Nvidia Hot fix driver 376.48

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PurSpyk!!, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    It isn't present in Nvidia Inspector for me for some reason. I installed the 376.48 drivers cleanly. Are you certain that it isn't a custom profile you created yourself or perhaps the profile was in drivers you installed them over?
    Or maybe it's a profile update from GeForce Experience which I don't use, since it likes to replace my profiles with custom settings with default ones.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Seems to be fixed for the most part. Still have an odd thing with this game when I will randomly fly into the sky while using any vehicle.

3. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No profile on my system either.

4. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Could you export the profile via NVidia inspector and post it here?

5. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Driver runs great and seems too have the same Nvidia Control Panel responsiveness as the windows update driver from a few days ago.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    oh almost forgot about this driver,

So 376.09 to 376.48 anyone?

I see both are R376, so this is good., I didn't like R375_00, happened few times in the past that side branch ran smoother/better.

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I think that it is due to a human nature - to build a model of anything in their head based on whatever information at hands (no matter true or false).
    I worked as a programmer in 4 companies where source version control systems were used and all these companies have different approaches to a branch structure and life cycle.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so much for Nvidia actual making profile for Skyrim SE ><

if what is said on Nvidia forums this profile came threw GFE and not actual in the drivers

And it I anit install no GFE to get profile that should be in the drivers.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    after installed GFE & obtained Skyrim SE profile u can delete it.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Positive. I don't have the game and I don't use GFE. This a clean install after using DDU.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You don't need to install GFE to get profile updates. You do need to install the driver via custom setup without removing "bloat" from it.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I use 7zip to extract the archive to folder and manual click setup to do the install. I dont remove anything from the extracted folder. When I install drivers I use custom install for Drivers and physx only + clean install + DDU before all this, I will only upgrade off the 357.70 when I know for sure there is skyrim se profile built into the drivers.

of are you refering to http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4624931&postcount=1
    That dont seem to work anymore

Not installing GFE just to get a profile also GFE will never be install on my system it has nothing I want or would use. to me it just bloat I dont need.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  13. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't how many feel this way, but I'm with tsunami231 on this thought.

I don't need gfe, I don't want gfe. I have absolutely no use for this program. And see no reason I should be forced to use/install it.

And don't get me started on this telemetry thing.

Until nVidia pulls their collective heads out, I'll remain on the 375.70's as they work on everything I play.

14. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
  15. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Yea, next card will probably be amd for me.

16. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    if RX 490 got almost same performance with GTX 1080Ti

17. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    then you should be getting the profile updater. that's how I install drivers as well, and have the profile updater running fine. just driver and physx selected during installation.

18. beseitfia

beseitfia Guest

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    Hi guys, did you see some improvements going from 376.19 to this driver in terms of stability or framerate? I Play mainly Battlefield 1 right now, and i'm interested about the performance specially in this game, i don't have any problems so if it's better with the new drivers i may update, if not i will stay with 376.19, wich i find the best ones so far.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nope, I have to do these changes

Code:
    <sub-package name="Display.Update" disposition="default">
        <constraints>
            <property name="Display.Driver!Feature.DisplayUpdate" level="silent" text="${{InstallBlockedMessage}}"/>
        </constraints>
    </sub-package>
    To get Nvidia update to show in install which installs profile updater alone with all the telemetry people been complain about.

And even when installed the profile "might" run daily but dont do anything nor does use any network check and downloading of new profile require it to hit the network which it dont. and there is also NO " update" in help like the above is supposed to do

Apparntly the NVbackend need to installed which only get installed if GFE is installed

With out doing the above there is no such profile installed anywere on my pc from nvidia

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Getting CTD in Horizon 3. Never had them before