Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The Darkening of Tristram is pretty lame, only reason to play it is for the portrait frame and for the cow pet. You'll have to run it multiple times, I'd say between 8-12 times to kill all the uniques.

After that, there is no point in touching it, it's just D3 with a pixel filter and some other minor stuff.

2. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    Yeah pretty much the only thing I liked from the event was the music and other various sound tweaks, as well as the old Diablo font on loot drops. Otherwise...yawn.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Now you mention it, I really liked the sound effects.

Isn't it ironic how a lot of people want a Diablo 2 with updated graphics yet blizzard gave us Diablo with downgraded D3 graphics.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    After nearly a year long break from D3, I just played 2 hours of adventure mode. A lot has changed since I last played, but I like it. The whole DX9->DX11 and 32bit->64bit lets the game really shine. According to MSIAB I just played the whole 2 hours (inventory management, Torment 12 rifting, level 45 G rifts) at an average of 110FPS with a single dip to 87FPS. This is all with max in game settings, 4k resolution, 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled. AMAZING compared to what it was like last time I played, especially concerning stuttering.

Interestingly I get a constant 100% GPU usage, which is great, but CPU core 0-7 have 0% load while core 8 stays at 100% along with the GPU. Strange, but with the kind of performance mentioned above, I guess I can learn to ignore it. Anybody else see behavior like this? As far as gameplay goes, it sure is smoother and more responsive to hitting lots of keys and mouse buttons in close succession. I'm still looking for the last few pieces to complete the Barb Wastes/Whirlwind set and the IK/Hammer stuff. They have changed how the damage numbers show up since I last played, but I'm doing anywhere from 2000M to 3500M per hit and about three swings per second.

No idea if any of that is good, but seeing as my only D3 friend is a monk at Torment 10 I'm well ahead of where I need to be to help him along. All in all incredible support for such an old game. I enjoyed it and will probably play a bit more next week so as not to get burnt out just yet.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I think something may have been wrong with the gpu driver on my old computer. Because I don't have that texture flickering anymore on this new one when ssao is enabled.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I didn't know there was a cow pet so now I have to run like you said. Thanks for letting me know :)

What kind of monitor do you have? I've always had some stuttering since I got G-sync monitors. Now I've tweaked it enough not to stutter too much but it's still there.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/diablo-anniversary-event-complete-guide

That should cover the entire event, flag sigil, two pets, two morphs (Plus one for helmets.) and those portrait frames.

EDIT: As for the event itself well I disliked the pixel filter but the color adjustment was a neat touch but as a "remake" of Diablo 1 it was pretty poor.

8. Larochepiano

Larochepiano Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 960
    I was pretty disappointed with the new event, I was really looking forward to this event. I just recently became a dad, so playing games right now is pretty rare. I prepared all my things, a small snack, a couple drinks and then the fun beings. I finished the event in 2hours.

I mean it's fun but way too short I was expecting around 10 hours of gameplay.

9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    47 inch LG 1080p TV from 2011. Hooked up using an HDMI 1.4 cable then disabled all HDMI related bits using CRU 1.3, so I'm essentially on a DVI connection. The game runs absolutely flawless now after the big engine and client update.

10. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Also, this is a timed event, at the end of the month it will be turned off.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Okay, vastly different than mine :)

12. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    One unique left to kill on Level 9 for the "Protector of Tristram" achievement.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It's a bit of fun, free content, a token of celebration of an anniversary. Get your cosmetics and be done with it. Better than a kick in the teeth.

14. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    I just got back into this game finally got battlenet to take. Man this game is awesome but getting on public servers with anyone on is getting hard though. But then again my game is not 100% downloaded though. I love this game and at 1920x1080 its awesome and no stuttering for me.

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Royal necro here, which seems appropriate given the new character pack. I recently started playing D3 again for Season 12, but it is performing like crap. I've spent hours turning on or off every setting in the game, NVCP v-sync on and off, in game V-sync on and off, RTSS framecap on and off, toggled every setting on my Intel I210T, fullscreen optimization on and off, MSIAB open and closed, HPET on and off, game mode on and off, installed to HDD/SSD/USB, 3 different driver versions (378.xx, 382.xx and 387.xx), and several dozen other things I could think of.

The game always runs like trash! Stuttering, hiccups, bad frame pacing, low CPU and GPU usage even with both sustaining full clocks OC and stock. I'm using a CAT6 wire to my 1Gbit Google Fiber router and no other device is using any network or internet speed. I've also tried the 32-bit client with no luck, adaptive sync, fast sync, uncapped and NPI sync and limiter options with zero luck. Does anybody have this game running well or know how to do so?

I'm super close to trying to setup a dual boot with Win10/Win7 to try that out and see if it helps, but I only have 55GB left on my SSD and don't know about Win7 UEFI/GPT kind of stuff. Somebody PLEASE help! This is the only game my group is playing right now, yet even though I have by far the fastest computer, I'm having by far the worst time.