOD}PITBULL

{LOD}PITBULL Guest

GPU:
    AMD 290x
    Agreed!

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    For me is clear that Intel has to cut the prices of the X99 cpus because Ryzen will offer (almost) the same performance at much lower prices. As for the rest of the line up, i´m not so sure, specially because AMD still has to release their mainstream chips.

But i have to agree with everyone else regarding Intel´s prices, they are just too overpriced!

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I don't think you can beat mc's cpu walk in prices anywhere plus they let you pick your own stepping.
    3% sales tax in the Paterson store and you have a great deal.
    I might check them out looking for an amd cpu and board while I am there lol
    from mc launch prices its like 30usd cheaper across the board with these discounts

9. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I use to work for Micro center guys, and while I never managed to find out how much mc would by cpu's in bulk price-I did try my hardest to find out believe me. They do have the best price on cpu and motherboards I can assure you of that!

Damm I miss the days having to price and then stock a couple cart full of brand spankin new cpu's from intel and amd. My best guess would be they get them at maybe $100 under retail cause they are buying so many of them.

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yes sales tax is extra. My state is 6% where others might be slightly higher or lower.

They also do a lot of deals if you buy a MB and CPU together you'll get an extra $50 or more off depending on the price of the MB you get. I haven't found anywhere else that can beat their prices.

11. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    They price match against new-egg and match or beat (any) advertised price on cpu deals guys. It says so on the catalog. Yes you add sales tax to that, by me thats what 7-8% I wanna say? Chicago.

12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    All i can say thank you to AMD for being competitive. And actually SO Competitive. Cant wait to see final benchmarks of 1800x.

However now whats more interesting is how Intel will respond in terms of their next CPU lineup. If they won't have anything to offer in terms of cheap 8th gen Cpu's that perform same or better than Intel, then Intel is in trouble.

13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Yet another misleading title from Guru3D.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Haha. :D

HH tend to do a clickbaits lately. Nothing wrong with that.

15. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    So far 8-10% drops are nothing special so far on newegg.

16. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Give 'em time...;) This is merely the first round of price cutting...Ryzen has yet to ship...If Ryzen is as billed then I'm sure this won't be the last cut we'll see from Intel.

17. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Can't care less:3eyes:, already preordered the RyZEN 1800x. Intel is not getting my money any time soon!

18. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Microcenter is the best especially theyre mother board cpu combos did those twice saved like 150 usd but yes there is sales tax and they are an hour from my house each way but well worth the trip

19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Over the last 9 months, things have changed here in UK. At the time I bought my i7 6700k it was £260 April-May 2016. This cpu is £360 at ocuk. That's £100 more than I paid, so, yeah prices have inflated a lot, even accounting for Brexit.

I've also noticed that my graphics card hasn't come down in price at all. My GTX1070 was £420. It's £470 now. The expected price drops haven't come yet and actually, everything has gone up, with Intel CPU being the most ridiculous. Really glad I got my system built when I did.

20. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Thanks for that. I find it perturbing that manufacturers would try to control external reviews.