Nvidia Prevents Reselling Bundled Games By Forcing GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    Then your free games are´nt free :infinity: they sells your personal info :banana: hahah

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Boneless

Boneless Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    Hello HH!

Could you please benchmark a few big games like GTA 5, The Witcher 3, The Division running on a system with GFE enabled VS no-GFE and all the telemetry disabled?

That would be awesome cause right now I use GFE and maybe its better to uninstall it like many of you guys!

PS: I don't care about privacy stuff, cause its 2017 and the Internet Gods (NSA, CIA, DEA, FBI, (insert 3 letters agencies here!)...) knows what we are doing already

:)

3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Man that guy is one greedy as Mofo! Owner of Nvidia.Anything for a buck I guess?

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It's no different than console bundles that label the games that come with them " NOT FOR RESALE " in big red letters! My Destiny PS4 and even older gen systems did this. Heck I remember the SONIC games that came bundled with the Genesis did this!

Just this is the digital version of NOT FOR RESALE. But what I think should be done is just registering the game on Nvidias website and then the key is locked, can't be used by anybody else for any reason. Instead of forcing Geforce Experience. Not that I myself mind Experience, I don't. I have enough ram, and use a Shield TV.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Seem that it is not everywhere, a friend get the code with his GTX1080 but it is a Uplay code and it work perfect on his son's PC with a RX470.

But yes GEforce experience is a crap (hopefully we don't have it on quadro :) )

6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    for me it is: all of these agencies are in the foe side (or it is me that is in their foe side :) ).

7. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Not for resale is there to prevent businesses from gutting copies and selling them separately. Any company that isn't completely delusional realizes they aren't going to be able to police the sale of physical goods by individuals or they'll fail abysmally if they try.

Here's hoping a lot of keys go to waste and they lose money as a result. It's what they deserve for trying to funnel people through GFE.

8. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Nice. Now I have some ideas for the next steps into making our world "greener"
    Mandatory GFE installation in order to get the card recognized and used by Windows.
    Mandatory driver downloads through GFE and only from GFE.
    Mandatory GFE social profile with country, zip code, police ID number, yearly income and occupation, family status, age, real name and in future mandatory bio-metric data (fingerprints through an Nvidia app on phones).
    More exclusive games to Nvidia hardware.
    In future make GFE a gaming platform a la Steam and further lock users inside them.
    Please Nvidia hire me I have great ideas

Jokes aside Nvidia needs to stop finding ways to lock people inside GFE or force them indirectly to use it.

9. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    While I completely disagree with such tactics, and do not justify Nvidia in any way, for all those AMD-fanboys crying how everyone should flock to AMD... can you please shut up?

It is nonsense to choose a card based on bundled games.

10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Here's what I don't get - why does Nvidia care what you do with the games? Whether you already own them or just simply don't want them, I don't see the problem in giving the key to someone else. For many people, they buy these GPUs regardless of the game deal in the first place. If anything, I would think Nvidia would encourage people to give away these games. If different games came with different products, people could intentionally buy Nvidia products and trade games. Or, maybe someone is given a game that runs crappy on their PC; since the game that was given to them was bought by someone who chose Nvidia, chances are, that same person will go for the same brand.

But, like typical Nvidia fashion, they decide to do things their own way whether people agree with it or not. Normally this is passable behavior for Nvidia since whoever/whatever they're competing against can't really do anything about it, but AMD is a lot more lenient about their free games.

You heard of ReactOS, and yet you aren't aware of Linux? Are you not aware that the vast majority of the Windows binary compatibility in ReactOS comes from wine (a Linux program)? Are you not aware there are thousands of Linux-compatible products on Steam (with a lot more to come, since SteamVR should be accessible pretty soon)?

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I smell lawsuits up to wazoo because of invasion of people's privacy. Also what is Nvidia going to if they find out that someone sold their game codes to someone else? To me they can't do anything legally.

12. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    I have previously posted similar privacy concerns on the official Nvidia forums, but the only attention they seem to get is from the deluded fanboys who seem oblivious to where the small things lead.

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get us.

13. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    People employed at NV are called nvidiots....

14. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    They are not idiots, it is just forced business, politics like a Microsh$t

15. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    abandon green ship, faster the better

16. Reqruiz

Reqruiz Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Yet another reason to not stick with Nvidia anymore. Sad part is that people still gonna buy these overpriced cards and use that GFE ecosystem and nobody would give a damn as nobody give a damn about Facebook, Google or Microsoft policy.

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm not surprised. I like to think of the situation like this:
    When you insult AMD fans, it's kind of like insulting their mother - she's far from perfect and at times might be really annoying, but you insult her and now it's personal.
    But when it comes to Nvidia fans, it's kind of like insulting a patriot's country. When you insult one, you're insulting all of them.

In the end the outcome is very similar but if you pay close attention, AMD fans are more protective of their decision for their rig while Nvidia fans are more protective of the company's decisions. I'm guessing this is because AMD is a (relatively speaking) friendly and open company, but not a successful one, while Nvidia is a pretty greedy and shady company but a very successful one. Nobody feels bad for supporting AMD, but they need to justify their purchase, meanwhile people might feel a little guilty supporting Nvidia, but at least they know they have a better product.

EDIT:
    As for Intel, I suppose insulting their fans is kind of like an athiest preaching that God isn't real in a filled church - regardless of how right or wrong you may be, you are outnumbered and you have no chance of convincing anyone of anything you have to say.

18. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Told´ya, the less bloatware the better.

19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    They copy the same policy as M$$$:
    Mining data from users,for security and money reason.You play peacefully,they mining your computer data.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Avoid bundles, and buy the game on Steam during a sale? (or whatever platform it's bound to)