AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    One would think that unless either you or AMD provide some concrete information about what's going on, we simply don't know and we could all leave it at that.

As a sidenote, Afterburner (and even more imo, RTSS), are awesome pieces of software that are almost essential. But, in the end of the day, they are utilities. If the driver breaks something, then the utilities follow the driver, and not the other way around.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Those who don't know something normally don't make ultimate statements telling where the fix is supposed to be without having even a basic understanding of the subject of discussion. And I explained what's going on a few times, but sadly one nice person from this thread seem to have personal issues and enjoy trolling on AB related topics during a few months and ignoring any requests to stop. So I'm forced to repeat the same over and over again. The facts are:

- There is no any newer version of overclocking API available from AMD side, so updating overclocking tools absolutely won't make them "more compatible" with ReLive as they currently are.
    - OverdriveNext, the latest version of ADL overclocking API is almost half year old, it was introduced on Ellesmere/Baffin launch, so any overclocking tool with Polaris architecture support is already using the most recent version of AMD overclocking API during long period of time. So that's not something new, that must to be updated by third party developers, they are already using new overclocking implementation for months. What AMD did with ReLive was an attempt to provide unified overclocking API (and control panel) for older generations of cards, and that's their first attempt to rewrite overclocking API for 2xx/3xx and Fury series. Things gone wrong for 2xx/3xx and memory overclocking implementation is currently not working properly on some systems (depends of number of monitors and refresh rate AFAIK), even in Wattman itself.
    - The issue on affected 2xx/3xx systems can be easily replicated with any tool using OverdriveNext API to adjust memory clock. It cannot be fixed from application side, also applications cannot use the previous (and stable) version of Overdrive6 API because some developer from AMD got a "nice" idea to ignore backward compatibility and simply killed old Overdrive6 API in the driver for such cards.

Utilities cannot fix issues existing in driver's overclocking API. That's the reason why it is not fixed in ANY utility yet and no utility developer promise you to provide a fix.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Thanks for the reply, that actually clears out a lot of problems we have, and it can possibly point out the origin of the UVD bug on GCN 1.0 and the current 150MHz issue on newer cards.

4. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    go into settings. make sure extend overclock is unchecked, and there is a drop down below that that offers disabled / without powerplay / with power play.. make sure its disabled..

5. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    This is my settings in AB:

[​IMG]

Its ok?. But now, how to use Coreblocker? I dont undertand that program XD.

Thanks in advance and sorry old my bad language.

6. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Nice, newer GPUs should work well with the latest drivers then :)

7. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Yeah that looks right. got to the clock blocker thread here. there is a beta version he released in the latter part of the thread that relates to issues with the new versions of the drivers. do not use the ADL compute method, and you should get full clocks that reflect your AB overdrive settings.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    So i was playing Witcher 3 today and got a "WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure" crash to desktop. I first time see this error with this card. I also didnt see this with 16.12.2 just with this one.

Wtf, this thing isnt even compatible and i dont see wattman anywhere in my options.

Anyone know more?

[​IMG]

10. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    Bad for me, most problems with Black desert on 390, artifact, black textures, crash, driver reload... back to 16.12.1 for fix.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Since Relive each driver release zombify (pun intended) my setup and freeze my desktop and M/K on reboot after GPU drivers install.Install itself ends with driver install error 1603 with or without DDU on top of older Drivers or alone.

Installing 16.11 drivers or prior solves the problem.

12. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    Best ATI drivers yet. Installed 17.1.1 yesterday. After dinner tested them in WoW. A legendary dropped with perfect stats.

13. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Crossfire Issues

I skipped the last release of ReLive because it was warned for crossfire issues.
    I have 7970 crossfired. I read from other posts that older GPU's suck with these new drivers.

I'd like to try it but has anyone tried it in similar graphic cards? Is it really that Bad?

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Don't make me get out my Thorn Invoker Crusader and hurt you.

15. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    He is sporting a Nano. I believe the drivers for the Fiji and Pascal cards are near flawless. It's the older GCN cards that are the victims.

16. IMDDK

IMDDK Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480
    Hey guys,

I dont really know what is going on here. But I am very happy with this update from AMD.
    before I could not OC my RX 480 4gb VRM over 1850mhz with MSI AB, I had BSOD screen tearing comp freezes but with this update I can OC it and play games without any problem. seems very stable. Currently run @ 1400 core and 1860 Ram.

No problem at all. saying this and I am not AMD or NVIDIA fan boy or anything. But i have been using AMD GPU for years and years. give AMD sometimes they are really improved fast.

GL HF :)

17. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    grab radeon mod, change all settings you want, save a profile, then you can just apply that profile each time the drivers are updated ;) ( i disable ulps and change a hand full of settings that help perf ;)

18. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    16.11.5 is the best for pre 480/fury cards at the moment, at least from our 3 systems....wattman messes up us older card owners cards/clocks...they need to fix it...but...they seem focused on their newest cards and not worried about the rest of us... :(

19. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Again my card has ALWAYS been fine, it's GCN 1.0

I install the video drivers and play games, use afterburner and all that shizzle and never any issues at all apart from shoddy game releases which has nothing to do with AMD

20. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    A while back I asked if anybody with an RX 480 is experiencing any of the issues people are reporting here and if nobody is, that would be very telling on its own. Now that I am looking at the posts here and people's setups in their signatures/posts, it seems the majority of people with Fury and RX 4xx cards are happy with ReLive while people with 7xxx/2xx/3xx cards have a lot of problems.

Maybe AMD is really trying to gimp their older cards to convince people to upgrade? Though judging by the current state of the drivers and the abysmal performance of the RX 4xx cards, I cannot imagine how they would expect people to stay with AMD if they decide to upgrade now.

I highly doubt they are related, the new API was introduced with ReLive; the UVD bug started from way before ReLive.

The problem is not necessarily with CF, but rather, with most setups with 7xxx/2xx/300 cards. I have a 7xxx CF setup and I am not going to touch the ReLive drivers unless I see 10 pages of replies in this forum from people praising the stability and the performance of the driver.