Nioh

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Game is GOOD. FUN, challenging and addictive. Very similar to Dark Souls. The leveling up system is rewarding and it has many options to go for.

aim using dual katana and axe. putting my most of points on dual katana setup. it has low damage but most enemies stops their attack move when i hit them fast.

Some special weapons, most of big weapons. and big -bosses doesn't effected by this fast attack of mine in terms of "stop their attack move set " thing.

i am bit lost while trying to use which combo. too many of them. am i getting old or what?

couldn't defeat the first boss alone and summoned a player to defeat him . was satisfying .thank god no enemy players to invade my world ffs. for now or what? people were talking coop patch etc.

after first boss i stopped playing.

2. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    I genuinely want to play this game, but I hate losing exp and souls when I die what should I do!!?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    After an uninspiring prologue sequence, which did nothing to remind me that I was not actually playing a Dark Souls game, thanks to the generic castle setting, the game oddly threw an optional but recommended tutorial at me, which IMO should have been part of the prologue. Believe it or not but I died FOUR TIMES just leaving the cell because I had no weapon and the game had not explained its mechanics to me. The Dark Souls influences continued with respawning enemies on dying and a deceiving boss battle, that I thought was way too easy until I realised it hadn't even started!!!

It wasn't until I started the game proper, where the demo begins, that I actually started to appreciate the game more, although I had to cut my playtime short due to work. Not blown away by the visuals, although they're certainly not bad, but at least on the Pro you have a choice of three modes, one of which targets a locked 60 fps (the recommended option as the others, which prioritise resolution, just don't feel smooth at all). 60 fps is absolutely essential for a game of this type and its combat feels much lighter and quicker than Dark Souls.

Not sure how long I will play this. I struggled for a long time with Bloodborne but ended up getting quite a way through it. While I enjoy the exploration and regular enemy encounters, it's the boss fights that I do not particularly enjoy. Those really test my patience as I admit I am not a particularly skilled gamer. If a game is really good though then I will persevere otherwise I will stop playing it and move on to something else. We shall see what happens with Nioh! ;)

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The bosses were the main reason I stopped playing Bloodborne. I consider myself to be quite skilled at gaming, but those bosses are just rage inducing to the extreme.

5. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    hmm... interesting, I was playing 4k/30fps last night, feel fine. I'll try out the 60fps today. Game like these, aka DS, BB, if you struggle with the boss, pretty much mean you will have to level up more. Plus! be very careful on how you spend your points on level up. Really need to pay attention to your play style. I learned that the hard way from BB. Ever since, I blast through every single DS games. It is not too bad. Also, in case you not aware, ALWAYS pay attention to the WEIGHT! lol :) For this game, I use to control my dodge distance. Too light weight, I fly across the screen. :bang:

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    THEY ARE!! it why i keep coming back for more, my copy came to day but i cant get at it cause I snowed in

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Farm and level up in Bloodborne is easier than other Souls titles.

Level up until you can beat the boss.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    My preoder didnt come with the pre order bonus, It didnt come with the game or via email:wanker:

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I must have died about 150 times last night in the 4 hours or so I played this super-addictive game yet I still kept coming back for more! I did not even realise it was 1:15am because I was enjoying it so much.

This game is very punishing IMO, perhaps more so than either Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I find it so easy to mistime hits and end up with my character literally stationery and out of Ki (that's what it's called, right?) for precious micro-seconds as the enemy lunges fatally at me and I die for the umpteenth time. Oh how I cursed. It's both frustrating and addictive at the same time; frustrating because progress can be extremely slow due to having to keep backtracking (though the level design is done in such a way that it never takes more than a few minutes to do so, it all adds up when you keep dying over and over again!) and addictive because I want to see what comes next and I know... I hope... I can do better next time (which I usually don't).

Do not play this game if you have no patience!!! You have been warned.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The 30 fps Movie mode suffers from some extremely annoying framepacing issues IMO that make the game feel juddery/laggy in motion even when it is running at 30 fps. The Variable Movie mode has a framerate that fluctuates between 30 and 60 fps leading to inconsistent controller response and juddering in motion.

The 60 fps mode is really the only way to play this game IMO. I know Bloodborne was locked at 30 fps and had (still has actually) bad framepacing issues but we had no choice but to endure it since it was never fixed. While I tolerated it, I did feel that it let the whole game down but it seems that many Japanese developed games are prone to this issue for whatever reason (lack of experience perhaps?). I personally could not stomach playing Nioh at 30 fps after playing it at 60 fps. It's a night and day difference IMO.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    keep playing. after prologue u will gain them.

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Having to fight through the same enemies just to get back to the boss was just too much to take. Which could take over an hour, only to die in seconds again.

14. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Luckily, so far, (I just finished the first village), Nioh is doing a pretty darn good job in handling that. You will find shortcuts. Not need to run an hour to the boss. But you do need to explore to find the shortcut. :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    gain the Dynamic theme and the armor via the ingame DLC box check in the shrine?

I check that and still no dynamic theme and crimson armor missing too

I at Deep in Shadows missing unless that is still not pass the prologue but pretty sure the first mission where he missing alot skills and ablities was the prologue

16. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    You will need to enter the code, download it on PSN Store, and then claim the armor at the shirne on the first village. The option is call boon or something like that. It will tell you that it is for claiming DLC.

It won't just show up on your inventory. :)

For the theme, go to the nioh page on psn, look for the extra stuff, if it available, you should be able to download there. I have both the static and dynamic theme there.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I know it's not a perfect solution but it's easier to level up than...

...skill up! :D

No pun intended.I needed to farm a lot too!

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is the thing I got no code Newegg says they will look into they also say talk to manufacture manufacture site says talk to sony and sony say talk to newegg lol

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That's true.

20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i know man , i stopped playing that game when i got to the wolf boss at the cemetery