Leak Of AMD Ryzen CPUs - Detailed - Full Lineup !

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    I can't believe this spoiler lol

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I've been at dozens of these analyst calls (not these specifically but at a large multi-national Semi). Details of architecture design comparisons are never discussed. It's well beyond the scope. It's all about the Ghz (giggle hurts) right? The language doesn't strike me, and you got it at the end, of saying anything specific. It is intentional. I wouldn't infer anything solid from them regarding future product/roadmap and that's they way they like it. I could tell you some stories about the dishonesty/misinformation that goes on. :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  3. dwiewolverine

dwiewolverine Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 Ti SLI
    hope it's real competitive cpu...:)

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I really hope they get the pricing right. It's okay if there are enthusiast variations of the 8 core/16 thread that cost more, since their target audience is the extreme clocker, but for mainstread the standard 8 core/16 thread CPU's need to be very competitively priced. I would think the top mainstream CPU would be slightly less than the i7-7700K, simply because it needs to be an attractive preposition for people. AMD simply cannot equal value/performance with Intel, they need to effectively quash them.

5. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    I think that it should be "Price Point" comparison and not Performance.

6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    its funny, how many people instantly assume its a performance chart,
    and say ryzen is a "bad" cpu (vs intel), only to turn around and then say "its a fake list".

since amd vs intel, how many times was amd actually ahead in performance?
    how many years did they beat intel in price?

the fact that almost all "official" tests we've seen so far point towards "almost as fast.." (as intel), makes me think this is a PRICE based comparison.
    Given amds market is mainly with lower priced machines/customers, this makes completely sense, as its a great way to get ppl to switch, as i get almost same ipc as intel, maybe even with more cores, at lower price.

and exactly what i've been waiting for, as im not willing to shell out 400$ for a (old) 5820,
    even that i've seen some in-store offers around 300ish, i still prefer to either spend less (same cores), or the same and get a 8/16 cpu.

7. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    More like a sneak preview for me. Can't wait for the head to head reviews!

8. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    A lot of speculation going around about Ryzen, here are a couple of things we do know and I personally don't like them. Only has 24 pcie lanes which of course limits your abilty to upgrade your rig, and ddr4 memory is limited to 2400mhz on first generation motherboards. May be able to finagle 3000mhz if you hit the motherboard lottery and know how to squeeze it out of it. This doesn't sound like a hot new Intel "killer" to me. If this is the best it can do it sounds like a death rattle instead of a strong new heartbeat for AMD.

9. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Pricing.......PRICING...........PRICING!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE........!!!!!.!.!.!.!

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Who knows what the X or the other naming conventions mean. It was already officially stated that all the cpus are unlocked.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  12. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i know for a fact the x370 titanium from MSI is supporting ddr4 2667 out of the box...im looking at a pic from their display booth right now. ive heard talk that the zen ES have trouble getting over ~3000ish but that could be entirely mobo related for all we know.

13. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Isn't intels official ddr4 support also capped only 2400 but really go much higher by technically overclocking?
    Even if these only go to 3000mhz that's plenty ram makes negligible first difference in gaming and real world use.

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yes, that is currently the case. Though, vendors are releasing (OC)memory approaching double that...you can already buy 4200 C19, from Corsair for example.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/platform-memory/platform-memory.html

15. Zeka

Zeka Active Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 280
    I fully agree with this.

The rest of the table and "news" does not make any sense considering previous more legitimate articles.
    No one mentioned any 6 core parts, except that there was some confirmation that "it's possible to manufacture". And the fact they comparing 6c/12t to 4/8 intel part, it's just to try to allege that ryzen will not be as fast and to influence amd stock prices which are on the rise at the moment.

finance.yahoo.com/quote/AMD?ltr=1

16. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    DDR4 4200 however does not offer 16GB modules which is minimum requirements for me and 3866 are still damn expensive, especially now when memory modules are going up.

I am probably going for Gskill Trident Z 2x16GB 3200MHz @ CL16 as I managed to find one for about 30% lower price, just thinking about pulling trigger on it during today.

Update:
    Just ordered it as it seems Gskill memory modules are quickly disapearing from local shops: http://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-32gtzko

Now only new Mobo and CPU remains....

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    They sold locked multiplier CPU's as well.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not really interested in following leaks, rumors and presumed "facts" all too closely.
    Until Hibert's review, I'm not really looking for those droids, and will move on ;)