Nvidia Geforce 378.57 Hot Fix Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Groovy-Music, Feb 1, 2017.

1. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Also getting out of range message from monitor on some reboots, it happens after the screen of 4 blue windows of win10, when I get ready to enter my login password for windows. Monitor just displays "Out of Range!". The only way then to get monitor back is to reset or shutdown then power on again. I'm using pc in sig and BenQ 144Hz monitor with DP cable.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. ckleuser

ckleuser Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Not working, stay away. Even GPGPU programs are broken.

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    We have very similar configurations ( GTX 1070 + UHD 4K 60Hz Smart TVs hooked via HDMI 2.0 ) with the same bugs , please file a report to nvidia so that it can get fix asap, here: http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6 , and if you can please post your problem report in the nvidia forum , here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-driver-feedback-thread-released-1-24-16-/30/.

We are not alone on this issue , they are plenty of information on the whole web about this nvidia bugs with many people having the same issues but unless is reported directly to nvidia nothing will be done. Nvidia needs to have better support for HDMI 2.0 connections to UHD 4K 60Hz Smart TVs on their drivers. It is not the displays problems , i have seen reports of this issue in all brands of UHD 4K Smart TVs , be it Vizio , Sony , LG , Samsung etc...

Let's hope we get the attention of nvidia reps ( Manuel Guzman ) and get this information to the driver team asap.

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I have my old AMD HD7970 (280x equivalent), I could take out my GTX 1070 and install that and test and see if the issue persists, but I doubt it. I'll report it to nVidia later today. Thank you for bringing it up.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I have that same problem with my 1080p TV. For some reason my monitor works but this happens with my TV. I've had it even with my 780. My ps4 and tv box don't have that flicker issue and I swapped HDMI cables and it didn't help wtf.

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    :( oh , sad to hear you are affected too by this bug , please report it. I was using an AMD 290x on this same 4K TV and never had a single problem , the problems started happening as soon as i installed my new Nvidia GTX 1070. I just got the black screen / lost signal / flickering bug hapenned while typing this reply , now even on old drivers it is still happening :/

7. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I had something kind of similar happen when I switched from DP to HDMI for 3840x2160 60Hz. My monitor would lose signal and go completely black sometimes when refresh rate/resolution was switched or when tabbing in/out of a fullscreen game. I had to turn my monitor off and back on in order to get an image again.

I went through 3 HDMI cables until it stopped, so I thought it was the cable. Then I reinstalled W10 and it started happening again, despite still using the same cable that I thought was "good". In the end it randomly stopped happening again, it's been months now since it stopped. Very weird, I'm still not sure if it was something related to the connection, or software, or what, but I'm glad it stopped.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Probably fixable by CRU then.

Delete HDMI extension blocks and try it.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah that's how e.g. Metro physx worked, but at lower performance (~5-7fps lower by min and avg), so its basically pointless..

I'll just continue to use 376.09 until they fix this mess.

10. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    not any better:
    [​IMG]

before both GPU-Z and fluidmark would detect physX but fluidmark would still run off the cpu but now both doesn't detect physX:
    [​IMG]

so yeah rolling back, after i export/import the RE7 game profile to see if it makes a difference playing the demo . . :nerd:

11. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    In the division flicker since the 378 driver. The 376 all ok. Fix it NVIDIA.

12. Niopretas

Niopretas New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hi everybody,
    it is rare for me to have a serious problem with a nvidia driver but now, it is the case. I use win 10 64 Bit with a GTX 1060 6GB.
    With the 376.xx drivers, i dont have problems, but i cant install this or the previuos driver of the 378 branch. The installation works (the setup tells it...) but i cannot access the control panel nore does the resolution change to the correct 1920x1080x144Hz..
    The device manager says error code 43..
    Whats wrong? It is a bug?
    I use DDU in the newest version... never had any problems like this. It has to be the driver, or?

13. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    The list of issues keeps growing, can we agree that 378.49 and this set are the worst drivers released in years?

This looks like too much for Nvidia to fix properly and soon, so I think I'm going to stay on 376.60 for a while.

14. Niopretas

Niopretas New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hmm, yes.. Looks bad. I will go back, too. Hope for a better version later this month..

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They had a driver during windows 10's launch that caused a BSOD if you moved the mouse. The only driver worse than that was with the fan bug lol.

16. benjamin

benjamin Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte1060 oc
    Since owning a GTX 1060 the only Driver to really stop The Men In White Coats from taking me away are the 376 and they were not without faults and these couple off 378 have give me low GPU usage flickers in GTA the Witcher and 3D Mark and a lot of strange **** that I don't care for my monitor to show me! like most of you a new driver or a hot fix I mostly enjoy, re-testing benchmarks, try the games to see the improvements and fixes I normally enjoy but these last few drivers and especially this last 378.49 are about as much fun as an Intel GPU!, could anyone let me know what they have found to be the best most stable driver for them with Pascal, cheers an all the best.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

reminds me of old R275 & R28x.xx , especially R28x.xx those were some ****ty drivers.

Guess history repeats itself

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Wait what? All my PhysX titles work fine. Turning this compute setting ON only reduced performance about 10%. This isn't for games or PhysX.

19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Compute settings should be turned off unless are you using CUDA based application like is rendering, Folding@home, SETI etc

Regarding drivers, tried them and after few TDR went back to 373.06,looks like I will be staying with 373.06 for bit longer

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

20. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    question guys ... I dual boot windows 7 and 10 for various reasons (so don't ask me to "upgrade" I already have the best 2 OSs lol).

has anyone noticed in windows 7 there is no longer 1080p youtube videos in internet explorer 11? I just noticed this recently on all my computers NVidia and amd and not sure what's going on because I have never noticed this and it must have happened recently maybe the December 2016 windows 7 rollup? not sure. i have all in one runtimes installed, the latest flash, not sure if i have to configure html 5 instead of that or what. youtube tells me to use windows 8.1 or firefox >_> but I would rather just know a fix for IE11. and I have 1080p in IE11 in windows 10 on all machines, only goes up to 720p in windows 7 though. :( any ideas/solutions please?

p.s. thnx for another gpu update. I'm cool to just install the hotfix by itself after a ddu cleanup right? cuz that's what I do and I've never had any problems. (and no that's not why I have 720p in win 7 IE11 youtube lol. last driver was whql by itself and it was still a problem)

p.p.s remember to update your ddu y'all (if that's your thing, like me). 17.0.5.2 atm.