AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter and PCI Bus Driver requires manually updating.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Watcher, Jan 13, 2013.

1. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    On anything that was giving you problems, try to see if the situation improved.

Since I found out about this topic a while back, I always make sure my Bus drivers are up to date.

So far, I have never noticed a difference, even when compared to before I was aware of the Bus driver not being updated.

I guess it can't hurt to update though, glad it worked wonders for the guy above.

I wonder why this is still an issue. I would have guessed either AMD or Microsoft got this sorted by now, but no, updating the Bus driver still requires to be done manually. At least on my system.

2. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    ****, I thought this was common. It's the same with intel, if you install the chipset driver through its setup, it only updates the usb controllers. If you manually point everything to the driver folder, it actually picks up the new version. Makes me go from a 2006 pcie driver to a 2013 one :p

3. PaleHybrid

PaleHybrid Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Is the amd pci root bus lower filter driver the same as the pci bus driver? I'm having problems with AMD catalyst updating a few things including this and my SM bus driver. I'm not sure why catalyst doesn't detect these drivers when I download chipset drivers and update them. I did the same thing you said to do here except with the chipset drivers and I see the SM bus driver in there so I might try that as well. I just want to know if this is the right driver for the pci bus.

Thanks a lot for posting this. Really appreciate someone taking the time to figure this crap out even though some just say who cares. Well ya know what I care, I want my drivers updated and I want my computer to run well and in the most efficient way possible.

4. badlifer

badlifer Guest

GPU:
    r9 280msi 3gb
    I am sorry for the necro....But I am not allowed to send PMs.

Can you help me manually update my PCI BUS? I am on intel and I downloaded my mobo chipset drivers but nothing is being recognised.What do I do exactly?

5. slash_One

slash_One Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6770x2
    If someone is still looking for newer versions of pci filter driver, but there's no more "amdkmpfd" folder in crimson driver package...just look into the gpu drivers folder for 3 files amdkmpfd.isz, amdkmpfd.csz and amdkmpfd.ssz ( .itz, .ctz and .stz for win 10 and .ibz for win 8), - rename their extensions to .inf, .cat and .sys. Actually these files are installed by crimson in "C:\Program Files\AMD\amdkmpfd" folder, but i can't use crimson with my legacy gpus...
    After that update as usual. But i would recommend to update pci bus filter using devcon.exe.

Happy Holidays everyone!!:nerd:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  7. slash_One

slash_One Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6770x2
    but not for me, unfortunately...and other ppls with an old legacy MB or GPU:nerd:
    Amd disabled support for all legacy devices, even HDMI driver, which actually works on my old system...but it can't be installed normally, and requires .inf modification...

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I tried to update my pci bus driver

i point it the to the folder and choose the inf but when i click next it shows as an audio bus driver and not pci

im on win 10 x64 any idea's

9. slash_One

slash_One Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6770x2

yeah, sure.
    amdkmpfd is for pci filter, and amdkmafd is for audio:)

if you have latest crimson installed, check C:\Program Files\AMD\amdkmpfd -there are 3 files you can rename to inf,cat and sys- latest pci filter version 16.40

10. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano

11. slash_One

slash_One Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6770x2
    maybe this will help:boozer:

12. fez

fez Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6700XT
    Ok, after i rename them, now what? I dont even have the PCI BUS driver under system devices in windows 10.

13. slash_One

slash_One Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6770x2
    useful only for ppls with AMD chipsets, man...:nerd:

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    It is called 'PCI Express Root Complex' at your rig. But if you have Intel chipset then you don`t want this AMD driver.

15. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    I'm missing something.

I renamed the files, but how do I actually update the PCIbus?

There is no .inf file there, so how can I set it (via device manager) to find the driver?

Should I re-run the Crimson Installer?

Should I use some other method?

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Probably slash_One did a typo - wrote 'ini' instead of 'inf'.

17. slash_One

slash_One Member

GPU:
    ATI HD6770x2
    sorry guys -my mistake- change .ITZ to .INF and not ini... i was in rush to share this

18. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Yup, that was the case.

Thank you (both) very much.

Have a happy new year!

19. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Hey guys. So, I've been reading this, and I looked at my PCI Bus driver version, and it was ancient (way back from 2006), so I decided to update it. Now it's version 16.40.0.0 (from 29.8.2016). So, what do I get from updating it?

20. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4499549#post4499549

Should You Use the Hardware Drivers Windows Provides, or Download Your Manufacturer’s Drivers?

http://www.howtogeek.com/191405/sho...vides-or-download-your-manufacturers-drivers/