Xbox One S

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Jan 14, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Master chief collection is cracking, Forza 6 is a must, also bc xbox 360 are also worth a punt.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Problem is the UI runs on only one core now, whereas before it had access to 2 cores...I do agree with the UI being awful, the 360 had a better UI in my opinion.

But games on it though are pretty fantastic.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Yeap, the UI still needs some of the fat trimmed from it, and funnily enough i saw sneek peak of the April UI update and it has vastly improved, plus hopefull the music player will get some love from MS, i would love to pick my tracks or albums instead of the present first 200 songs loaded in, just like the 360 allowed.

4. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Recording clips is annoying as well, Cortana is not smooth at all.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yeah. the UI is pretty bad. Not sure who was in charge of making that decision lol.

Replaying Destiny right now. Man, this game has really changed.

6. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I am not a big fan of Destiny, I tried to like it but I could not get into it.

Halo 5 is definitely one to pick up. Awesome maps, always getting bigger, tons of custom content, overall won't get bored.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I played Destiny on the PS4. I had a blast for a while, and then I got bored with it before shortly before the 2nd dlc came out and I stopped playing. I figured it been long enough, that i'd go ahead and give it another shot.

I did get Halo 5 and the master chief collection. I plan on running through those this weekend :D

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Is that the MCC retail or digital, if it's a retail disc version you can go digital for a few quid or bucks on the cdkeys site, they quite regularly have the digital versions of xbox games going for a steal, i have picked up quite a few cheap digital codes from there, Halo MCC £7, Forza 5 £6, Gears of War remastered, £8, it is a good site to catch a digital code on the cheap.....well worth keeping a eye on......you can pick the MCC on it at this time for $8.

And you need to grab a copy of rare replay, it's the law.;)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I buy all my games digitally.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    u use SSD too? as external drive. use it.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Does your TV have a 10bit panel? i've never seen HDR, i actually wanted one that had 10bit panel but they're too pricey.

If you don't have 10bit panel, how does HDR look?

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I doubt my tv has a 10bit panel, i only paid 400 quid in the xmas sales as it was half price, and i have seen 4k tv going for at least 2 to 3 grand, which are no doubt full 10 bit panels, but even with a 8 bit panel once calibrated correctly you will see the differences from a none hdr tv, the lighting in games become so much more real life, really as a mid level entry and at that kind of price for a 4k tv it is certainly worth it until those 10 bit panel come down to a price that won't see you in divorce court.

And even without the hdr the 4k is just amazing, i run my pc to the tv and i have been totally sold on 4k gaming, with a 970 i obviously have to drop some stuff like af and the likes, but it is all worth it for the clarity and detail you gain at thay res, everyting just pops,certainly if you can get a 4k on sale go for it, mine is a 43in, but if you can get bigger for a similar low price i would say grab the bigger one, i just could not fit any bigger than 43 into the bedroom tv alcove. :(

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Thanks, that's a relieve to hear 8bit still looks awesome.

I'm going to get the Samsung UE55SKU6000, theres a 21% off sale this Thursday.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    55in, that will be great in 4k, get your 980ti hooked up to that and you are off.

Oh and make sure you have a certified high speed hdmi for 4k, only issues i came up against were high speed hdmi cables that could not handle 4k from my pc, they stated they could but they were non certified, and they had either blinking picture or screen was covered in white dots, but if it's certified you will have no issues.

15. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    I am really liking mine. I had a 360 a while back and sold it when money was tight. I liked that a bunch of my digital 360 games just popped right up. Wish I had kept a few others like RDR.

My gripes are that the BR app frequently goes black for me and I have to force it closed. Also my games get stuck downloading a lot and I have to yank power and do a fresh boot for them to finish. This thing is definitely running a form of Windows 10 and it shows.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    The TV is going to the living room sadly.

Good call on the cable, not sure it helps though with a normal PS4?

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    What I want to know is, how can you find out what bit panel your 4K tv is using? It doesn't mention anything about it in the owners manual.

Yes.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Go to the manufactor website and usuall it will either be on the tv's main page specs or it will be buried in the pdf users manual somewhere......or put the tv into google because somebody somewhere will have reviewed it somewhere on the web, this is how i found yt video to calibrate mine to perfection by the way. :)

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Thinking of going for the Xbone S, as i noticed theres no EA Access on PS4 as it is on Xbox One.

I'm afraid it won't look good on my 4K TV cause most Xbone games don't run at 1080 native like the PS4 does.

Is RDR better looking on the Xbox One? is it upgraded to 1080p?

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Back compat games look and run great on the xb1, and on the slim they are upscaled to 4k, now they might not be 4k native but they still run and look great, it won't turn any game in 1080p or 4k, but what it does is improve the overal experience of playing the game, you won't be disappointed.

BC is a awesome feature on the xb1, to think we would not have had this if the xb1 launch had not been a complete disaster, funny how things work out. Lol

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017