Nvidia Geforce 378.49 Drivers - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i don't think so, since the gpu locks at 405mhz even older games runs worse

2. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Does anyone get White flickering in Watch Dog 2 with them ? I didn't play the game yet, just testing the performance before I start playing.

Using 1920x1080 378.49
    Extra Details 15%
    All Ultra including Ultra Textures
    HTFS + HBAO+
    Temporal AA On
    Post Processing AA - Off

Not sure but I didn't have it on the drivers before. now if I stop and look on some direction at the moment when there is sun and on city where there are houses the flicker is usually on the end part of the house and trees, like you need to stop moving and move the camera carefully slow and stop and then it pop up non stop every couple seconds.

It's almost the same like Watch Dogs 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMuQO5gbOaI

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Going by Station-Drivers there's a QNF version of these drivers too.
    http://station-drivers.com/index.ph...opic&catid=4&id=2378&Itemid=255&lang=en#14184

Figured I might as well post it. :)

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Nope

5. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    interessant... but doom continues running very better here on opengl than vulkan... more than 15 fps better

looks vulkan really don´t run good on nvidia like amd even later updated api

6. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Vulkan runs on my gtx 980 much better than OGL.

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Something must be wrong with your setup then, because from the benchmarks I've seen, and from my own experience, Vulkan definitely increases performance a lot more than OpenGL.

In fact, in the most CPU limited area I saw about a 125% increase in performance from using Vulkan.

8. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    amazing... i running on 4k with tssaa 8x and af 16x on nightmare settings with 65/80fps on opengl or in same settings with 53/65fps on vulkan

i don´t think cpu fault because are 4k resolution and with filters and my cpu run that on almost idle

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Doom's Vulkan renderer is rather badly optimized for NV h/w so unless you're CPU limited (most systems with 1080 are even in 1440p) you're likely to be getting better performance in OpenGL. Same situation as with some DX12 games basically - a proper Vulkan renderer should be different for AMD and NV h/w; Doom's renderer at the moment is heavily optimized for GCN h/w only (mostly because this was already done for consoles and then they just transferred this to VK renderer).

10. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    don't know if this might have something to do with it but since BAO has physx (no?)
    ran gpu-z off (right) turned on ran gpu-z (left) [​IMG]

disappointed myself if it has a negative effect on games w/physX.

and yeah, i have ~dozen physx games that i play and enjoy.

EDIT:
    hold it - you still using that kepler card in your sig rig? if so nevermind.

11. Yawara

Yawara Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    Why does this happen?

I cannot understand why a company such as nvidia would seek AND receive WHQL certification (Thanks Microsoft) for a driver that is obviously broken for a large proportion of users. I don't care if they qualify for workstation environments and "Optimise for Compute Performance", I expect drivers to be fully compatible for gaming as well as business applications. If I wanted to have optimal stability for workstation usage I would buy a Quadro (and still expect to play games, obviously). Get a grip nvidia :bang:

P.S.
    Thanks to this fantastic forum I have avoided this install and await the next fix.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    optimize for compute doesnt affect AK, actually it still has 2-3fps lower on avg.. So best to keep it off.

13. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    nVidia releases driver with a new feature that "is intended to provide additional performance to non-gaming applications that use large CUDA address spaces and large amounts of GPU memory when run on graphics cards based on second-generation Maxwell GPUs. Graphics cards based on other architectures do not utilize this setting." SETTING IS OFF BY DEFAULT

So what exactly is broken? I got all time high Time Spy GPU score (yes, irrelevant) and played/benchmarked ARMA 3, DIRT Rally, Overwatch, Diablo 3, DXMD and RE7 demo. Not a single issue.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What, I didnt say anything is broken.

I saw that info about this feature, and it was worth to test since its in a gaming Gefroce driver.
    They should just remove it then if it doesn't have any affect on games..

PS it apparently scales in games only if there is no Tiled textures involved, but most use it now..

EDIT: ah ok nvm thought you were saying that to me

15. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    you are right

site show too why i run better on opengl... are because 4k resolution so no cpu limited like you said

http://www.pcgamer.com/doom-benchmarks-return-vulkan-vs-opengl/2/

and too like you say amd hardware runs better yet on vulkan even on 4k without cpu limitations because specific optimizations by amd hardware... i have hope on updated vulkan api solve this... but looks that not happening

16. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    ok good to know. but i think it makes a difference in metroLL:
    left OFF right ON:
    [​IMG]
    :banana: so, manage 3d setting for just the game. :)
    sorry about being too lazy to resize and upload the image, hence the spoiler.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    On is the right side?

I was testing it globally it was quicker to switch then go trough nvcpl profiles. But agree, dont use it globally.

Shame nvinspector doesn't have this option yet, last update was 3months ago.
    https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

Well I was thinking to test some more, mostly older dx11 & dx9c physx games, have a few on the list :nerd:

18. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 S
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok, tested Metro LL benchmark and looniam you found a driver issue

it has broken physx, but IF you turn on this compute it renders normally on gpu, also compute mode is ~ 6fps slower then with it off..:infinity:

perf. impact when on, 1st crowd min 59, otherwise 65fps, 2nd face closeup right before the explosion min 62, otherwise 69fps. Then it breaks and starts rendering at 10fps, gpu usage drops from 96-97 to 10-20%.

This is with off
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------------------------------
    [​IMG]

with it on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  20. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    on=right side is correct sir. i ought to have mentioned that huge drop is when the train crashes through the wall and starts the heavy physx.

back story to brag about how intelligent i think i am:
    someone pointed out not checked for physx in gpu-z. saw it was "there" looking at system info/components in NVCP. but fluidmark used cpu even though physx looked proper in NVCP (select gpu/recommended). drove myself crazy installing/uninstalling stand alones and drivers. it was only for this driver that there was an issue, regardless of which physx version.

then the light bulb went off and the rest is history.

cool story huh? :infinity: