Nvidia Geforce 378.57 Hot Fix Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Groovy-Music, Feb 1, 2017.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    970 here, PhysX at "Auto", and GPU-Z (1.9.0) shows PhysX checkbox as checked. Mystery.

2. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Win10 - HDMI Audio - Audio Enhancements Bug

Since Windows 10 Release, the windows audio enhancements, like volume normalization, doesn't work for me with the nvidia hdmi audio driver.
    The built in windows hdmi driver works fine.
    What is this?

3. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Not before the Creator's Update actually launches, which rumors place in April.

4. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Anyone with Fermi having a similar issue with Netflix or another video service? Each time I start watching a movie, after 10-15 secs or so, it stutters and goes black for just a second. Flawless playback otherwise. Tried various previous drivers but the problem still exists.

Problem doesn't exist in Kodi or on HBO.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    There are things flickering and stuff in The Division with these in DX11 mode. In DX12 mode everything is ****ed up.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  6. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    No, I don't use In-Home Streaming. From the PC Gamer article I was under the impression that it was happening to everyone or close.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I always played in dx12 and never had that. But yesterday I decided to switch to dx11 how hbao+ looks like and then I saw that flicker too, Its only few objects here and there or missing.

One time I saw stone fence around the tree missing on and off, or even a tree by certain camera angle.

Although dx12 ran smoother as overall, in dx11 I saw some streaming hickups or sudden gpu usage spike and then followed by micro stream stutter, this was mostly with nvpcss, nv hfsl had even bigger spikes and fps all over the place - mostly by volumetric shadows.

I saw all that on 376.09 so guess this flicker or missing objects isn't r378 specific.

8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP

9. Hwistler

Hwistler Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    Weird, I've never had that on any driver version since December, neither in dx11 nor dx12. And I wouldn't bother with NV shadows, PCSS looks too janky and HFTS is an enormous performance hit.

10. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    I was using 378.49 drivers on Battlefield 1 and notice on some particular maps i.e. empires edge that the FPS was back to normal instead of low 50's like they were on 376.19. Been using 378.57 for couple of days now and notice the same and also the darkened water issue has been resolved as they were on 378.49. I haven't been playing The Division PTS, but DX12 seems to be at least 10+ FPS faster than DX11. You can really tell the difference between PCSS and HFTS. Was using them in DX12 mode which i've heard weren't working properly and wasn't even seeing a performance drop either.

http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-co...omparison-001-nvidia-hfts-vs-nvidia-pcss.html

11. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Anybody else having problems with Battlefield 4 + DSR with dual monitors in extended mode?

I have two 1920x1080 monitors exact same model connected using DVI, when I enable DSR and change the resolution ingame for that DSR factor, the game changes resolution okay but then any in-game input either from the keyboard or mouse die.

I can still alt-tab somewhat, or press the Windows key to bring up the Start menu which minimizes the game, media keys still work and I can still move the mouse and I can see the pointer moving but clicking doesn't registers in-game, so when the pop ups to accept the new resolution shows up I can't click on Yes and thus it gets reverted to 1920x1080 but even then inputs remain dead.

It's as if the game was out of focus.

One way to bypass this problem I found out that if I change the resolution AND the game to Windowed before applying the new settings I can change to the DSR resolution(4K as example) and then I can just go fullscreen mode with the keyboard alt+return, then I can go forth and back between the DSR resolution(4K) and my native 1920x1080 without having to do any workout around BUT if I tried other DSR factor different from the previously one like 1440p the problem happens and inputs die.

At first I thought it was some other software interfering with it but I've tried running with just Origin and Opera and it still happens and I was running BF4 with DSR some months ago just fine and I haven't done anything to my PC in particular and the only thing I've installed is Age of Empires 2 HD and updates to Origin, Steam, Nvidia drivers, Windows 10 updates.

My Windows 10 is up to date and so are my Nvidia Drivers.

12. Hwistler

Hwistler Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    I never noticed a meaningful FPS change with DX12, but it could be because I cap it at 60. I think pop-in is a bit better with DX12 though. None of NV features in The Division are working in DX12 at the moment. At least HBAO is working on PTS, haven't tested shadows yet.

Sure, the difference is obvious, but I just didn't think it was worth all the FPS - NV shadows is currently the only option I'm not running for a stable 60fps experience.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah I turned them back to high later and all those streaming micro hickups disappeared.
    Its like it buffered area shadows and then had this fps hickup for a micro second, when I checked gpu usage in that time it was 70-80%, then quick 90-95% spike and back to 70-80%..
    When I looked at nvidia guide shadow comparisons, high looked better at times then PCSS, HFTS looked more detailed but yeah fps fluctuations by volumetric lights was just too much.

But those occasional missing/flicker objects remain (saw it randomly 1-2x in dark zone, and 3-4x in normal areas). Im also forcing driver 16xAF (ingame off), although I used the same forced 16xAF in dx12 and everything ok:infinity:

And I saw another thing, slow shadow, lights streaming inside the buildings. e.g. that main Base center.
    later I've installed on SSD and still doing it if I turn around faster, reminded me on RAGE ID5 texture streaming. Is this engine or driver glitch?

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    That's not a bug. UE3/4 makes use of the same thing. Instant pop-in is more distracting usually.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    dota 2 enabled vulkan have some glitches on the players item slots. (378.xx)

please kindly fix it. thanks.

16. grzesiek1515

grzesiek1515 Member

GPU:
    GTX1080 SuperJetStream
    About the black screens issue. I had some issues with them appearing but I managed to simple fix it. There's a setting in Nvidia control Panel for the type of content reported to monitor, it is set to auto on default, try changing it to either programs or video, doesnt really matter which one just dont leave it on auto. In auto mode every time this piece of crap detects for example embedded video it send some kind of switch to monitor which gives the black screen for few seconds.

17. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    Wonder if Nvidia will ever fix the dynamic output color range issue that defaults to "Limited" color scheme when the driver is installed for the first time.
    This has been an issue for quite some time now, it can be fixed by simply manually switching it to "Full" but that's not ideal, I know how to do it, but many peoples don't, and that's a problem.
    I'm using the Dell u2414h with a DP cable, but even if I connect it with HDMI, the problem doesn't go away.
    This problem is only with the nvidia drivers, because I was using the same screen with the same settings and everything on an AMD card and even on the integrated Intel igpu.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    @-Tj-

that asset streaming in when entering base or other areas is normal, had it since the beginning on all drivers.

An SSD helps a bit with it but it's noticeable. Happens only once per session per area though, usually.
    Entering base is usually the worst, the lobby is empty when you enter and then npcs and shadows etc. start appearing.

19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you for the information guys , appreciate it. I did try as you guys suggested but it did not fix my black screens issue / signal lost / flickering issue. I have a temporary fix that i'm using but is a PITA :/ , i have to keep changing resolutions from 4K 60Hz to 1080p 60Hz and reboot , once in windows i can change back again to 4K 60Hz and it kind of fix it , sometimes it takes a couple of reboots to make it work and the issue goes away.

nvidia it's looking into it and trying to squash that bug , hopefully on the next driver.

20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    WWE 2k17 is crashing with these drivers with a "DISPLAY_DEVICE_REMOVED" error when trying to edit a second wrestler in the Creation Suite. I have been able to reproduce it on my PC with Titan X (Pascal) and my friend's with GeForce Titan X (Maxwell) as well as my Mother's PC with GTX 680.

I wasn't able to reproduce it on two PCs with AMD video cards (my laptop with 2x Radeon HD 7970M 2GB and a friend's desktop with Radeon 290x), however, so it appears tobe an issue the game has with Nvidia cards and/or drivers.

Loads of players with Nvidia cards on various WWE 2k17 forums seem to have this problem as well.

Perhaps @ManuelG could investigate/get in touch with 2k or whatever.