Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Also, another disclaimer; I haven't edited indoor lighting settings yet. I'll get to that after I finish the outside lighting first.

2. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    First cloud editing attempt: Failure

[​IMG]

Can someone help me with the fog settings in windy_city.game.xml, I only want a small amount of fog in the distance. I've asked this three times now with no answer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  3. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Hey guys, the mod's coming along pretty well, though I have a few questions about where I can find other mods. I'm currently looking for the white helicopter spot light and the red and blue police lens flares, does anybody know a good place to find these?

Also, does anybody know how to edit bloom on lights other than the sun? Personally I like the bloom that comes with retail for the sun, but I'd like to have some bloom around streetlights at night and with those you can see in the day. Does anybody know how to edit these things?

4. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Sorry crasher, I'd help but I don't know how to edit fog, Ive looked into it but don't know how to convert the object hashes to readable code. If you told me how to get in and fix that then I could mess around some and try to help you.

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I don't know either. I asked mleemiles to translate the code from "environmentfog.lib" like he did with the other libs recently but he didn't answer me.
    For now you can try out the distant fog setting from Bad Blood DLC, just put this value "1991434354" into envfogsettingsFog in windy_city.xml

I don't remember releasing "Light Bloom" standalone files. Where did you get it? Maybe you used "Disabled Bloom" from Variety Pack?

6. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Okay, thank you, I just thought you guys were ignoring me, and I was getting frustrated with this.

I'll look into this further, I'll put in some random code in windy_city.game.xml's envfogsettingfog in the mean time.

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    If noone knows the answer you expect a "no I don't know" from everyone? If you ask and noone replies means that noone knows the answer, especially if you've already asked several times, no need for childish huge red text.

Noone replied to my question a page back (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5385942&postcount=1418) but I didn't freak out, I just assumed that noone knew anything about it and started working on solving it myself.

8. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    I looked afterwards and realized I meant standard bloom. I guess I was thinking light DOF? I realized that after redownloading your variety pack.

9. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Hey, my mod is rapidly progressing and becoming closer to E3, so I just wanted to say thanks in advance to everyone who has helped out. On the subject of helping out, does anyone know a good place to find the E3 ambrose theater lighting mod? The one that makes the sign blueish and changes colors.

10. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Turns out I just got the mod from ThatGuy's Definitive Mod (which is a really good looking mod btw). However, now that I have night time storm lighting looking good, does anybody have any good ideas on how to improve the daytime storm lighting?

I keep trying to mess with SunlightIntensity and Sunbounce so it doesn't mess with night time, but it keeps ending up looking like trash. Does anybody know any good ways to balance these two without interfering with night time storm lighting? I currently have low Sunlight intensity and higher sunbounce, but the other way around just seems to make the shadows super dark (They're still kinda dark right now, but less than the other way).

11. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

BTW definitive is the most e3 2012 like mod( in my opinion)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2017
  12. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    It is really good looking. The problem with it though is that it's WAY too demanding for what the end result is worth. So far mine looks close to E3 and it barely has any performance drop over vanilla. I suppose I might look at what definitive did and see if I can get day time lighting to look good that way. Either that or see how Worse made the lights show up more during the stormy day. I'll come back later with results.

Btw, night time lighting on my mod is done and it looks great.

13. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

do you actually want your mod to look like e3 2012 or just look good and realistic or which e3 year will your mod look like the most?

14. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Well I'm using a tweaked E3 2012 environment lighing set so probably E3 2012. I have the all of the weather presets looking good except for rainy day time, and I'm not sure how to make it look better yet. I'm still working on it.

15. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

umm i was asking if you could make a comparison photo between your mod and e3 2012 at night. i wanna see your progress .i am kinda interested.:)

16. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Okay, sure. I'll come back with a link to it in a few (unless someone can show me how to make images show up here well.

17. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Instead, I opted to upload a YouTube video(mainly because images won't display here when I post them). Also, I feel it's also good to see a video demonstration instead, as some parts of the game are prettier than others so it's good to see it in motion.

I don't have any comparison to the actual E3, so you'll have to bring up a video and run the comparison yourself for now (No good video editing software and I didn't want to download the original demo video from YouTube or elsewhere).

The video can be found here.

18. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    For a past few weeks i was working on edited Natural And realistic Mod by Danvsw + i was merging it with other mods and making my own stuff , so i decided to share it here
    http :// imgur . com /a/1Qf2B (Im posting a link because i need to have 5 posts to post images...)
    Whole Progress:
    *The Worse's Bloom
    *Sprint Animation from PS4 Demo and Sprint Start from Definitive Mod
    *E3 Walking Animation
    *My Coat/Wind Physics
    *Many Textures from Different mods including PS4 Demo Trains , Higher quality textures , E3 stuff like Dot Connection Lights from Definitive Mod
    *Blackout from Definitive Mod
    *And Many more stuff that i don't remember
    Lets say im trying to make the game Look realistic and Like E3 in the same time
    I also got some issue with car lights that i will post soon.... (You can notice it in Some screenshots , the flares are misplaced and idk how to fix it)

19. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

oh nice. you are actually getting close.

20. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Not bad, I like the whole realistic approach, I've actually considered working on one like that after I've finished my current one. (As good as E3 looks, It's not very realistic to say the least.) To be fair, at night vanilla is actually factually more realistic than E3 was. Blue police lights, brighter, yellower street lights and a purely dark blue night sky.

As for your headlights problem, it may stem from having different lighteffectprefab.lib. The lens flares I'm using were taken from Definitive Mod's files, and originally I was having a problem too until I realized I had to copy lighteffectprefab.lib AND the textures for the lens flares to work. I'd try making sure those are matched up and see what that does for you.

Also, could you maybe show a video of some sort? I'm interested to see what your coat physics look like.

Finally, what is the Sprint Start from the Definitive mod?