Resident Evil 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah.
    I've left Textures on Medium, Shadow Cache off, and all other settings at max settings.
    Motion blur off, simply because I dislike it.

And Reflections on Variable as when set to "On" it seems glitched and causes and odd ghosting effect.

It sucks that the game uses video memory as it does. As frame rate is constantly above 60. If it wasn't for the stuttering or hitching, it wouldn't be any issue at all.
    I know with only 4gb I can't max out Texture detail, but when I can run games like DOOM, GTAV and Arkham Knight without video memory issues... it's odd that RE7 is giving me trouble in that aspect.

Also... I finished the game a little while ago (started my second playthrough already) and noticed something I thought was hilarious.
    The narrative designer for RE7 was Richard Pearsey. The guy who wrote both expansions for FEAR.
    So, in RE7, throughout the game and more so in the second half. The player character Ethan (and Mia) are haunted by the hallucinations of a creepy, long haired little girl in a purple dress. Who appears at the end of hallways, runs out of frame and around corners... and is the cause of all the issues happening.

While, in FEAR... you were constantly following a creepy, long haired little girl in a red dress. Who appears at the end of hallways, running around corners and so on.

Am I the only one who finds that a bit funny?
    I knew Richard was a writer on the game before it was released, and was curious how it would turn out mostly because he was a writer on Spec Ops: The Line. But, the similarities between FEAR and one aspect of RE7 are pretty on the nose.

2. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Good to know ....thanks

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Also, play around with the color settings in the graphics menu.

4. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    What's with over 9GB of video memory usage ?
    [​IMG]
    Not that I'm complaining but given the texture quality and overall visual quality of this game, VRAM usage seems very excessive.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I finished this fantastic game over the weekend. Took me 11 hours 57 minutes according to the Stats and I died just once, albeit I played on Easy difficulty and spent a significant amount of time backtracking looking for coins and other items I might have missed.

RE7 is absolutely one of the best game's in the series in my opinion and despite the change of viewpoint from third-person to first-person it still felt like a Resident Evil game through and through. I do not understand how anyone can say otherwise. In fact, this game felt far more like the first game than any other game in the series bar perhaps Code Veronica, which also featured creepy family members.

I felt the game length was just right. There was very little filler except for maybe the last hour of the game when lots of enemies are thrown at you (though it makes sense in the context of the story. Until then, bosses aside, I felt the game had a perfect balance of exploration to combat. I still stand by my comment that combat is the weakest element of this game but it becomes less of an inconvenience as I found more powerful weapons.

The game gets 9/10 from me. :D

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. Apart from one instance where the game literally froze for like 10 seconds coming out of a VHS sequence (I thought the game had crashed but it hadn't) and a couple of instances of mild stuttering while running the game ran perfectly for me and I had no major bugs, glitches or crashes of any kind.

7. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    And by what data you made that decision?

I can bet that this game was cracked so fast because Capcom was lazy and used same executable for retail and demo version or used older version of Denuvo. Similar thing happened with Doom, they used data from demo to emulate Denuvo and bam, retail unlocked. Other games, like newest Deus Ex was cracked, because Linux version does not use Denuvo (or any other since Denuvo does not work on Linux). Usually when someone cracks one version of Denuvo, all games using same version gets cracked as well.

FIFA is not cracked to this day, same as Total War Warhammer, Just Cause 3, F1 2016 and so on.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    DSO reported RE7 was using latest Denuvo anti-tamper tech cracked in less than five days. Kinda useless protection if you ask me.

Resident Evil 7 has third-best week one sales of the series : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-has-third-best-week-one-sales-for-the-series

Shows that actuall good games are selling well.

Either way lets not talk about it anymore. Back to the topic...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  9. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    After restart game nothing change. After 1, 2 minutes I have full V_RAM (8000 MB +/-) and used from 9 to 12 000 MB RAM and FPS drop under 60 if I set higher resolution than 2560x1440. In demo I have max from RAM used 4_4,5 GB and V_ram 4_5 GB not more and game run smooth with 3200x1800 downsampling. I think something is wrong with full version. Maybe some memory leaks or what...

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hell yeah ... I had a good laugh when I saw that headline on torrentfreak.

11. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Tonight I will connect my old TN Samsung 16:9 to play it...
    I hate to play on 21:9 with black bars...
    Why no UW support? :(

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Madhouse difficulty is also unlocked on completing the game on Easy by the way as I also unlocked it over the weekend despite only finishing the game on its easiest difficulty (I wanted to experience the game and story without getting bogged down with enemy and boss combat).

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's still four days of sales though. I suspect publishers look at every day of pirate-free sales as a blessing, especially as it seems like many games get cracked and leaked onto the net before the game even hits the shops.

14. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    I just played a few minutes last night before go to bed .... i can't stand with the texture quality i just awful. Any recommended NVIDIA Inspector setting to improve quality ?

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Looked to be shaking in SLi.

Don't know why anyone wants SLi/Xfire in it, as it runs fine on a single card, i get 112+ maxed out on a single Fury @1440p with the Shadow Cache off, with it on, i get 120+, but stutters and pauses, as don't have enough vram to have that on.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017

16. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Textures are not bad all the time but AA and in game DOF blur image too much. Try reshade with lumasharpen and do not use max AA (TAA+FXAA) . TAA with lumasharpem from reshade works fine and I also turn off DOF.

17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Really on the fence about buying this purely because of how short it is, but it sure does look like one heck of a ride.

18. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Why they decided to make the starting outsode area and car you drive in look look a vaseline smeared farcry 2 on low settings rendered at 320p is beyond me.

I have it running at 4k all maxed with hdr on on my new 4k hdr tv, and that scene made me wonder if there was something wrong with my eyes. Even turning off chromatic, dof, aa and motion blur, it did almost nothing to make it look better.

Then all of a sudden you go inside and the game looks almost as good as Metro Last Light.

Why would they make your first impression one that looks like a worse version of a game from 9 years ago. There was nothing stylistically strikingly retro about it, it just looked dumb.

Hopefully the game gets better but so far it seems like an inconsistant low budget adventure game. I knew it would be first person, and I knew there would be exploration, I just didn't realise it would be at the default speed of a jeriatric with osteperosis maybe I can upgrade my character to have 20/20 vision if I collect all the hidden trophies or something, or craft my character a second shoe, or find an energy drink so I don't open and interact with objects at 1/8th of how fast it would take in real life.

I think the true horror of this game will be hownunnecessary drawn out it is....and from what I've heard that won't apply to game length.

19. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Yeah that's strange.

20. pistol44

pistol44 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti (FE)
    Wow, seeing people finishing this game in 6hrs makes me wonder if their playing the game for the experience and enjoyment or just to say they finished it.

I'm about 6.5hrs on normal difficulty and have no problem admitting I've only just defeated Mother. I'm a big time explorer and explored every nook and cranny of that house. And I think I'm enjoying it way too much to just rush though it. I also died fighting the father about a dozen times including all encounters. Mia killed me a couple times, mother a few times and those monsters in the basement a few times.

At my pace I'm guess I'll be done sometime after 20hrs or more. Personally feeling like I really got my money's worth on this game.