WTF with BF1 crossfire?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mao5, Dec 28, 2016.

1. mao5

mao5 Guest

with 16.12.2, one 7970 can get 60-80 fps at 2K resolution and low graphics setting in MP, with 2x 7970, I can get the same frame rates in MP, but a lot of stutters everywhere.

WTF, the red driver team still can't fix the crossfire problem in BF1?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
  2. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    fixed that for you :)

Can't wait to finally chin off crossfire and get a 1080ti or Vega is it's good.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    is it my English or the fixed version might be understood as more apologetic,

as in: crossfire working in many games, but not in every single game :banana:

4. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Set post processing to medium. Everything above will mess with the scaling.

5. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    odd, i mean i dont grab new AAA titles when they launch(in a beta or even alpha state) but, all the games i have that need dual cards to run at 4k, run just fine one one card at 1080 or 1440...rarely do i run into a title i cant get working with CF if the game needs CF...

my buddy whos got SLI actually complains more about sli then i do cf, but thats because he plays ALOT of titles that will never see an official profile for sli or cf...

they apparently are working on doing better with cf though, was reading they have been working on adding more stock profile options, and may even be working on adding super tile mode and scissor mode back..since AFR is far from the optimal solution in many cases.

for example, back in the day, i would run my o 6870's in cf and, some titles wouldnt run worth a **** in any mode but tile mode, and tile mode rarely gave a large boost to max fps, but it did an amazing job of bringing min fps up ;)

6. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    This isn't crossfire problem. I just bought Nvidia GTX 1080 and my i7 4770k@4.5GHZ still struckling to keep up, but I get lot more better FPS thou. It is about how the game has been made.

7. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Can you post some links where you read that, please?

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Here I get crashes in DX12 mode. No other game does that.

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I have the same issue.
    290x and Fury both crash in DX12 regardless of driver used.

I can reset all video settings.
    It will launch once in DX12, once I exit the game and try to relaunch it crashes every time.
    Only game DX12 does not work for me.

10. learners permit

learners permit Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt
    Main reason I never buy games at initial release is too many issues until proper patches are implemented. SOOOOO annoying!:bang: