AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    same for me yesterday, my wife was using the desktop (excel) something flickered in the screen and she said that "amd something did an update"

in the evening looked what was happened and... it installed itself the 16.6 drivers!! WTF!!

maybe because that version is whdl?

reinstalled back manually 16.11.3

waiting for 17.xxx fully working on r9 3xx series

WTF WTF WTF

2. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    Well, i had the same issue while connected remotely to my PC, it said there is a driver update. I did not accepted it and i`m still on 17.1.1.
    But what was this update(rolled back drivers) for as it affected many users ?

3. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    it amd has not set this bug to "known" how we will know it they fixed it in some release?

4. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    What is this application profiles components of the driver? I can't figure out what it does. The description in the installer is useless as expected.

5. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I was not informing, I was supposing, since I have conflict problems with MSI AB and Overdrive here too that only happens when I use the AB, but that's another story, and it's not the idle bug what happens to me.

What happens to me is a regular problem with the clocks, if I overclock with MSI AB, let's imagine that after overclock, I got tired and put the system to the default clocks, memory clock don't go to default, unless I restart the PC, the memory clocks continues stuck at the OC frequency, that is due to a conflict between your app and Overdrive (and again, i'm not saying that is your fault, since you get aggressive pretty easy in here), if I try to reduce them on Overdrive, it gets impossible, since the minimum of the memory clock slider is the OC clock, after restart things are okay.

This happens to me with relive, and I'm not even using wattman, imagine if I was ^^.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    http://imgur.com/a/HshxP

7. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega

Sorry about Son hope all is well. Yeah mine did that yesterday as well, I did not pay enough attention and thought it said 17.1.2 but then it installed 16.12.2.

8. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I already have Wattman profiles in there without installing that package.
    (you seem to be using pre-Live version of the drive as Overdrive doesn't exist anymore)

9. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I beg to differ as Overdrive and Wattman both still exist and work. I am on driver 17.1.1 with both a RX 480 and HD 7770 in my pc.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    That is correct. The driver's internal table determines if a card uses Wattman or OverDrive. Both still exist in ReLive, I just wish I could edit the table so I can use OverDrive on ReLive. :sigh:

11. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Ah yes, that makes sense.
    Still, there's absolutely no difference in my control panel after uninstalling the profiles, so I'm puzzled what the hell do they do.

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Are you referring to the Application Profiles?

13. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    What is this "Application Profiles" on personalized install? What do they do?

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Something about Crossfire profiles, I'm not too sure either but I don't install them.
    (The driver already has a set of profiles via a couple of files this adds another such file to a folder in the Program Files directory separately from these.)

15. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    I think it might be worth setting that as your signature :)

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Leave it be, dont push him again.

17. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Which part of my previous post was not clear?

18. pseudo555

pseudo555 Member

GPU:
    sapphire R580
    How can your hd7770 recognize as a r7 200 ? Did you use a custom bios ?

19. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Actually I used the manufactuers official bios for the card. HD 7770 was rebranded to R7 250X. I only put that old card in my system just to test something out and it ended up working out in other ways.

Since I am no longer in a cross fire set up, and run my other monitors just to browse and monitor stuff, I am using the HD 7770 to run my other 2 monitors as it performs much better then the iGPU in my I5 6600k

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    From deep within AMD's pages:

"So what's the application profile doohickey thinger?

It's a method for AMD to deliver driver updates and fixes for games faster."

They are tweaks, fixes, and crossfire profiles for games and some other rendering applications. Not having them installed will just mean the drivers will use default settings.