new utility from Resplendence - WhySoSlow

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by mbk1969, Dec 31, 2016.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Resplendence released WhySoSlow v1.0

http://www.resplendence.com/whysoslow

akbaar likes this.
  2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Interesting, have you tired the analyzes report ?
    Is this portable app (ok exe is setup so that's answered :) )?

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So i have tried this and this is result.

everything fine , exept

the more info link leads to a "Is being updated screen with no info"

Does anyone know what this error means ? I never have a problem with anything, so im kinda wondering why this program is stating such things.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    No, I have not. Just received a letter from them (did not know that I was subscribed).

Everything works good at my rig.
    Considering myself an advanced user it would be such humiliation to receive a new knowledge from some newborn program. :pc1:

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    It is not an error, they just used their latencymon code and knowledge base here. Application measured interrupt time for devices and stated that one of them is big enough to cause a trouble for real-time audio streaming/processing. Do you make real-time audio processing at your rig? But I would not consider 132 microseconds as a big time span.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Interesting tool. Played with it a little, everything seems to be running fine here.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well i do have a usb capture card. Is there any way to bring the 132 down, half of it would feel better lol

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I know only two ways to decrease interrupt time for a working device:
    1) MSI mode - works only for PCI-E devices.
    2) rewrite the code of device driver

Is you capture card of USB3 or USB2?

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I got these,

What's that paging section supposed to mean? I rarely see the virtual memory being used in task manager because of my installed RAM size.

edit:
    I ran it again after closing steam and firefox,
    *shrugs*

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You better ask guys from Resplendence. I suspect 'INF' means 'infinite' which looks like a bug in the code.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It came down to 4.0 after closing steam and firefox. Must've been firefox. Edited my post above.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its USB 3

avrmedia gamer extreme

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Then do not bother, because with USB3 your rig should have quite low CPU load during the capturing.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Your system has been analyzed. Your system appears to be running fine.
    No problems were found.

System Information
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: COOLERMASTER
    OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 14393 (x64)
    Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Crosshair V Formula
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
    Logical processors: 8
    Processor groups: 1
    RAM: 12232 MB total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU Speed

Your CPU speed ranged between 4815 Mhz and 4816 MHz. The advertised clock speed of your processor is 4816 MHz.

Your main processor was running at its advertised clock speed only. Your CPUs do not appear to be throttled down. More info..

CPU Temperature

Your CPU temperature ranged between 20 °C and 33 °C (equal to 68 °F - 91 °F) during the tests.
    Your processors are running cool. More info..

CPU Load

While the test was idle, your CPU usage ranged from 6.2% to 20.9%. Your processor's resources do not appear to be used heavily. More info..

Memory Load

The amount of RAM used by your system while the test was running ranged from 21.6% to 21.8%. More info..

Paging Information

During the test hard pagefaults ranged from 0.0 to 253.2 pagefaults per second. This values reported are considered excellent. Your paging file resides on a SSD which fortunately limits the impact of hitting hard pagefaults on your system. More info..

Application responsiveness

The highest application responsiveness on your system was measured at 0.188 ms. This value is considered good. Your system appears to be responsive. More info..

Kernel latencies and real-time capabilities

The highest kernel responsiveness on your system was measured at 0.184 ms. This value is considered good. There do not appear to be drivers causing your system to be unsuitable for real-time processing capabilities. More info..

BIOS and chipset behavior

The highest measured SM BIOS interrupt or other stall was 33 microseconds. This value is considered good, no problems have been detected during the tests. More info..

Conclusion

No problems were found.

Report generated on 31/12/2016 17:55:22

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    im tempted to give this try but seeing my OCD is easily triggered I think I will pass for now

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    My system seems to be fine... cool little program.

System Information

Computer name: ANDROID
    OS version: Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200 (x64)
    Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A97 R2.0
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
    Logical processors: 8
    Processor groups: 1
    RAM: 8092 MB total

CPU Speed

Your CPU speed ranged between 1404 Mhz and 4013 MHz. The advertised clock speed of your processor is 3512 MHz.

Your main processor was always running above its advertised clock speed which means great performance. Your CPUs do not appear to be throttled down. More info..

CPU Temperature

Your CPU temperature ranged between 17 °C and 35 °C (equal to 62 °F - 95 °F) during the tests.
    Your processors are running cool. More info..

CPU Load

While the test was idle, your CPU usage ranged from 0.7% to 15.4%. Your processor's resources do not appear to be used heavily. More info..

Memory Load

The amount of RAM used by your system while the test was running ranged from 12.3% to 12.4%. More info..

Paging Information

During the test hard pagefaults ranged from 0.0 to 27.2 pagefaults per second. This values reported are considered excellent. Your paging file resides on a SSD which fortunately limits the impact of hitting hard pagefaults on your system. More info..

Application responsiveness

The highest application responsiveness on your system was measured at 0.118 ms. This value is considered good. Your system appears to be responsive. More info..

Kernel latencies and real-time capabilities

The highest kernel responsiveness on your system was measured at 0.075 ms. This value is considered excellent. There do not appear to be drivers causing your system to be unsuitable for real-time processing capabilities. More info..

BIOS and chipset behavior

The highest measured SM BIOS interrupt or other stall was 17 microseconds. This value is considered good, no problems have been detected during the tests. More info..

Conclusion

No problems were found.

Report generated on 2/01/2017 5:33:20 PM

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    No, no, don't do it !!!

Serious, I tried this in a Win10 AU, VM (which maybe bad testbase), and depending on the run I got pretty wide variance in app response and bios part was in red.
    Funny thing at end said no problems found an all was good
    "Your system has been analyzed. Your system appears to be running fine.
    No problems were found. "
    So I think test needs to be longer or maybe some bugs in how it reports, the main realtime values look good while having browser open, etc.

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No problems were found.

Report generated on 1/6/2017 10:56:54 PM

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I got the same thing about BIOS behavior, otherwise fine (and the conclusion states system is fine anyway).

For me the "Intel Chipset ... SMBus Host Controller" is running on legacy IRQ mode so trying to switch it to MSI mode (as mbk1969 suggested) could maybe help?
    If that latency even really matters...

I recently checked system resources and that SMBus controller stuck out, other devices like SATA and USB3 controller were at MSI mode readily.

EDIT: second run gave INF pagefaults here too, probably a bug in the app.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Win10 here and I see "SM Bus Controller" only under the "System devices" root node (default view - devices by type). That device actually has no driver and only "I/O Range" resource. When I switch view to "Resources by type" I see no "SM Bus Controller" under "Interrupt request (IRQ)" root node.