Speedlink OMNIVI Core Gaming Mouse has 12000dpi Optical Sensor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I wonder what sensor is used in this mouse? The 12000dpi figure makes me think it could be the PMW3366 that's used in the Logitech G303 & other recent Logitech mice, although I think I heard that this sensor is exclusive to Logitech. PMW3366 sensor is fantastic though, I use the Logitech G303 - easily the best mouse I've used, and actually improved my ranking in fps games over previous mice I have used (Logitech G9x / Corsair M45 / Cooler Master Xornet 2).

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    12000 dpi pointless. Great for marketing, nothing more.

4. Izi Cheeseborn

Izi Cheeseborn Active Member

GPU:
    Strix GTX980ti SLi
    Are heavy mice desirable? Not for me!

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    3366 was a Logitech Exclusive, but that exclusivity has ended. Public variants usually end in 0 so it's probably using a 3360 or derivative.

While 12000 dpi is rather pointless (other then marketing), the sensor does offer plenty of benefits, mostly being good in every single departement:

• Motion latency (older generation sensors such as the 3310 often had X frames of smoothing on the sensor)
    • Maximum tracking speed (tracks at 6 meters/second and beyond)
    • Jitter, precision is OK

It might sound strange in 2016, but it's actually one of the first sensors in the market to "nail" every aspect properly.

For a sensor that performed near it in every aspect we have to strangely look back at 2007 when the first DA was released (the newer DA's arguably performed worse).

6. simnov

simnov Guest

7. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Another optical mouse? Have we time-travelled back to the 2000s?

Everyone uses laser mice nowadays. What's next? Back to ball mice and the occasional scraping the crap off the ball?

8. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Heavy is relative, but yes they are desirable, they add feel to the mouse. Too light and you have nothing to feel....and a light mouse feels cheap to me. I love my G9x with the weights in it. It's not heavy but it has a nice feel to it.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I hope you're being sarcastic?

"Laser" mice are optical mice as well:

10. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    And 'optical' mice are generally known to be more accurate than laser mice, showing less positive or negative acceleration.

11. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Nope. Optical is one thing, laser is another. Even if technically they are both optical, a laser mouse is far superior to the old optical mice. I didn't even know they made anything else BUT laser mice nowadays. If it is a laser then say so, don't say optical. And that article is incorrect, it's actually a laser :) Hence laser mouse. Do you even know what laser means?

12. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    optical > laser. ill take a 3360/3366 sensor over laser any day. i cant stand the inaccuracy of laser.

but go on, keep arguing with the engineer at logitech.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    As a G302 owner I can vouch for the sweet sweet optical sensor.

14. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Those of you saying Laser is better are correct when comparing modern laser mice to traditional optical sensor mice. But you are flat out wrong if you think laser is better than modern specular optical sensors such as the 3366 found in Logitech's Chaos Spectrum G900. Why else would sensors such as the 336x be in all the best gaming mice?