Any nation out there want to adopt me...?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BLEH!, Jan 17, 2017.

1. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Couldn't have said it better. It's not the rich Tory fat cats who are going to suffer in these years to come, it's going to be the racist dimwits who will soon realise the dire predicament that being an outcast nation, disdained by our friends in the EU we rejected, actually means when workers rights, European grants to aid development, wage stability and the cost of living are all hit hard as we fail to agree trade deals thinking that we are so super surely the world wants us are proven wrong. and we sink into a low wage, low corporate task Sports Direct economy.

The memory of that rotten little bawbag Farage standing in front of the poster of REFUGEES in Eastern Europe queuing to escape the hell of Syria and implying that these were the torrent of immigrants the Leave vote would stop makes me rage. Lying little ****. We took hardly any Syrian refugees unlike the Germans who showed true humanity - and it was all irrelevant anyone considering they weren't even Europeans! Sad and laughable and playing right on the base xenophobia of the Leave voter.

But I'm staying and hoping beyond all hope Scotland gets out of this broken UK and rejoins the European project and common market.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  2. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    The Daily Mail!! Are you serious lol
    That right wing lying rabble rousing dirty rag can't be trusted to get the day right on the front page.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That doesn't change the truth of the story.

https://www.nrk.no/ytring/jeg-ble-voldtatt-av-en-mann-1.12852714

The event in question did happen, how coloured it is by left or right media is another thing entirely.

4. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    It may indeed have but the fact it is singled out for unusual attention is the agenda of the right wing press. Highlighting isolated cases and implying a more widespread issue is pretty base stuff. If all the cases of this type involving people of all origins were reported in full like this then there would be no room for any of their other rabble rousing...

But on topic: Don't leave your country because a vote went against you, stay and protest - the rest of us need you!

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The press reports on major or interesting events, that's the nature of the press. A pro-immigration politician being raped by an immigrant and then feeling bad for the immigrant is newsworthy in the current climate. Everything you're complaining about now, are things I see from leftist rags on a daily basis. Outcry for those in power acting like the gentleman in question? I can see that being important, at least for people in Norway -- especially those who may have to deal with said victim/politician.

The press in general is trash, don't get me wrong. I get my news from multiple sources, but the newspaper styled/based media is by far the worst in general.

6. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Can the North join Scotland and rejoin the EU when #indyref2 happen? :D

7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    If they allowed gay marriage here (UAE) you would be able to claim citizenship and you can be my habibi and we can live the rich arab life together habibi. 3la zuby habibi <3

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    That`s generous bold offer. -)

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    People arent that keen on the Brexit ideas down south either, at least not in Bristol. Sometimes i wonder why leave votes were so high, i know less than 10 people who voted to leave!

@Eclap, yea man sounds like heaven! Play hockey, watch hockey!

10. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Thats the kind of voting no one admits because it looks somewhat racist, thats something we in EU (as culture, not as economic organization) have to remove, protecting your own race is not racism and is nothing to be embarrassed of, even though nowadays "progresism" "looks" cool...

In Spain no1 voted to the right-winged party but they won by a big advantage.

As much as I would love EU to be united, I hate Germany migration policies and how they are influencing the rest so I totally understand with UK leaving (I'm also in with hard-brexit with breaking all the relationships from both sides ).

+ a few banks seem to be moving to Madrid, if its confirmed it will be great for me :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017

11. Trasher

Trasher Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Finland can adopt you :) People understand English quite well, and at least younger people speak it fluently
    R&D is quite a big thing here

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hey Trasher, I love Finland and I'll be looking into jobs over there this year. I've done some research already and I'm intrigued. You might have me around soon :) Nothing to do with brexit btw.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Canada!

14. Trasher

Trasher Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Welcome :)
    There is actually quite a bit of Englishmen around, in Helsinki at least, most of them have found a Finnish girl and moved here :nerd:

15. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    You would be welcome. Answer a few questions on Oor Wullie and the Broons and your in!

16. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    hmmm adopt someone who runs rather than confronts issues....

;)

17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Haha! Oh boy! *grabs popcorn*

18. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    You tried arguing with Brexiteers, it's impossible!

19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I don't know why anyone would seriously suggest Canada. It's freezing cold (do you have any idea what -25C with winds making it feel like -40C does to the eyes?), with gale winds, and barely any daylight 9 months of the year. We just passed the winter solstice where the sun would barely be up at 8:30am and would be down already by 4pm... 7.5 hours, in North York (northern Toronto).

Aside from the weather being a massive pain most of the year, the inflation is insane, and official inflation rates don't reflect that. Food and clothes in the Greater Toronto Area cost literally between 2 and 5 times what they did 20 years ago for identical items (though the food weighs less now, 1K items are 900G now, etc). Sales tax alone is 13% in Ontario and is only one of many many ways they'll rob you of every penny you have.

Did I mention there's squat for job opportunities?

Our PM is an SJW retard obsessed with his hyper-politically-correct image, who hasn't kept a single major promise (yet?). A retard who I voted for (indirectly since our voting system is rigged BS) because the alternatives were quantifiably worse. Our previous PM of nearly a decade was a monster who did every horror imaginable and somehow almost no one knows of any of it. Some of his lesser crimes include literally passing laws to muzzle scientists so corporations can **** on us more, and practically giving our resources away to corporations who then took them and charged us for them.

Go somewhere which isn't a D- version of the USA. I'm seriously going to move to Australia as soon as I have the means to do so.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    You could always come to USA and watch millions of woman march in protest about the high cost of tampons