AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 (January 9 2017 edition) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    That's what bothers me the most. I filled multiple bug reports with details, and I've seen many people suffering from similar issues here. I'd rather see the issue as Known than install a driver and find out by myself it's not fixed.

I'm more confident in their ability to deliver good drivers when they acknowledge they have bugs.

2. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    So, what is the exact problem with Hawaii/Grenada gpus and this driver?

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Because the reference is $180, Im gonna put my water cooler cooler on it, not worried about an insane overclock either.
    Plus this is my 5th different 290(x).
    Ive had a Windforce 290 which I sold to get 2 GTX 670 4GBs for stupid cheap, XFX DD 290 xfire that both died, replacements were DD 290 and DD 290x, and now have a MSI Gaming 290x 4GB because I had to sell my FuryX that happens to work perfect with Relive for me friend.

Im using a single screen on my 290x and it does not make a damn difference. Ever since Relive my memory clocks are stuck in 3d clocks. always stuck at 1250 or 1300 even at idle. Ive used DDU to remove the driver. Deleted my after burner overclocks and it still happens. Worked perfectly fine before relive.

And lets keep it in perspective here, its holidays. Do you really think anyone is giving a damn about bug reports at the moment.
    I highly doubt this a lets ignore this bug and make people buy new RX gpus that are only 10% better then their R9 290 gpus.
    Lets be real here.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Oh, I do not doubt that the holidays are causing a delay. Just frustrated over the issue because I bought this card a year ago, and it's been super solid since, until now.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Im with you on that.
    Im pissed the most about not getting to use bordless freesync.
    Its a game changer on windows 10 store games like FH3 and Forza Apex.
    Other then the 290s that died, all of them have been very solid cards are were fantastic in xfire when I had them earlier this year.

It has to be an issue with Wattman for sure.
    Id be happy with a relive driver that has no wattman support for R9 290 users for now.

6. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    same wish here with 380

at least the possibility to choose to enable or not wattman for our cards

7. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Error 173 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since AMD Graphics Hardware Was Not Found

What the hell? I have Rx 480 and am just trying to install the newest driver.
    I used DDU to remove the previous version, restarted the PC, and now the installer tells me there's no AMD card?
    What's going on? What do I do?

8. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    DO you see the card in device manager?

I also heard that removing windows update KB3125574 (Windows 7) can solve the problem. (I just read that, so I'm really not sure if this is true or not)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  9. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Well, I do see the usual "Standard VGA adapter" thing just like always after using DDU.

Also when I try to update the driver manually from Device Manager (since the AMD installer wouldn't work), I get a BSOD. That's some seriously weird stuff.

Fortunately I had a restore point saved, so I could go back. That's where I tried to update the driver manually instead and got a BSOD.

This is also pretty much fresh Windows 7 installation...

10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    eh.. a BSOD on this is weird. Can you email the DDU logs (wagnard28@gmail.com) so I can check if there is something interesting.

Also, did you try your older driver that were working.

Also, if you zip your .dmp generated by the BOSD and that it is not too big, send it to me,ill check whats it is saying.
    EDIT: Seem like you are on windows 7, Ill check to try to remove KB3125574 if I were you.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016

11. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    KB3125574 is the big rollup update though. Why would I want to remove it? Any concrete info about this?

Dump sent.

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Here is the reference https://community.amd.com/thread/209778

13. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    You might wanna check your registry Octopuss, sometimes an obscure amd reference can faulup a new install.
    I find DDU does a really good job, but in such cases I make sure and check the registry manually, you never know...

14. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't know what to look for so I don't want to dig in there.

15. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Interestingly, this is not a problem on my wife's PC. Same Windows with same updates, different hardware obviously, but same type of card. No problems updating...

16. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Uninstalling the damn rollup update worked. I would really like to know what the hell the problem was, because it's just a bunch of updates packed together.

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Good to know it work, but sadly I dont know why. I only saw the same post that I a referenced earlier.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah if it's a rollup that's going to be a pain as you could install them each individually via manual mode or tools that allows manual downloading and installing of updates but there's like what? a few hundred or so updates for Windows 7 now so finding the exact KB number one that causes this problem would be a pretty tedious task.

Unless someone else has already done that work and there's some more information available via other sources.

Could also install the KB again now after the driver is installed and working but you might want to keep a restore point on hand just in case.

19. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
    Hmm lag but i edit cl on mem on moterbord an it help ,no more lags :)

20. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    10% at best, my buddy got a 480, tested it against his 290x with stilts bios and...perf was so close he took the 480back since, stilts bios drop the non-3d power use and clocks nicely.

biggest gap we saw was 8% and, thats with both cards at their bios stock...

can the card you have take stilts bios? if it can, you should flash it...my tri-x cards perform better, and use less power now...win/win ;)

i saw you fixed it with a windows patch, but, my suggestion would be what i did to my fathers system recently when it acted up in a similar way.

start>cmd rclick, run as admin, in the command prompt type "chkdsk /f" then, let it check after restart, you would be shocked how very minor repairs like "Drive bit map image" can fix all sorts of weird ****....

if /f finds anything run the same command again /r this time...do it before bed though, it will take some time to run...

restart into windows, run ccleaner and uncleaner (just the file clean DO NOT use ccleaners registry cleaner, it can in some cases cause weird random issues in vista/7/8/10...

then install driver.

that SHOULD do the trick if anybody else has the issue.

mine errored the first time on here with this driver, but, cleaning with ccleaner, then using wise registry cleaner deep scan, the driver installed no problem once i did that :)