Windows 10 adoption rate is stagnating

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It seems that Microsoft is having a hard time retreiving more new users on Windows 10, the operating system install base has been stuck on 400 million for four months now. Evere since microsoft ende...

Windows 10 adoption rate is stagnating

2. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Every time i install windows 10, after a week i'm going back to 8.1. I think it's the best worst operating system microsoft ever released

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Sucks for those not wanting to change i guess.

I'm extremely happy with Windows 10 for atleast 8 months now.

4. lanelor

lanelor Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Stryx
    Zoom to 125% in Windows 10 and enjoy the blurry fonts ^_^

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Smoothing turned off ??

No blurry fonts here

6. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    The biggest problem is that their is no joined up thinking/approach between the different teams working on windows 10 so every time they do a patch update it creates problems and bugs.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not sure what m$ expected to happen, with a spying, restrictive OS that cripples everybody but enterprise users with unnecessary driver / update pushes that bring more problems than they solve, a still more than slowly picking up dx12 support by devs and games, and little else for the average user to consider when switching.

Truth be told, m$ failed at both, lack of windows phone sales and of win10 PC adoption.

8. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    I'm not blind so I don't need to. I did check and what you say is rubbish.

9. Order_66

Order_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT
    And this is what happens when you try to force an OS with tons of unnecessary mobile garbage baked into it for a desktop along with all the adware, spyware etc also baked into it.
    In the end microsoft will just blame the consumer for their failures, they always do eventually.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's ok. Not great, not bad either.

I really wish they'd bring Edge browser upto par with IE11, though, like favourites bar.

11. G0dly

G0dly Member

GPU:
    1080 TI
    I experienced the blurry font issue but I'm running two screens at different resolutions\scaling and it strangely only affected my non scaled screen, the only way to get it to work was to plug my second screen in to the onboard adaptor (I'm sure it's driver related though as my old AMD didn't have the issue).

Other than that once I'd disabled all the crud etc w10 is fab :D

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I use it every single day and ****ing hate it.

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Yeah but tin foil sales went through the roof.

14. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    That no joke it even major problem with the beta ver to, I still can't copy and paste in Edge without it f***up and at lease 70% web site don't work right

15. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Err nope. No blurry fonts here.

16. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Ewwww 8.1? 10 is better in every single way. If you're going to revert to an older OS, then Win 7 is the place to go

I was very slow to adopt Win 10 and was very happy with Win 7. I never thought I'd like Win 10 but it's the best OS yet. Once you know how to turn off all the crap that's not needed it's great. Wouldn't go back to Win 7 now. But 8.1 just no. No.

17. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Nope. Not for me. I own all of windows versions. Best so far is 8.1. 7 was good too but not better.
    With 10 there's too many bugs in almost everything especially with GPUs and drivers

18. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Millenium was good with lots of RAM. That was the problem with them.
    I had them running stable and fast after i figured it out and added more RAM. Can't remember how much though..

19. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    LoL just one problem you have Windows 7 and Vista in wrong places
    Hmm so Windows 3.1 or 95
    Win98 SE <-- Best pre 2000 windows
    Windows Millennium <-- Failed Experiment (The only problem it had was the fact that they remove Real Mode Dos and ME end up being dubbed as the "Mistake Edition" because it LoL even I whine cry in beta testing that it was be a big mistake)
    What the Hell No NT4 and 2000 LoL
    Windows XP <-- Best after 21 century windows (Not to Me I didn't care for cartoonish look I hate the product activation carp)
    Windows Vista <-- Unfinished (More like a Major Disaster I even drop out of beta is was so bad)
    Windows 7 <-- Holly grail of windows foundation (Yup it was in tell MS f***up the windows update and stop give us services pack cuases kind goof issues make it taking for every with Windows update)
    Windows 8/8.1 <-- for tablet use or touch screen monitor (I got agree with on that one)
    Windows 10 <-- Unfinished, Alpha stage, tons of bugs DX12 only benefit (That true that about only benefit beside a few other thing)

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They counted on smartphone sales that never happened because they themselves abandoned the Lumia brand on purpose. There will be a mobile device from Microsoft at around November I guess, along with a new UI and win32 compatibility. It's really then that things will be interesting.

PS: Vista wasn't so bad as people make them out to be and they are the basis of all Windows versions after them. Only 10 may be considered a similar leap technically, and that would be mostly due to MinWin and UWP.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017