US Prices of AMD Ryzen Processors Surface As Well - Starts at $316.59

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This thing does not even make sense.

Minimum wage in the USA is 7.25 an hour

2$ a day, at best, would be 61 dollars a month

61/7.25=8.41~ hours worked for the entire month

If someone is on minimum wage and only working 8.41~ hours a month, i very much doubt they care at all about AMDs new CPU

And this whole $2 a day nonsense has almost nothing to do with the topic about europe and it's minimum wages per month

There's always going to be poverty, even in the european nations that will fall below what has been talked here

Yet you make it sound like this $2 nonesense is some epidemic in the USA

Average monthly salary in the European Union is 1508 Euro

Average monthly salary in the USA is somewhere around 4700 USD, or 4407.97 Euro

Our average is higher then the #1 average in the european union, which is Luxembourg at 3,149 euro average per month

So how about we all just stop this nonesense of $2 a day in the US to try and make it look like the US is in dire need, there's poverty in every country, what matters is the average.

2. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -

???

The question was "Who in the US is living off 2$ a day"
    The article is about people that live off 2$ a day.
    Not about what minimum wages are.

Nobody said those people work.

(Apart from the fact that there is unreported employment where minimum wage can't be enforced...)

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And the $2 a day nonsense has no business being in this thread, which is the entire point.

This thread has basically turned into a "who has it worst"

I understand why people get frustrated with prices on items because of how much it impacts their monthly salary vs someone elses monthly salary, that makes sense

But you don't take the lowest of the lowest and say we have it worse

Some people make absolutely nothing each month

There's people like that in every single country

So how about we all just say we all have it worse because some people in every country make absolutely nothing.

There, we are all even now.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  4. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    The question was asked. I answered it. So in case of you wanting to informing me about a derail, maybe talk to the persons who initiated it.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Please keep the thread on topic...

I wonder what Australian prices will be like.

6. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I'm still waiting on seeing the official benchmarks. I'm pretty happy with my 5820K. I'm still not convinced AMD can produce something that can match or beat the 5820K for the same or cheaper price point.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Here's hoping though!

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Or maybe they could break it out price + vat. I don't know how uniform the VAT is. In the US, taxes vary by State, County, City, and sometimes suburbs within a city. So it would somewhat more difficult here.

Some more information to digest chaps....

https ://video cardz.com/65774/more-details-about-amd-zen-cpu-core-revealed-at-isscc

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It varies, but 20% is the average.
    They could break it down, but chances are people would half read and then cry foul.
    I just use the USD price when comparing stuff.

I'm hoping these turn out good, and also looking forward to seeing what boards will arrive as well

10. BRGEng

BRGEng Guest

GPU:
    RX Vega64 8GB
    Okay, considering the US prices topping out at $490, could this be bulk pricing (like per 1000 units), and not retail? $490 is not an American retail price.

That could provide a better explanation.

11. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Ah my mother receives $2 a day from Social-security disability,it has been this way for her for the past 12 years. She even wrote a letter to Ron Emanuel asking where he goes to eat for $2 dollars a day so she can visit these spots herself. :)

When you live in the most (Corrupt) city in the country I guess this is not anything unusual. :wanker:

12. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    I'm thinking the same thing with my 3930K. Paired with a GTX 1080, there's really nothing my system struggles with running at 1440p (game-wise, video-production wise, audio-production wise, etc...), but it's getting to the point the processor is over 5 years old and the motherboard as well. I usually like to replace things before they break down on me. That 5820K is a great CPU and about three years newer. I'd stick with that for another 2-3 years.

Also, I don't get all of this talk about who makes what where and why it should be an argument here. Seems like a good argument for another thread?

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I don't think anything is likely to break down unless you're exceeding dangerous voltages. My PC is holding up just fine for 1080p games but I want to replace it because it runs hot and it's a little noisy.

It's not a good argument, for any thread. It's nothing more than a whining contest. What I really don't get is why do these people not realize the purpose of lower-price parts? Why do they think there are lower performance tiers? You (not specifically you) are not obligated to buy the most expensive thing. You are not entitled to have the best performance. Buy what you can afford and if you don't like it, work harder for a better life. Quit complaining and move on. If everyone could get an 8-core i7 and a GTX 1080, there wouldn't be a reason to be an enthusiast. You aren't going to notice the extra 5FPS you get because you got 16 threads instead of 12, or 8. If you do something like CAD, you can wait an extra few seconds for the render to complete. People are so impatient and vain.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I really can't wait to get a new cpu. My 2500k has been a truly great piece of hardware over the years but it's definitely showing it's age. Been playing a lot of BDO recently and the performance in towns is not the best, sometimes I get 30fps, sometimes 20, when less populated, at off peak times, in the 40s. I was watching a guy stream it last night and he was getting pretty much nailed on 60fps in Altinova (one of the major cities), well, he hovered between 55 and 59 fps, it never dropped below that. My 2500k simply isn't capable of that. He was running a 6700k at 4.7.

I'm really looking forward to either getting the 7700k, 6800k or one of the 8c/16t Ryzens, pair them with 3200mhz+ ram. That should stretch the legs of the 980ti just nicely. Not long to wait now.

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I feel the same way with my 4790k that with any game im not taxing it heavily enough for an upgrade and I can't think of any game that utilizes beyond 4 cores. And I hope that my rig lasts 5+ years.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It won't last 5 years.

It will still work, but you will need to start scaling stuff back very soon especially if AMD can make 8 view chips more mass market.

17. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I noticed I got a nice 10-15 minimum fps boost in the busiest towns in ESO when I went from my 3770K to my 6700K. The difference in synthetic benchmarks isn't that big of a deal, but for that particular MMO city area scenario it was a pleasant surprise for me. It will be very interesting to swap my GTX 1080 between my 6700K and my pending Ryzen (looking like a 1700X) to compare the two CPUs directly to each other. :nerd:

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I wonder if the differences you guys see are more because of RAM speed and not CPU power.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Faster ram would help sure, better coding too but... When you have 4 cores running at 90%+ it's obvious that having more cores/threads would help.

Most games run fine on my rig but the cpu becomes a bottleneck in some MMOs, no doubt.
    Interesting, didn't expect such a difference going from 3770k to 6700k.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well if push comes to shove I'll play @ 1080p and not use the Nvidia equivalent to dynamic super resolution. Plus the software has to catch up too. With the games that I play I can see my cpu lasting 5+ years but you are correct with newer titles down the road though.