The GTX 1080-Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Now you guys don't have to deal with me anymore....ok? No more dissecting my posts to fit your lil egos so you can watch me unravel before your eyes.At least I'm honest about who I am and don't hide behind pixels....enjoy your lives, make the best of them.

Don Corleone, you ignored my last request to terminate my account....please save these good people from my ignorance and not ignore me this time....I WANT to see the word banned below that name, as I'm sure it'll make these people happy and I aim to please, in everything I do in this life.

Matter of fact, any mod can do it right? So do it.

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    2 decent volta cards top end will do a good job however SLI profiles will need to be up to the job so it could be touch and go. Were still along way from a single gpu powering 4k at 120hz...a very long way...2020 minimum.

3. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Take a deep breath dude, no one want's to see you gone - just adjust your "freshness" tone.

It's not everybody that likes that sort of thing right off the bat.

Just chill and lay off with the golden showers and fktards expressions and it's all good :)

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Yeah the SLI profile thing is a big issue. I'm never doing dual cards again due to profiles being such a pain, the inherent heat issues, and poor scaling in many cases. It's just not worth the headache. In any case I would be happy with 60fps 4K which I'm guessing a 1080ti or Volta could achieve with most games (with a few compromises in the graphics settings, im sure).

I'm also hoping that now that HDR is on the radar for Nvidia with these monitors maybe some more games will include it. I just hope that my 25 foot redmere HDMI cable can handle 4k60 HDR. Running a new one sure sounds like a PITA.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017

5. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Lol, exactly ;)

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Nah. It will be sooner. The problem I see is not the graphics processing, its the lackluster game optimization and the inclusion of $hit like gameworks that will continuously push framerates down.

SLI can go pound salt. I think more people today are interested in the single best card available and a TI would sell like hotcakes, there is little to dispute that.

I'm okay with a TI being available as a potential refresh a little later.. of course, I dunno why Nvidia would wait that long giving AMD free reign to release Vega and pretty much cleanup in the interim.

either way, I'm not compelled to move to AMD any time soon, so I'm stuck waiting.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    As Shadowdane said, the Ti is most likely being released at either Pax/GDC - Pax is at the end of this month and GDC is at the end of next month. There is no reason for Nvidia to wait longer as Volta is almost certainly coming Q1 next year. So it will make it a full year of the 1080Ti being the highest end Nvidia offering, which is the same as it was for the 980Ti and 780Ti.

9. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Totally agree!!!

1 Ti can be better than 2 way SLI

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    NVIDIA will announce the GTX1080Ti in February.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    A ti will definetly sell, its just not a very exciting card as we already know how it will perform.
    People are just waiting to see the price.

4k/120 will be a while off if maxing settings is important.
    SLI will either die off completely in the next year or so or be better than ever.

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Actually getting to an average of 120fps might take a while - but as soon as you cross 60fps you're getting a benefit from that monitor that you wouldn't have otherwise. Plus there are plenty of older titles/non-AAA games that look great that will go that high - I'm playing Divinity - Original Sin now at 4K and I get ~105fps on average and it looks absolutely incredible on my TV.

That's not even to mention that just moving windows around and using desktop applications feels better at 120hz+.

I'll personally be buying that ASUS monitor on day one.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm still waiting for a 4K/60 card, Ti might be it?
    Playing Witcher 3 on Ultra settings with a locked 60fps on my 4K TV...I'll be very happy when that happens.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  14. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I might even play through it again just to see it all in 4K. I can manage 4K with it now but I average about 45 fps. That game looks so incredible in 4K.

15. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    I rather wait for the 2080 to come out then buy a 1080 Ti for a great price. gl

:stewpid:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017

16. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Give the 2080 1 year for the 1080 Ti price to drop. Grab a Ti for 350 dollars. :)

:stewpid:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Stop filming me camping next to Nvidia's office's windows. :D

18. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I am travelling with my company to GDC, will definitely pop to Nvidia booth and take a look at what they have there. Will report here if i find any Ti's laying around. :)

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe keep us informed ;)

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for helping out your fellow Gurus :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.