Movies Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. DJSean00

DJSean00 Guest

GPU:
    Asus STRIX-GTX1080
    +1 I'm sorry but I hated it.... *dont shoot*

2. ZtranDed

ZtranDed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 4GB
    Just rewatched Gran Torino. Ahhh, what a great movie still!

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  4. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Was there anyone who actually enjoyed this turd of a movie?

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So I just watched Hardcore Henry because I got the chance to due to it being free on Amazon Prime and yeah I gotta say I kinda liked it, I mean when I saw the adverts for it prior to it's release last year I though huh that'll be cr*p and I am happy to admit I was wrong.

Kind of like a parkour version of Deus Ex and I love the fact that the bad guy was just NEVER explained, oh and Sharlto Copley does a little musical number that was just fantastic.

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I didn't like it either and I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Same with you, I found Jyn and Cassian to very bland characters. K2-SO was cool. Saw Gerrera didn't get enough screen time for having been widely featured in the trailers. But really, about the only redeeming qualities in the film were Darth Vader's appearance and the end. If they do any more standalone stories like they have planned, they either need to plan the story better and give us more character development. I really think they banked this film on the appearance of Vader.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Batman Lego Movie.

I liked the Lego movie, much more than I think I really should have but it worked it was just about self aware enough about it being a movie about Lego and had enough fun characters and situations to hit the mark. So did this work in Batman Lego Movie? Nope not even a little bit.

First problem is the Batman character himself. As a straight secondary character in The Lego Movie his I work alone. I am the Dark Knight I am awesome at everything character worked really well when off set against the group of other characters he spent most of the movie with.

As the main driving character in this one he was just annoying, not funny, in fact I struggle to think of any part or anything he did in this movie that made me actually laugh, I just found him to be annoying at best and grating at worst. This wouldn't be a problem if he was teamed up with a group characters that played off his character well, just like in the first movie but the supporting characters in this just end up being as irritating, just for totally different reasons. Put simply if this was a live action ensemble movie you would say that the characters had no on screen chemistry resulting in the constant feeling that they just do not work well together.

Second the story was rubbish, again going back to the Lego movie it had a fun story that went somewhere and had a neat little twist in it towards the end. This on the other hand was just an utter clusterf*ck that can be summed up as Batman learns to get help from others, while Warner Bros tries to show horn as many bad guys as it currently has rights or movies too legally include in the movie, all the while doing stupid little bits and skits that for whatever reason would have ruined the flow of the last Lego movie. Seriously there's one bit where Batman and Robin are in jail and Batman starts beat boxing and it just has no place in the movie, it's not funny, it's tonally out of place with why and where they are and with what's going on around them.

Thirdly the action was awful, I mean really horrible, it was so fast paced with loads and loads of cuts to and from other stuff happening in the middle of the action but when it was focused on the action it just seemed, well the first Lego Movie actually looked like a movie made out of Lego (Yeah I know it was actually CG) and the action reflected this. Lego Batman looks like a CG movie using Lego as a premise.

I really really didn't like this movie, but I am guessing with WBs extended super hero universe rapidly going no where I am guessing the are looking for something else they can pull fat ass globs of cash from and it looks like Lego is going to be it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Hell yeah!

Hell yeah! #2

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Go watch Logan!!!! NOW!!!!

Seriously the best Comic movie ever filmed.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Doesn't look that bad, like the 80s feel.

Surely its a bit long to be a teaser, but think that's quite common these days.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    That's a fan made trailer. You know this right?

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Anyone see Passengers? Decent sci-fi flick, quite enjoyed it. Jennifer Lawrence in top form.

17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Finally got around to seeing Hell or High Water the other night. Solid A movie. Jeff Bridges nailed his character. Chris Pine...far better suited for these types of roles than Cpt. Kirk. Best movie have seen in a long time.

Passengers was better than I expected it to be.
    Would have loved to see their kids running around when the rest of people woke up

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Dude yeah i loved that movie!

19. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Logan was amazing. It really did not feel like a comic book film at times.

20. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Anyone seen Kong Island yet? I REALLY wanna see it...