Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I'm curious how did you decoded all those parameters?

2. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

i think thats the last thing in the mashup mod and then it is done right?

3. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Currently testing E3 Environment lighting, and I noriced a strange bug for the T.V.'s:

(The E3 lighting makes the Npc's faces look normal, rather than extremely saturated in vanilla)

[​IMG]

4. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

Hey i saw that bug when i was using modiac's environmental lighting too. you can ask him if he knows a fix for it. because it is not only at TVs it is at the sea shore or the beach when the sun is rising or something but i dont remember.

5. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Does anyone know how to change shadow colour in the Environment lighting settings? Trying to get Relaunch lighting's shadows to be black.

EDIT: nevermind, found out myself.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  6. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Soo I found a way to get the lights to be on all the time and be intense to see them:

[​IMG]

7. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Black dots are caused by wrong selLuminanceComputationMethod parameter.

Set it back to GPU average.

8. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    It fixed itself when I changed other values in Windy_City.game.xml

9. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Can anyone help me with getting the E3 clouds into the game?

10. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

why do you want the lights to be light on day time?

11. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    That is how it was in the relaunch build (ps4 premier build).

The ps4 premier build quality is achieveable since the game was slightly downgraded in that gameplay (besides obvious things like volumetric clouds, and that smoke above the water), for instance: subsurface scattering was disabled, most of the files for relaunch is still in the game (besides bloom), and the relatively okay performance with the settings.

It's the same reason I'm trying to get compact, intense bloom. As well as asking about the relaunch clouds.

12. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    What exactly makes you think that the relaunch build was downgraded already from the initial demo in 2012?

13. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    You can notice a lot of things, for one thing, is the fact that it uses completely different settings than e3 2012's files, the complete lack of subsurface scattering for characters , the use of the less performance intensive focus which was kept in vanilla, relatively low quality character shading (the couple on the dock have very bright faces, like in release), etc.

While using the relaunch files, and applying a green filter, recording a video, then compressing the video while using the settings can yield impressive results.

I'll send some comparisons after the new year, in the mean time, can somebody help me with getting intense, compact bloom for daytime, to match relaunch's bloom?

14. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

pfff when will this mod be released i am so boooored and hyped for it at the same time.

15. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I'm trying to get the PS4 premiere look too, except the exposure behaviour. I prefer vanilla exposure because there are some places in the game where it's too dark when using E3/Relaunch lighting. It needs to switch from dark to bright faster. Though there might be a way to adapt the E3 exposure behaviour by increasing Probe Scale but it makes all the shadows brighter. But it's just my theory, I never tested it.

As for the Clouds - when setting fCloudy to 0.2 in windycity.xml it gives similar look when used with my new Sky during morning.

I already finished the compact bloom for my E3 Lite mod v2.3. It's very close to PS4 demo. For night time I kept vanilla Clear Bloom intensity.
    Here's the comparison (look at the car windshield): http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5362566&postcount=1089

Though I adopted this bloom for my environment lighting which means it may look different with E3/Relaunch lighting.

Also the fog color depends on the Sky and Clouds colors. So I had to tweak the clouds.lib to remove yellow fog during that time of day from PS4 premiere.
    But I noticed in my mod it's too blueish now compared to PS4 demo but it's becuse my sky is completely blue during that time of day and the Clouds intensity (curvePlaneShapeIntensity and curveRingShapeIntensity) is lower than in vanilla. Changing the clouds color to pure White is not helping.

16. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I found that the sky from Danvsw's mod gives similar fog to the ps4 premiere.

17. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Because there are no clouds, and E3 sky is white on the sun side during that time of day.

18. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    That's some nice work on the E3 lighting so far guys, I'm looking forward to seeing it looking polished and like the original in the future.

Looking back, someone asked about doing a mod on the driving camera, seeing as it was closer during many of the early demos. I'd definitely like to see this as well, as it looked a lot better then. If anyone's thinking about working on that, I might know where to start. If you've ever stolen a police car, you might notice that the camera is much closer than it is on all of the other cars. My theory is that they left it in there for the police cars because they didn't think people would steal them (the original camera settings that is). Maybe it's as simple as copying over the camera from those cars (I believe it's just the normal police cars, not SUVs) and call it a day? If anyone tries, be sure to post back results.

19. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Oh, yeah you're right. I just noticed that right now.

Also, relaunch's sky also makes the fog orange at the time of day we're speaking of. Strange...

20. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

so when will the mashup mod release? you said you will make a comparison or something today. HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: