AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.1.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Trash grammar. Your gona dei soon.

2. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Was trying to install and some how ended up with 16.5 :( damn windows

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    you are very wrong here, msi afterburner is compatible with ANY video card

I have never had any problems with other brands being used with it

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'm afraid that I no longer care, sorry. It is absolutely not fun to get endless blame because of AMD driver related issues so I no longer comment anything related to infamous 2xx/3xx clocking issues. If you prefer to believe that it is possible to solve it via "adapting" AB and all other third party tools - let it be so.

5. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    17.1.2 breaks WoW.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im actually started reporting his posts, guy is getting on my nerves lately with his hate. I hope goes nvidia already we got rid if him.

Anyway, played some RE last night. No problems. I also did some Witcher 3 no nonsense wattman crashes like i had with 17.1.1.

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Perfcomance in Path Of Exile is a little better for me with 17.1.2...thats good because i'm playing a lot of PoE lately..

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Can't believe that this is the 4th driver in a row, with Wattman broken for the 300 series.
    At leats they could remove wattman and the new OC system, so we could use AB just like before.

9. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    What actually is problem with 200 and 300 series ? I use AB for my friends 390 and haven't ever even touched wattman for him. AB seems to work just fine for that card.

10. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Decided to take a risk and try these, after getting ~95C temps while gaming due to Wattman failing to activate the fan in Relive 16.12.1 and 16.12.2, resulting in me going back to 16.11.5s until this morning.

Uninstalled 16.11.5s, used latest DDU in safe mode, rebooted to install 17.1.2s and a Win10 driver I never knew existed for my BenQ XL2730Z monitor. I kept Trixx 6.30 installed (with my aggressive fan profile of 100% at ~85C).

Worrying start, first reboot after install would not boot to Windows, second one did but I had severe flickering on Windows Desktop and some in Rocket league. This remained even after opening The Relive Control Panel and changing Power limit back to 0% in Trixx.

Rebooted again and for now, all seems to work now, no flickering and Trixx fan profile seems to work. However, I have not opened Wattman (either Global or game specific).

11. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    I have the issue too on my r9 390 nitro with relive drivers:stuck memory clocks on 1500MHZ, no overclock sensed by AB and neither gpuz. 16.11.5 has no issues of the kind.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Surely you don't need Xfire for RE7, as im getting 112+fps on a Fury, maxed out at 1440p, and im still on the old 16.3 hotfixes.

13. tagaxxl

tagaxxl Guest

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    It will be nice to play Resident Evil 7 4k 60 fps with my r9 295x2

14. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Cleaned old drivers and upgraded.

All seemed good for the first couple of hours (tested DOOM, Fallout 4, RE7). Then tried to play Skyrim SE. Started great...5 minutes in...stuttering and temps go to the 90s.

Check clocks...stuck on 1500. This on a Sapphire 390X. :realmad:

Back to 16.11.5. All back to normal for the rest of the night.

15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Sorry @Chastity, @Octopuss and @Undying for my attitude and tiring comments, peace out.

Well gaming wise, these drivers seems far better than OK, for example RE7 maxed out @2560x1080 and also extra upscaled x1.3 is so butterly smooth.

Also the best solution I found that is for most of my problems: just do not install application profiles and relive, only drivers and radeon software. :)

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yup, Peace is Great -> Peace is the Way :thumbup:

:pray2pc:

17. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    I still have hope.

18. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    another fantastic driver roll out by AMD. Now my monitor wont display an option to choose 144hz from the drop down. Anyone else? I've tried installing twice now, both times using DDU, it's fine back on 16.11.5

[​IMG]

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    ^ Well 100hz it's already smoother than 60hz anyway don't be greedy. AMD knows better. Try not installing Relive software and profiles. only basic constructure. Report to RTG the problem. 390 cards are on fire since 16.11.5 :)

20. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    Sorry to hear your products are being blamed so much that you now sound bitter about the whole issue.

I just wanted to say that I think most of us are blaming AMD. For many years now, I've thought of AMD's drivers as "flaky". For many more years, I've trusted your software and always found it to be totally reliable. Many users appreciate your work, and respect you as an authority on the subject.

For every negative post you read, there are probably a hundred happy users that are busy gaming - not flaming.