AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.1.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2017.

1. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I don't have any problem with power director. No visual corruption. As i mentioned before, it was a very quick video. I only spent 30 min for the whole editing and processing. I did not use any other program.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    @siriq... I guess the issue is ReLive Recording itself on less than Polaris Tech doesn't work well for me but maybe I'm the only one having the problem with ReLive? Dxtory worked great with far better visual fidelity than ReLive with 20 to 30 frames per second loss. Though it was 1:1 exactly as it looked on my screen per-say. I toned it down from Raw to 50 mega bits and it still looked really nice. I think it was because I had it on CBR, or come to think of it I found a good codec combo and only lost 5-10fps... Still I like ReLive with zero loss is amazing if only the quality was heightened by a whole heck of a lot...

3. DeMonsRO

DeMonsRO Member

GPU:
    2 gb
  4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Relive works fine for me and I'm with GCN 1.0.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Same here. Works just fine on my HD 7850 in my HTPC.

Quite well considering.

6. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    No it don't.
    Try to record some demanding game, that runs like **** (<30FPS) or have stuttering, record for something like 5 minutes.
    Go to the video file, properties, details and look at the framerate of the video :puke2::puke2::puke2:

7. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    If the game runs under 30 fps, you should not play that game without lowering visuals.

Who is the ***** that plays games under 30 fps? Are you kidding me?:infinity::infinity:

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The only things I have recorded are huge (4v4) StarCraft 2 sessions, where the frame rate might drop near the end of the game. I had no issues at all. Keep in mind, I was recording at 1080p30, with a 12mbit bitrate (what is recommended by YouTube basically). I also tried a bit of Deus Ex Mankind Divided, which did work, despite using double vsync and a 30 fps cap from Radeon Pro.

What gave you trouble?

9. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Don't judge too quickly..
    I can play a game at 60fps no problem, and record it at 30FPS
    For some reason if I have a stutter, or a loading screen (usually some loading screens in some games are at 10/20FPS whatever),
    The target file of your entire recording will be 20fps or less, because the loading screen, because AMD Relive records with constant framerate, so if for some reason, not matter what, if your framerate counter will drop to 17fps during more than 2 or 3 seconds, the entire video will be set to 17fps, no matter if you had 60FPS the rest of the entire video. That's why I told PRMinisterGR that, that's a way to trigger that problem :(

@PrMinisterGR Read above
    Because in any other recorder, if for some reason I have a drop on FPS, the framerate of the video, will continue at 60fps, no matter even if the game did ran at 40fps during 1 minute (inconsistency on the video will appear only during 1 minute), as for relive, the entire video will be 40fps.

Apart from that, relive is nice, performance impact is very very low, but the way that relive records, it's almost out of the question for me, I always thought relive would be a good alternative of shadowplay, but with that problem just kills it for me..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  10. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    Maybe 17.1.2 fixes general video corruption of relive recording. I found i'd record thinking all was well for 5 minutes, to just find the video was so Ghandified that it was insta-trash worthy. Only like 1 out of 100 videos would come out clear and that was super rare... I found setting manual 1080 in stead of "In game Res" fixed it a bit but it's hit or miss...

As far as memory clocks goes, even single GPU configs have the memory clock issue... throw it under an ultra light 1080p dxva load and it thinks it's running 4k ultra... Cranks memory clocks out to full tilt and sucks down 60 to 70 watts... it goes up down up down up down... 5 watts to 75 watts to 5 watts to 75 watts consumption as temps rise... All for a stupid 1080p dxva movie...

I did fix the issue but fixing it locks the memory at low speed... which is continuous 5 watts load and extra low idle temps below 29 degrees Celsius. This is on RX 460 Polaris 11/ 390X/ 380X... All the cards have the issue although the RX 460 is consuming less than 390X obviously but still consuming 4-5X more power than it needs to during 1080p dxva...

You can lock the memory clock via bios and fix the issue... but you can't go play a game at the same time... So you have to flash back for a game... There's a timing sensitivity issue with dynamic clock switching... and make the clock more intelligent to know what type of load is it under... DXVA or D3D/Vulkan/ Mantle etc... It's a very primitive dynamic clock switch algorithm that needs to be Retrofitted badly.

AMD should design a fresh new high-tech intelligent dynamic load detection analysis system. Which it can know the difference between different types of load to save peak power while on desktop/ youtube/ dxva etc. Meaning continuous minimum core & memory clock while on desktop under heavy non-3d usage... Then intelligently know when a 3d rendering game or application of some kind is triggered by all API's it should know about that are present today in 2017. So once it intelligently detects the presence of the load of the API, the card can go to peak potential to let the GPU Sing and FPS Soar... :nerd: :):bed:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017

11. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Erm, did you actually read the reddit thread? That is the clock bug which happens only on multi-monitor setups and it has already been fixed, in this very driver...

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Its not fixed yet for a lot of people.

13. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    This driver was a disaster for me, Radeon Additional Settings don't work, and also when I try to set my stable OC with AB I get back screen immediately. Going back to 16.10.1 where everything works perfectly.

14. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I OC RX 480 with MSI AB but so far so good. I haven't touched the wattman. I guess that's why.

p.s.: i don't have any memory clock bug. With nvidia i had a lot recently .

15. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I have just played a bit of RE7 and shadow cache option on. GPU @ 1400 MHz. Giving absolutely amazing performance. Most of the time stays at 130-140 fps zone. Will do a quick video later if i got time.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    It solves UVD clock error With some GCN GPUs:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
    "KMD_MaxUVDSessions"=dword:00000020
    "DalAllowDirectMemoryAccessTrig"=dword:00000001

THX goes to Wolf2079 from Spain :thumbup:

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That RX480 is still with you? Did you keept it to yourself? :D

18. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Nope, just haven't had time to test it and the weather was too cold. In this room, where i use the card , i got extremely low temps :D

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The thing is, while loading, SC2 gets to 1-2 fps, but the final videos have no issues at all for me.

20. Starks

Starks Guest

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
    My p-state is stuck at the lowest. Guess it's time to DDU.