16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by user1, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    No, since it's an incompatible WDDM model

2. gamervivek

gamervivek Guest

GPU:
    HIS/4850/512MB
    Can't get it to install on a 6870 system, booted into test mode to disable driver signature enforcement but still no luck. The install log just shows 'fail' for the display driver.

3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    test mode doesn't work the same way as it did with win 7,there are additional security checks for windows 10. reboot into disable driver signature enforcement mode then install. The actual kernel modules are signed, so once installed windows won't reject the driver.

4. gamervivek

gamervivek Guest

GPU:
    HIS/4850/512MB
    Thanks for the reply, got it to work but had to install just the display driver first though now the HDMI won't install but that's not a big problem.

5. ExDeF

ExDeF Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6770M
  6. elobdulio

elobdulio Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire Radeon HD 6850
    Hi there guys. I still have problems. (I have two HD 6850, crossfire).

I installed Windows 10 but these drivers don't work (I can install the Radeon Settings but not the other part, the AMD driver itself). I always get this message:
    [​IMG]
    I tried with update 4, 3 and 1. I disabled driver signature with CMD ('bcdedit /set testsigning on') and restarted like this but nothing changed. I don't have UEFI so Secure Boot is not the problem.
    If I ty to install just the Display as gamervivek said, I get this:
    [​IMG]
    What can I do?

Thank so much.

ps: thank you Watcher for your help but that version didn't work. (I'm not able to send private messages yet)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  7. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    what version of windows are you using

8. elobdulio

elobdulio Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire Radeon HD 6850
    [​IMG]
    This one.

Thanks!!

9. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Is it 32bit or 64bit windows?

also you can try disabling fast boot along with driver signature enforcement. if that still doesn't work not much i can suggest other than a fresh install of windows 10.

10. elobdulio

elobdulio Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire Radeon HD 6850
    64 bit. I'll try. Thank you very much, user1.

11. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    In case anyone wants a fully working Video tab in the 16.9.1 Radeon Settings app. https://rbfi.io/dl.php?key=/VEFT/B305648.zip (65mb)
    Drop and replace files from the archive here: folder_with_1691MOD\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B305648

Works fine with 16.9.1MOD from the OP (16.101.X with radeonsettings 16.9.1) on Win10 x64. Basically those files are taken from the original 16.101 drivers. You will need to do a clean reinstall of the drivers after you replace dlls of course. Doesn't work with the latest modded 16.12 Radeon Settings.
    http://i.imgur.com/X7hdXP4.png

Obviously OpenCL is broken with these dlls.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  12. elobdulio

elobdulio Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire Radeon HD 6850
    I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and it worked, user1! Thank you so much!

I thought that when I disabled driver signature it was disabled forever, I didnt thought I should do that every time.

Anyway now Origin is bothering but at least I could install these drivers.

Thank you so much again!

-------------------------------

By the way, have you installed Origin? Because whenever I install a game, Origin changes my driver.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  13. vomba

vomba Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    I can't seem to install update4 on w10 7670m, i've disable uefi, fast boot, entered test mode, but still not working.

14. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Can't play videos in browser or universal apps. HD5470m, w10x64. Is it a known problem?

15. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    dxva has issues, though dxva being broke is not unique to this driver, dxva is a mess on almost all platforms, i recommend turning off hardware acceleration in general on chrome and firefox, infact I'm pretty sure all the latest offical drivers are blacklisted for hwaccel on chrome /firefox and edge, i believe the only reason there are issues with this driver is that they aren't on the blacklist.

16. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Yes, but I use to play twitch apps and they worked flawlessly with default driver using hw acceleration (cpu 2-5%).

17. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP

I did some testing, all of the va libs from the 15.201 branch have problems with web browsers, dxva works fine in vlc but in chrome/edge it doesn't work properly. unfortunately you need the va libs from the 15.201 branch in order to get the proper opencl for non gcn cards.

I have tested the default libs for 16.101 and they do not have the issue so i will be making yet another repack(g) of crimson 16.10.3/16.9.2 with no opencl but with video tab and better dxva at somepoint,

In the meantime you can use the libs posted by windrunnerxj earlier if you don't care about opencl and want a quick solution.

18. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    16.101.X repack with radeon settings 17.1.1 dxva-nocl [WIP]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a52r6grhh...adeonset_17.1.1_Jan30_dxva-nocl_[WIP].7z?dl=0

This package adds reg binary data that enables the video tab,
    It appears to work fine using vlc , however I am not sure how other cards will be affected.

the reason the video tab didn't work prior seems to be a detection issue, radeon settings would normally make the reg binary data.
    bear in mind that i have enabled it globally for all cards, but it may not be the correct data for every card.

enabling the video tab on an opencl driver might be possible but i don't really see the point and haven't tested it since dxva is broken on 15.201.X for web browsers

Only issue I have experienced is that clicking game profiles will cause radeon settings to crash but if they are deleted and recreated the problem goes away.

19. Burito

Burito Guest

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Hello. I have a hd6870 and the problem with the launch of the game Resident Evil7. it requires a new driver. game support steel Crimson 17.1.1, but I have it set here. he driver works .. but the game still does not start .. This problem of many. one below hd8000 series. Say what?
    ps/
    still does not want to open the window. Radeon additional setting. 0 attention. processes shows. and she does not go out the window. in the earlier parts of the video driver everything worked. (

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  20. vinyl

vinyl Active Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 8GB
    As always with your sets, well done and working superbly! Firefox isn't reporting about BL's anymore and it seems to be speedier with vids. Safe to assume H/W accell? I'm noticing some DX11 stuff now in about:support that i don't recall was there before... hmm.

Anyway like Burito's translator seems to be nearing EOL (lol!) i'm wondering if those tiny RX 460's are superior than the full-sized 6870's? Not to veer off topic, but it's relevant enough. Nice touch on the version reporting 17.1.1 for some new titles that say "hey there vinyl, it's time...." :bang:

EDIT: Woohoo new hdmi audio driver! Nice! I was checking wu catalog for that but i guess it's there now.

EDIT2: And video tab works! You're awesome man. Ty!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017