Ghost Recon Wildlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I don't work for Ubisoft.

I've a 980-Ti and enjoy playing Ghost at 4K at 40-55FPS almost maxed out everywhere except shadow on High not very high. I've no stutter, nothing.

There's no other game on the market who allow to get Crysis-level vegetation, large landscape, NPCs, vehicles, Day/Night cycles, weather.

The closest "competitor" to this experience is GTA-Online, but GTA graphics are clearly below and the Shooting is a joke compared to Ghost.

Making a corridor looking wonderful is easy as hell. Making a freaking landscape looking wonderful with Day/Night cycle, weathers, NPCs, vehicles, multiplayer is another story.

The two details i feel could have been better is the character models which looks worse than The Division, and their animations routine which could have been more elegant.
    As for the animations i can see a couple reasons for the current way it's working, in shooters the responsiveness of movements is a key elements and the purpose of the game is to allow some fast-paced first person shooting.
    I guess they narrowed down the elegant animations transitioning you usually expect from Third person exclusive games, for a better first person shooting experience.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Tell whats ur secret man...

I cant run this crap @60fps even with high detail in 3440x1440 (HBAO+ off and SLI disable because it sucks without a good profile) and i have any problems with all of the other games in my library.รน

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Have you tried with SLI off? The first thing to try is without SLI, which strictly depends on Nvidia driver engineer department to work properly.
    I'm serious about this, you can even find Nvidia engineers comment on the internet, for SLI to work properly they have to develop solutions for each engine workload. Each game engine, especially of major Studios and developed to answer specific challenges. Nvidia has to develop the SLI code for this engine workload challenges.

I'm surprised my 980-Ti can runs this game at 4K this properly with such little compromises.

4. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Yep, With SLi off stuttering is reduced but performance is always horrible.

Maybe you have a different driver version installed in ur system. I've the latest WHQL.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I've the latest driver Hotfix 378.57

6. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    378.49 here...Time for another test than, but i dont expect any change

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    One persons idea of 'acceptable' performance is not necessarily another's. I've heard many people tell me things 'run fine' only to discover that our respective ideas of 'running fine' are not in the same county (and I'm not casting aspersions on anyone's opinion here, it may well run acceptably for some, more power to them).

I've tried this on 3 separate machines, SLI on/off, Vsync On/Off/Forced through CP, all presets and it runs like crap, the general consensus around the web is that it runs very badly

Yeah, it looks nice, I can't argue with that, but unfortunately that is not the basis for a great game (at least not in my book).

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Does any other developer/publisher release so many beta/alpha releases though?

These days demos are rare or console exclusive, so it's brave/stupid to have the majority of their games with private and public alpha/beta releases.

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I will give them major props for transparency and more so than most other AAA publishers.

It just needs more time is all.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I ran that benchmark above with 376.09 driver, but yeah turn off vsync..

11. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    its absolute crap this game from game mechanics to the 3 douchebags that are running with you not doing **** ! its just another just cause or far cry or any other of those bull**** games we've already seen this is just the same but in a diffrent coat ! downgraded indeed ! glad i tested the beta cause man i wouldve been very pissed ! not to mention even with the downgrade/not even the whole ****ing map is included the game runs terrible ! i should be getting an easy 60fps on high settings while it can barely even hold 30 with vsync off LOL ! sry but ubisoft needs to burn and i shall not hide my salty opinion ! BAh ! now where is that puke emote ? :puke2::puke2::puke2::puke2::puke2::puke2: oh here is a video btw of me going under the map while out of bounds showing the rest of the map is incomplete and beeing killed by a train that is riding on invisible tracks... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-6UOIUTfu4

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That is why the beta feedback is important.

Personally i think it's commendable, but stupid to be so transparent, but utterly they are clearly making an attempt to improve things, so who knows....

13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

I don't know a lot of people that rush on the internet to say how great a game is running. Slightly happens with DOOM, but otherwise you get complainers everywhere. And to be clear, corridor games are the easiest game in the world to optimize.

And complainers yell loud and all over the place thanks to internet. People with 200$ graphic cards calling out 'Downgrade' when they've never had a chance to run the game at promo video settings in the first place.

Companies try to break new ground: Star Citizen, they get called 'Scam' all over internet. Companies make stable game for everyone, it's called Downgraded.

I'm really pissed at how underappreciated the complexity of making a enjoyable PC game for a hugely segmented market is. If you want consistent performance get a platform that it's easy to optimize for, it's called a console. I haven't heard any bad feedback involving console performance. Otherwise try to at least to appreciate how complex it is to make a game for freaking thousands of hardware combination possible that has to handle NPCs, Physic, Huge Landscape with vegetation. Who knows, there's been no driver release for Ghost Recon yet, it might all be on Nvidia faulty drivers, who knows.

This pessimistic, flaming atmosphere generated by those who yell the loudest over the internet is really the worst part of PC gaming releases.

Put every settings to low: there's stutter and you've a recommanded NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 and a 2.5Ghz i5? Blame Ubisoft all you want.

But to think that because you spent hard earned money on an expensive graphic card should gives you the right to max out everything and get 60FPS is just a completely flawed logic. What if the GPU that allow to max out this game isn't out yet?

As far as i know, there's no recommended settings to max out every single settings. I'm pretty sure that playing with the options you can find a sweet spot that you like, and that's what i like about PC gaming, tweaking for what i like.

I don't even like this game that much, i have not bought it, i don't intend to buy it, but i've played it for free, i had fun, it looks great, played well, had fun with some physic bug and collisions, driving motorcycle over mountains, using a drone to spot people, playing with mic. with some random people using chopper cars etc..., and i'm grateful that i was able to enjoy those couple hours for free.

14. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Sure, but in the light of what has been reported by the players, I really hope They will make every effort to fix the game until the final release (and They dont have so much time).

Sadly the history of this company has taught us to be suspicious in such cases.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Even though it looks rather disappointing, I wish I would've know about the beta event before hand. So I could've gotten into it.

Oh well, seems this game will go in my "when it's on sale" list.

16. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    fixed the stutter turned vsync to fast in the control panel...

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Good to know. I just wish I had gotten to try the game out! By the time an invite actually registered in uplay (thanks to whoever that was that invited me) I started the downloading. It took hours and now it is sleepy time for me. Helping some people move a few hours away all day tomorrow so no time to try the beta. I'll cross my fingers for the open beta I suppose!

18. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    weird..fix you have there, technically doesn't have to do unless you have most of the times big numbers of fps beyond monitor's refresh rate, simple as that, but weird stuff happens all the time last years so..

19. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    This doesnt fix anything to me

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It fixed it here too, ingame or driver vsync stuttered, fast sync doesnt. Vsync off is also ok.