Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Honestly, these look too GTA V for me lol

2. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Aiden without his cap looks kinda... Wrong(???) lol

3. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    Maybe (To both comments) :p
    I only added the mod , nothing else

4. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    Funny story
    a guy picked a fight with his clone
    [​IMG]

5. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    "who are you?"
    "i am you but stronger"
    *tries to kill the original*

6. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    It was reworked as the R33 I guess, probably a licencing problem so they just changed the appearence of their automatic pistol. Anyway in the weapon files you can find a lot of references to apparently "cut" weapons, they are just the name of the animation set though, for example a lot of rifles share the same AK47 animation set. ;)

7. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Hey, I got my 1060 earlier this weekend (and while it doesn't hit a completely steady 60 in Watch Dogs or GTA at 1080p like benchmarks suggested it could), I'm rather happy with it. That being said, whenever I go to open WindyCity.game, I get a scrambled mess, and I'm unable to read anything regarding gradColor. I can see some of the stuff about rain streaks and cascade, but it's not written in c++ like that, it's just sort of vomitted out in really long lines of code. Is there anyway to fix this?

8. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    You need to convert it first. Rename the extension of the WindyCity.game.xml into ".rml", then drag and drop it to "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertXml.exe". After editing you need to convert it back the same way and rename to WindyCity.game.xml

9. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Uhhh, I'm not sure why exactly but my Windy City is not cooperating. I've tried several different ways to change the file extension but it just won't budge. It just makes it "Windy_City.game.rml.xml" each time.

10. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Possibly Windows 10 doing that. Uncheck in folder settings "Hide registered file extensions" or something like that.

11. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

guys what time of day did the e3 ps4 premier take place?

12. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Somewhere between 8-9 AM. And it was not premiered at E3, they just dropped it on the Youtube.

13. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
  14. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

guys i need some help. can some one tell me how to edit crashers e3 face? i want to make his mustache more darker and bigger. (Never mind already knew)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2017
  15. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    I was somehow able to get the profiling animations closer to what we saw back in the day, and made a footage about it.

It's not perfect, even way from perfect for me, with many bugs that probably can't be eliminated. In the video, you can see Aiden's hands will become unresponsive, his lookat animations behaves strangely, and it is due to the fact that the trick I used traps animations in a loop, which you might also see in the video where Aiden pulls up the mask multiple times.

I'm just gonna drop the link here. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/0pwDQ0j-qUE

P.S: Sorry if my video hurts your eyes. My screen's native aspect ratio is 16:10.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017

16. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Hey guys. Along with his news, I managed to get street lights to be even more visible with relaunch lighting settings.
    [​IMG]

17. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

This actually looks very nice but I have a question . Is your mod target to look like e3 2012 or 2013? And which lighting files doesn't it use the 2012 one or the relaunch one?

18. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    My mod was targetting E3 2012 type visuals (especially at night, the rest of the day doesn't look as close).

The picture of the lights on was just me messing around with relaunch settings, I don't actually plan to finish that as of now.

My mod uses purely E3 2012 files, with a clear file tweaked for interior lighting settings, as well as tweaked to make daytime storm weather more playable in. I think I might go back and make daytime just a bit dimmer, but for now I'm going to leave it as is.

19. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

I just tried your mod and it looks really close to e3 2012 at night.

20. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Thanks, I may or may not update it in the near future. I mostly wanna mess with transitions between indoors and outdoors at the moment. I think personally think they could use some work.