@MANUELG Almost 2 years later and GTA V and AC Unity are still NOT FIXED

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by 256k, Feb 5, 2017.

1. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    @MANUELG Almost 2 years later and AC Unity is still NOT FIXED

Nvidia just seems to have totally forgot about this game, since 347.52 we got this on AC Unity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2Ep4IDmrA

It's so sad that i ended uninstalling the game, because i as already desperated about the crashes and artifacts, i wonder.. Does Nvidia employees really works? or they just sit down on their offices and creates new drivers just making click on the game they want to broke each time?, it's a shame already, hell, having a GT72VR 6RE Dominator Pro Tobii (1070m) that can run EVERYTHING and yet i can't play those two games properly (Does not happen only on this PC, also on my desktop PC)

@ManuelG for god's sake, do SOMETHING

GTA V err_gfx_d3d_init is PCSS OR TESSELLATION FAULT!, once deactivated i've been playing for HOURS with everything on ultra

EDIT: Before posting, read the whole thread, jesus christ

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Chipmungus

Chipmungus Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP Hybrid @ 2.1GHz
    Never experienced either of those problems, on GTX980 / 980Ti / 980Ti SLI / TXP. Like Geryboy said, always latest driver.

3. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Happened to me on GTX 980 G1 and here with the 1070m, not only me, thousands of people have this problem, just look at the forums of Steam and rockstar, so...

It's really random, the other day i was able to play for 2 hours, then when i was about to finish the mision it crashed, it happens really randomly

Also Nvidia knows that it's their fault since 353.06

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ce-game-ready-352-86-whql-fixes-updates-list/

Grand Theft Auto V randomly crashes giving error: ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  4. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    GTAV no issue but ubisoft/ubihard games can't be fix.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Beat the whole GTA5 on a 980Ti with zero crashes a year ago. Haven't played much of ACU but during those several hours which I did there were exactly zero issues too. Check your system instead of spouting crap on the forums.

6. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Yeah, the funny part is that the ACU video is NOT MINE, but it's EXACTLY the same issue ;)

Too much coincidence that both systems (Notebook pascal gaming) and my Desktop PC suffer from exactly the same issues, woah!

Also as i've posted before, you can see how Nvidia itself says that it's an open issue from their drivers

EDIT: So.. For now 1h:30min without crashes, what i've done is deactivate Nvidia PCSS and Tessellation, so it can be a problem with the game using one of those options on Nvidia (Not the first game that had problems like this), let's see if it crashes, gonna try to play for a few hours, if not, it was one of those 2 things that conflicts with Nvidia drivers

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  7. Bl@ck_Thorne

Bl@ck_Thorne Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 3060 TI
    i agree i experiencing graphical artifacts in subway mission in AC Unity i thought at first it's my GPU but i look at my temp in afterburner and it's only 57c and then i search on the internet and i discovered i'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

btw the videos is not mine but i have the same issue like on this videos. i just pretend that this is Nvidia PhsyX effect hahaha..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2Ep4IDmrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO-1yRomecY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XTxGjYVLTLs

8. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Yup, been playing GTA V since i wroted the last post, it's definely some problem with Tessellation or PCSS, didnt crashed for hours

9. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    I can confirm this is also on my rig with gtx770 and gtx970. I posted this and nothing happened. Its the same with "Age of Conan" dx 10 bugs. Nvidia told, they can not find any faults.

10. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio

If Nvidia works the same as the 2 dudes that told me that i'm just saying bull****, then it's normal that they can't find anything

11. Bl@ck_Thorne

Bl@ck_Thorne Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 3060 TI
    lol it's hilarious that they can't find any fault on the graphical artifact on AC Unity considering there are many videos on youtube that experiencing the same bug.

12. Hyadum

Hyadum Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS Tuf 3080 10GB
    I played AC Unity not too long ago on this 1070 and 376.09-376.60 and while I never experienced crashing, the graphical artifacts were present only during those "server jumps" missions. I had searched on the problem and found that if you roll back to an old driver version (can't remember which one, it is old tho) then the problem would not be present. I didn't bother and just finished those missions as fast as I could. Other missions worked flawlessly.
    Never had a problem with GTA V, probably one of the most stable game I have had, along with Witcher 3.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    ManuelG can't really do anything. He reports issues to the devs. It's up to them to decide what to fix.

14. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Yeah Id probably RMA that card

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Played GTAV on both 980Ti and 1080 on different occasions and different drivers.
    Played Unity on 970 SLI, 980Ti SLI and 1080 on different occasions and different drivers.

Not one crash, ever!

Looks like you might have a problem on your end.

16. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    It's funny how every glitch or crash related to graphics is always Nvidia's fault. Maybe the game is just buggy? In the case of AC quite certainly the game having issues

I wonder how many badly written games the driver's try to fix instead of just getting the game devs to fix their mess..

All that said, I have played plenty GTA V and not once seen that issue.

17. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    Some people can't even distinguish if it's game or driver bug ... OP is a perfect example ...

18. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Since that kind of artifacts only happens on Nvidia and since 347, i'd say YES, it's Nvidia's fault

Played GTA for 9 hours, no crashes since i deactivated Tessellation and PCSS, so 1 of those 2 must be broken on Nvidia's new drivers

19. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i have the 980g1 too and never had any issues with it nor drivers or graphics glitches. In the games mentioned, i finished both games with this card and best experience ever best card i bought in years. Until AMD releases VEGA and nvidia volta..

And yes unity may be broken, but come on the game launched with the 980 so it's 2 years olds now and probably older, so you can revert back to those old drivers, and play it, or just accept it and move on.

20. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

I can confirm this bug, or at least it was still there last year when I played unity with my gtx970. simply downgrading drivers fixes the issue. So if someone is playing that game actively while playing newer games, I bet it's quite a hassle. It only happened during those animus glitches though. really strange they haven't fixed that one yet wow.

GTA on the other hand, never had a single issue with that game.

21. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    Are you kidding me? WHY do i have to accept that they BROKE THE GAME? It's THEIR JOB to fix THEIR OWN ISSUES, for comments like this they don't do their damn job