AMD Ryzen Launches March 2nd

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yes we managed a full day without a Ryzen news! But, a day has passed and some new information popped up. The AMD Ryzen launch date seems to be firm and steady on March 2nd, likely 3PM CEST. ...

AMD Ryzen Launches March 2nd

2. Aniboom

Aniboom Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6950 XT
    Woooooo! T minus 2 weeks. Can't wait! :banana:

3. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    Looking forward to some proper reviews to see how this really stacks up.

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi HH

Did you receive yours review sample of RYZEN or are you still waiting on review sample ?

But still two weeks from now its awesome news at least

Thanks,Jura

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No Sir. Typically reviewers get 3 to 7 days with samples, mainly for the sole reason this prevents massive leaks prior to release. We will be receiving a kit obviously, but that's as much as I am allowed to share information wise.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, it's about time we see some real benches under "home" circumstances e.g. HH's testbench. Bring on those reviews!

7. meran

meran Guest

GPU:
    sapphire 5850 2gb @850
    That would be a great birthday present for me Samsung S8 and AMD RYZEN hopefully vega too looking forward for your review Hilbert.

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I'd find it strange if the 4c and 6c models were to be released much later. I mean, if you look at GPUs, AMD released the entry/mainstream models a year earlier compared to the enthusiast models (Vega no sooner than this May, apparently). What kind of decision making is the company doing if they do the exact opposite with CPUs? They should release all models as soon as possible. While those 8c/16t prices are good (if the IPC is there), they aren't absolutely speaking cheap components (the cheapest costs well over 300 dollars/euros), so they won't attract the masses all over the world.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That is true. Intel does not need new CPUs, they'll just update pricing. And even if intel sold some chips at loss, they still have income from others.
    To grab the moment is to release everything.

10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    can't wait for the reviews ! hehe i wanted to ask you years now that i lurked around hh when you are under nda do you have the urge to go on and say guys it is great or guys it is a big disappointment ?obviously you will never break nda for the obvious reasons but i was just wondering !

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Hmm the differences in price makes me wonder about something... If the r1700 would be the ideal choice because if you could overclock it close to the r1700x and the 1800x speeds or beyond. Just like the Fx 8320 vs the 8350 and the 8350 vs the Fx 9xxx series of CPUs. To me only time will tell.

12. Inolvidable

Inolvidable Guest

GPU:
    MSI GXT 970
    The sole possibility of a new serious player in the CPU arena that pushes us (and Intel) into mainstream 8c/16t processors is exciting.

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Hilbert, can you be more specific when you say that the 6/4 cores parts aren´t going to be released anytime soon? Do you mean in the next 3 months? 6??? I would really like to know this, in case you have some info about it.

I already asked this before but i´m only interested in the six core parts because the 8 cores parts are too expensive for my taste.

Thanks in advance.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I do not have a sound answer to that, but I expect only 8-core parts to launch and in a later stage 6 cores. Perhaps my hunch is wrong though, but honestly I do not see 4 and 6 core parts launch short term. Logic dictates further launches close to events, e.g. maybe computex in 3 months but that is pure speculation from my side.

Once Ryzen launches in a week or two, perhaps these questions can be answered as there will be a briefing from AMD.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Ok, thanks a lot for the reply!

I´m gonna wait for your review or more solid info about this because i want to build a new rig and i´m not going to wait 3 more months for the six core parts, no matter how good they are...
    Also i can´t believe that AMD is gonna be stupid enough to only release high end Ryzen cpus that 80 or 90% or the market aren´t going to buy!...

16. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Good I cant wait to check out the review, I am interested in the 1700 model.

17. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Hilbert, are you gonna experiment Ryzen with different coolers, to see how auto overclock actually works?. Perhaps even with some water market cooling?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  18. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Gaming isn't really the target market for these CPUs IMHO. When I was building my rig I ended up comprising on the cpu because I couldn't justify the expense of an X99 system for rendering and compute tasks. If there had been a option like these Ryzen skus at the time I would have been all over them like a fat kid on cake.

19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    I really hope the chipset of AM4 boards will be really good.
    Because low perf chipset will throw Ryzen CPU perf in vain.

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Very curious to see how the 8mb cache 4 core 8 thread cpu's perform!

Even more curious about future APU'S!