AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.1.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I guess PRMinisterGR's point simply was that AMD wouldn't bother wasting resources rewriting the 2D driver for GCN 1.0 if they didn't still care about those cards.
    A driver rewrite surely takes more resources than fixing that bug?

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Exactly. And GCN 1.0 is in the list of cards that are officially supported by the AMDGPUPRO driver in Linux. I actually believe that we have the bug because they bother with the cards, not the other way around.

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    It also seems like the bug where graphic card is not being detected by the installer if you have that big Windows 7 convenience rollup update installed is fixed. Good.

4. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    The UVD bug is still present.
    The bug stired up on the 3 day.

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I guess I am somewhat lucky.

I don't have the UVD bug as of yet.

However, I think it's not completely gone from seeing some of the feedback provided thus far.

6. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    I know it's not a place to ask, but is anyone using Insider Preview build 15031 (Windows 10) and an Xinput gamepad on it? Cuz yesterday my Xeox PRO wireless gamepad used to work in Xinput mode on that build, today it just makes my PC freeze and I can hear siren like sound when clicking mouse. I have to restart my PC after it freezes. Works fine in directinput.
    P.S. Again, sorry for asking here.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Since 15014 build there are gamepad issues on TP, don't expect a flawless experience: you are the beta-tester. :)

8. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Yeah, I know I'm a beta tester. :) Just asking, because it worked fine on this build first day, afterr then, it's causing issues.

9. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    What is this "UVD Bug" everyone speaks about. Does it mean Clockrate is stuck in Videomode and not deliver Full-Performance for that reason?
    Then i think i got it on my 7950 as well.

10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Yes, that's it on CGN 1.0 cards ( for that specific problem one solution is bios editing to match highest UVD clock to desired 3D clocks). Other symptom is also having clocks stuck at the lowest UVD clock instead of 300/150 on idle, which can result in ~30W more power draw.
    To get out of it you must restart the driver (reboot or CRU's restart64.exe). Drivers up until 16.7.2 (included) didn't suffer from it.

11. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Encountered the UVD bug today for the first time since I installed the updated ReLive 17.1.2

But it is not nearly as frequent as it was in the previous drivers I'd imagine.

12. Bojamijams

Bojamijams Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Has anyone ever got an Error 1603 at the end of the installation (and thus not being a successful installation?)

FIrst time I got it was when I switched from nvidia to AMD. Did DDU, shutdown, installed card, ran setup for 17.1.1 and got that error. The only fix I could come up with was to reset my PC back to a fresh install and do it then. It worked.

Now I want to install 17.1.2 and I'm getting the same error. Nothing I do has fixed it. DISM and SFC commands that AMD suggest reveal no issues. I have write permission to %TEMP%. Registry is not corrupt or anything like that.

I'm going crazy because it means I cannot install a new driver unless I wipe my PC back to a clean state which I can't do everytime.

Please help!

13. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    Same for me.Just once for 6 days.I Had to restart the PC.

14. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    I found that the power needed to reach steady the 3d clock has been increased in relive drivers. As long my r9 390 is not set to power +18 on msi afterburner, i cannot reach 1040 mhz core. Keeping the power to +18 even in idle, solved also the black screen crashes i had, and my rig doesn't freeze on wake up from standby anymore. Overclocking now works as well,and can set +50 power without any issue

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Try to install 16.11.5 driver:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-crimson-16-11-5-driver-download.html

If there is a successful install at least you'll know it's ReLive and not your Windows install.

16. Bojamijams

Bojamijams Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Yeah I guess it is worth a shot. Its just that doing that means most likely doing an image restore. And thus a fresh backup before attempting this.

But at least I'll know if its me or... them

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    No need at all.

Uninstall AMD drivers, DDU in safe mode, reboot normal, install 16.11.5, reboot, done.

18. Bojamijams

Bojamijams Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Yeah that's assuming it doesn't give me the error :)

But wasn't freesync in borderless windowed mode added in 16.12.x? can't remember the last digit. I need that one so those would be the ones I should try. Although.. is there a reason you think the 16.11.5 are the best ones?

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    http://www.msigeek.com/715/how-to-troubleshoot-the-error-1603-fatal-error-during-installation

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I had the 1603 error in my main Wimdows 10 install and in a clean Windows 10 Anniversary install.

It guess it must be related to AMD relive drivers and not to the OS itself: any other device drivers work fine.

16.11.5 was the last Crimson driver that don't gives me problems at all.

GPU timing control is fine using AfterBurner with them.

I can install newer drivers IF i manually install GPU drivers via device manager pointing to the right .inf in the unzipped driver package BEFORE rebooting after installing the driver package...

....but relive drivers broke AB ability to control GPU timings so i have no interest in them even "bypassing" the 1603 error.