ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. highroller

highroller Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEON® Xpress1150
    Can you post the link/file of the driver that Dch48 sent you? If it's a thread, post the link of the thread.

Edited: I found your thread. I don't think it's as fully tested as the driver in this thread, so I will stick to this driver.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. sajosh

sajosh Guest

Hi Dellon132 and others,

Thank you for developing, upgrading and sharing your driver.

For me, it's stopped video_tdr_failure crashes and reboots. (This was happening with amd's 2013, and 2012 drivers. Newer drivers 2015 and 2016 only displayed low (basic) resolution.)

However, I'm still getting artifacts across the desktop. They appear as 3 millimeter squares, yellow on white areas or blue on black areas, all over the screen. It mostly looks like a checkerboard pattern that's slightly randomized. This appears occasionally not consistently.

It doesn't crash my computer but it shows up then disappears then cycles again.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to solve this?

I've heard this could be a hardware problem perhaps with Video Ram or VRM or power supply. What do you think? Is there anyway to determine which?

Your driver version shows as 14.200.0.1 dated June 6, 2014. Is this the most current version?

My computer is a Dell XPS 435MT, Intel I7 920, 4x1Gb ddr3 1333mhz, ati radeon HD 4850, Win 10 (unfortunately).

My gpu and core1 and core2 are at 40 degrees celcius while cpu is at 60.

GPU-Z shows GPU Core Clock at 160mhz, Memory clock at 250mhz, memory usage at 159mb (of 512mb) and VDDC at 1.046v.

I've deleted AMD External Events Manager service. And don't have Catalyst installed. Your driver was installed after cleaning all prior drivers using DDU and manually removing registry entries and AMD's Catalyst Cleaner.

I've been bugged with crashes since Aug 2015 after Win10 Tech Preview did some update. Win10 from beginning to aug 2015 was fine. Perhaps I should go back to Win8.

I'm not even gaming on this computer, just business apps like charting and math.

Win10 was clean installed a month ago to solve the problem. Since then I've tried a dozen combinations of drivers and cleaning them. But is it possible that there are still stray files copied by windows that's conflicting with this driver? Should I clean install Win10 again? Should I go back to Win8.1?

Could the checkerboard be DirectX 12 related?

Any ideas or solutions?

Regards

3. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    There is your problem right there. This driver was never meant for Windows 10. It works best on Windows 7 and 8.1. Dellon132 has not been on the forums since late 2014, 7 months before Windows 10 was released.

4. sajosh

sajosh Guest

Hi Tree Dude,

Thanks for letting me know that Dellon132 hasn't been on for so long and that these drivers aren't for Win10.

Do you know why the download links on the first page are labeled "ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA" but the driver version is 14.200.0.1 dated June 6, 2014. Is this the most current version?

To respond to you, I re-read some of the prior posts (page 148) where they discussed win10. From their discussion, I found FLEM and read that website and guide.

It seems I can make my own, more current, driver with FLEM, right?

Has anyone made one for ATI Radeon HD 4850 on win10?

Should I use AMD's 16.9.2 or 16.2.1 as the new base and Dellon132's as the legacy? Or should I use AMD's 13.1?

Regards

5. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    My guess is Windows may have replaced the driver from Windows Update and that is why you see a newer version

Honestly you may be better off downgrading to Windows 7 and using this driver. Either that or buying a newer card. FLEM really does not work all that well and you are going to spend a ton of time and energy trying to get this working with Windows 10.

6. sajosh

sajosh Guest

I've turned off Win Update from services.msc.

Last night I tried a friends Nvidia 9800 GT which is almost identical to mine so no power mismatch. Yet there was terrible artifacting and text in 1280x1024 was even worse than mine. It artifacts in bios or dos too. This is all intermittently.

The pattern seems to be ... win10 runs for a while. then something gets clobbered and checkerboard blocks appear, then BSOD. Then bios and dos will also have artifacts like vertical lines or squiggles or evenly spaced dots all over.

hhmm very strange. any ideas?

7. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    So I lurked through the whole forum trying to find the best modded legacy drivers for my 4870 before I switch(hopefuly) to a Vega card.

I tried kev's 11.12 modded driver but it was a bit buggy in playing YouTube videos and I had negative performance gains with some games like DotA 2, the same can be said about dellon's driver.

What is the last go-to modded driver for the 4xxx series?

Also, I want to thank everyone who tried to fix these damned ATI/AMD drivers that AMD never really got to fix. You guys truely rock!:banana:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  8. Cosmoufle

Cosmoufle Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 5450
    :) Try Catalyst 16.2.1 UnifL http://leshcatlabs.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=1176

9. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    TeraScale (hd 4xxx/5xxx/6xxx) is unable to hardware accelerate video/streams at 1080p 60fps, if this is the case when you have problems (either it will play them at something like 8-10 fps or just freeze the video (you will have sound even if it freezes the video)).
    Only way for 1080p 60fps in Vista or newer is to disable gpu hardware acceleration and this is only viable if the cpu is capable to handle it (doesn't really work with older cpu). I had some sort of success with flash @1080p60fps and gpu hardware acceleration in Win XP (was something like 25-30 fps).

Regarding Dota 2 I prefer to run it with
    Code:
    -32bit
    . You can add -dx9 but it will probably do nothing, it should be running in dx9 anyway cause your gpu don't have dx11.

If you have 4870 X2 or trying to run a crossfire with 2 4870 well there isn't much that can help you. Crossfire has issues even with gpus that are supported by current drivers... See if you can run it on a single 4870... Alternative get the "atiapfxx.blb" from the latest amd drivers (16.12.2) and replace the one installed by your drivers and pray that it will change something (to be honest I saw no change when I did this...).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  10. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Qadro M400M
    Hello yes there is a Problem to find a good working drives for Switschable GPU. I head the same Problem. The latest good working Driver for me was an previous build form ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU from dellon. I dont know which Version.
    But if you need the driver version i can look at home. On my Notebook Konfiguration only this driver work properly with Windows 10.
    Switching working with Windows 10 on my configuration !! AMD and AMD !! (AMD switchable 4250+6630M)!

I hope that anyone can revive dellons (Thank you Dellon) good work.
    With all newer Drives switching does not work.
    Maybe anyone can modifi this Driver: (LINK: http://leshcatlabs.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=1176)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017

11. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    Nope, doesn't work.

12. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    Geuss you're right. There is no real fix to choppy videos then.

-32 bit made almost no difference for me :/

Yeah, I've got a single GPU.
    Well here's hoping Vega will have a good value card for me to choose from, when ever it comes.:sleep:

13. yamilife

yamilife Guest

GPU:
    Intel Iris
    I'm trying to upgrade an old HP notebook to Windows 10. The problem is that this model uses ATI PowerXpress, It has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 IGP and an AMD Radeon HD 6530M and for the life of me I can't find a driver that works, and allows for switching.

All that I found always leave the 6530 with full GPU usage, therefore making this already hot Notebook even hotter.

Any suggestion?

14. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    If you plan to keep that old C2D for a while then don't wait just buy a $100 RX 460 and be done with it. You'll gain all the support you need at a pretty low cost. Just don't expect your FPS in games to go up much as you are bottlenecked at the CPU pretty badly (I had a C2Q paired with my 270X for a while so I know the pain).

15. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    I own an XFX DD RX 460 4GB and it's not bad, I can play 2560x1440 on the thing really nice nearly 60fps. Some games like Unreal Engine can do 4k no problem. I did mod my card and it has Unlocked Shader Cores from 896 to 1024... Made it a very nice card that uses only 40 Watts at 1,250Mhz Core, 1,797Mhz Ram. Even know it now has 16 ROPs and 64 TMUs with 115GB/s 128 bit ram... It's faster than R7 370 4GB with 32 ROPs and 64 TMUs.

If anyone is having IGPU driver issues, I can make you a driver that will work... Let me know. I just need the full Dev ID of both GPU(s) to write a new driver .inf to install properly.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017

16. Martin Navrátil

Martin Navrátil Guest

GPU:
    AMD Mobility Radeon
    Hi guyz
    ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA worked Windows 10 1709 Fall Creator Update or HP Pavilion dv-6 3060ec laptop-Switchable graphics Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4200 and Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5470.
    THX man!!!

Install driver device manager-restart ntb-install CCC ;)

PS: Srry my english :D

https://imgur.com/a/FrAhh

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  17. PrzemoVi

PrzemoVi Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1050 strix
    Works perfectly for FireGL V5250 in my lenovo Thingpad T60p

Resoultion scaling fix:
    1. Change windows resolution to lower than native
    2. Apply scaling in catalyst control center
    3. Change windows resolution to native

Now resolution scaling in games should work.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  18. TestTest23

TestTest23 Guest

GPU:
    X1600
    Hello,

the download link on first page doesn't work. Can someone provide a functional download link?

Thank you.
    TestTest

19. westyles

westyles Guest

GPU:
    970gtx
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    fromhell154 likes this.
  20. Barkuti

Barkuti Guest

GPU:
    X1600
    Hello! :) Looong time without lurking around here LoL.
    I've recently set up working my old HP nx9420 laptop with Windows 10 (x1600 MXM graphics inside with a stock "FireGL V5200" v8.593.100.0 driver right now). No Catalyst Control Center or any other thing, it already was a @#$% just to make it work with the driver due to installation BSODs. I thought I'd need something else to use the VGA output in the laptop, and so I arrived here.
    The file linked by westyles downloads fine, but VirusTotal gives out a pretty bad analysis of it. In fact it's the worsest looking analysis :eek: I've ever seen, although I'd like to ask just in case…

Edit.-
    WinRAR archiver couldn't open the file to take a look at it. It's trash.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022