AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Don't make me cry :') from laughing trollguy.

On topic then, I've finally found the culprit was newer radeon settings

Using 16.11.5 radeon settings with newest driver only everything goes smoothly with my VRM temps

Well, newer app with relive support is trash for hundreds of users anyway wattman and other gimmick only work flawlessly with GCN 3.0/4.0+ cards.

I will continue reporting to AMD for falling back any changes with it, they are going into the wrong direction once again with useless new features (or they have decided that my 2015 gpu is legacy already, then GGWP RTG :puke2:)

2. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    I had the option of installing Re-live features during custom install.
    Maybe you could just not install it and see what changes your temps.

Do you have Re-Live enabled? I have it disabeld.
    But when I did use it on Grid Autosport it worked fine.

My card is even older.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Warlord, I finally have to call you out for being a douche. You are making out the problem as being some sort of conspiracy on AMD's part to obsolete Hawaii/Grenada. The facts of the situation are:

1) The porting of hardware settings for 2xx/3xx cards to Wattman were flawed, and this is why things are not behaving properly. A fix is required.

2) If they were planning to legacy these cards, then WHY would they bother updating these cards to the new Wattman? It would not make sense to do so, and waste the man-hours doing so IF they were planning to legacy the cards.

So your attempts at flaming up the issue are groundless in facts. So just continue to use the 16.11.5 build like everyone else with this issue and await a fix. If you cannot do this, go flame elsewhere, because you are not helping the other owners with misinformation, and Guru3D has a reputation to maintain.

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The only issue I have with my card is the UVD bug and the DX 12 async being disabled (works fine with Vulkan). Aside from that I was surprised to see that both chill and relive work perfectly.

I don't agree that AMD is trying to crap on our cards or abandon them, but I don't believe everything is roses either.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Have you seen anything mentioned in known issues regarding pre-RX series? Many times like the famous UVD bug, AMD never admits some matters of older gpus after a particular timeline like they disappeared.

I have not faith in them as soon as I don't see my problems written in known bugs/issues list. So keep dreaming and hoping with your tremendous fanboy-ism. They have not the right forcing any customer using older software if his/hers hardware is not EOL.

But I agree I should be more careful. I just hope that relive-era (chapter) is not the end for our older gpus. Let's see what happens next, even from my multiple reports, from an almost month ago, I never received a reply from AMD, coincidence huh? Bye-bye fainthearted :)

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    You'r gpu is based off of one released in 2013 which is GCN 1.2 regardless if it was released in 2015.

And my 290x works flawless now with newest relive.
    At first there were issues, AMD fixed it.

Check you setup before looking even more ignorant.

And going through your post history, its obvious you can't accept blame for you'r own misfortunes.
    Maybe you need a new hobby.

7. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    17.1.1 is still giving me the same issues as every ReLive drivers:
    - Top of the screen starts flickering if resolution or refresh rate is changed. (144hz monitor)
    - Top of the screen starts flickering when using Mantle
    - 150mhz bug sometime
    - Rare cases where the complete system hangs
    - WattMan doesn't work no matter what I do, must keep using Afterburner.

The system hanging is more uncommon than it was with the first ReLive drivers, but the overall experience remains very buggy.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    GCN 1.1 -> Rx 390/390X, and others. (list is to long for 1.1) :)

GCN 1.2 -> R9 285, R9 380/380X and Fury/Nano

9. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Well, that is AMD's problem isn't it? I would be pissed off if I had a 390(x) and AMD decided to abandon it in one and a half years.

10. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Hawaii/Grenada cards aren't abandoned at all.

My R9 290 (Hawaii - over 3 years old gpu) is working fine without any issues.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I agree, buggy. The experience is problematic somehow. But everyone here, says we are mistaken AMD makes great drivers, crystal clear without bugs.:nerd:

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No one said drivers are great. There are always some issues. Drivers are buggy on both sides. Nvidia is pushing hot fixes every week. You think those are perfect especially on older cards? Come on.

You said AMD are noobs and should be removed from the market. Useless comment and unwanted attitude. You can go there right now if you continue to post such a crap.

13. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Bugs are everywhere, nvidia drivers included. However, the difference is in the games we play. I have zero problems with any relive driver, I can run AB alongside, takes the clock settings from wattman if I fire it up without a profile loaded.
    Framerate and benchmarks went up, at a cost of reducing my overclocks, but still faster.

And yes, could be if I had a 144Hz monitor I would experience more issues, or play certain games that give others problems with relive drivers.
    Further more, I really don't like the wattman interface, I much more prefer the old clock sliders which gave actual clocks instead of percentages for the gpu.

So overall, games have crashed in the past, and still will crash now and then, drivers will give some problems in specific situations and/or with specific games.

So what's new?

14. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I did try all the ReLive drivers, and aside from Wattman being broken with my R9 390, I get no problem.

15. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Runs great for me. I have to have luck cuz I never got any bugs due to newer drivers.

16. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    installed everything but the control panel/settings portion over the 16.11.5's, and so far after several days of nightly testing, i havent had any clock issues, i can use trixx to set my custom fan profile and it works, if you have 290/390 or older cards, just ddu, install the 16.11.5's, restart, then install these drivers using custom, uncheck the settings part and you should be all set, so far i havent had it clock bounce like the 16.12.x drivers did, even without their cp installed..if i used any app to change the cards settings(i set a more agressive ramp on my trix card then stock....50c=100% clock(still cant hear them if my case isnt open...)

i flashed the stilt 1075/1375 25mv offset firmware to both cards using atiwinflash commandline mode(couldnt get the command line version on my flashdrive to work it wouldnt flash for whatever reason, but, winflash worked fine using forced flash command line augment ;)

anyway...these drivers have worked fine in dirtybomb, battleborn, elder scrolls online, swtor, and the few other games i have checked, just DO NOT INSTALL THE UPDATED CP, thats where the buggered up wattman profiles seem to come in for me...also, i didnt activate oc in the crimson cp, use use trix 6.x for fan profile and, seems to be all good....

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    What you have done is that you've managed to dance around the bug. You put your OC clocks in firmware, so this is basically the same as someone who doesn't OC at all and never touches or changes the gpu/memory clocks. It's basically a bomb waiting to happen. Good luck.

18. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    So what is the problem the set the GPU overclocked clocks in BIOS and do not use any overclocking software if the cards are fully stable ?
    This is a good workaround as currently Wattman is broken and causes a lot of issues. Don`t see any bombs to explode...

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I tried the ReLive drivers on top of older CCC, and it still is buggy. If I leave everything alone it works, until something happens that may cause the infamous "Wattman has detected a problem with the hardware profile and has reset to default settings." At this point you now have 150Hz memory clocks and are doomed.

20. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It's not abandoned yet but there's a risk it'll be officially moved to Legacy in a few years if Vega is different. AMD has a history of dropping support for older cards fast.