Your worst product support experiences

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 164252, Dec 24, 2016.

1. I'll start this thread with terrible experience I've had with Rockstar support quite recently. You won't believe this :)

December 21, 2016 12:56 PM
    After the latest title update, extended shadows distance settings keeps resetting to 0 after you restart the game. You can see the issue here: https://youtu.be/llMMbqMuTkw

December 22, 2016 12:29 PM
    Hello xxxx, We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your game. In an attempt to resolve these issues, we would like to try resetting the local user profile settings for the game.
    You do not have to worry about losing any progress, as this simply clears some temporary files associated with the game.
    Please perform the following troubleshooting steps: - In your PC's "Documents" folder (C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents by default), delete or rename the "Social Club" folder.
    The files will be redownloaded the next time you start the game. If this does not resolve the issue, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
    Kral M. Rockstar Support

December 22, 2016 07:54 PM
    Hi, I've already tried that before creating this bug report. The video is the result after deleting both "Social Club" and "GTA V" folders and setting all settings again. (Don't worry I've backed up all saves before I did that)

December 23, 2016 01:20 PM
    Hello xxxx,
    We're sorry to hear that you're still having issues with settings in GTA Online. In an attempt to resolve these issues, we would like to try resetting the local user profile for the game.
    Deleting your local profile will not delete your Social Club account or any saved games. Signing into Social Club in-game while connected to the internet will recreate your local profile.
    Please follow these steps to do so:
    1. Hit the Home key to bring up the Social Club Overlay.
    2. Go to Settings.
    3. Under "Profile" select Delete Local Profile.
    4. Click Confirm.
    5. Sign in again using your email and password for the Social Club account that activated GTAV.
    If this does not resolve the issue, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
    Rene S. Rockstar Suppor

December 23, 2016 09:14 PM - ticket has changed to GTA Online BUG (WTF)
    Hi,
    1. I really don't understand why do you want me to reset my settings AGAIN. The video I posted is showing the bug AFTER resetting and DELETING my local profile and starting from scratch. I'm not that stupid to create a ticket without trying that first.
    2. This issue is NOT related to Online only, this graphical settings bug applies to Single Player as well.
    3. This issue began happening after the latest title update, it is a new bug.
    4. I'm not the only one having this problem, just spend a little more time using Google instead of sending me the same pointless recommendations.

December 23, 2016 09:23 PM
    Hello xxxx,
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    However, please send us a video of the issue that you are experiencing.
    If the video is too long to upload to this ticket, you could add an unlisted video to YouTube and provide us with a direct link.
    Once we have the video, we will be able to investigate this matter further. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
    Sidney P. Rockstar Support

December 24, 2016 01:42 PM
    Jesus, Sidney, really? Have you even bothered reading the whole communication???

THE LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO YOU WANT IS IN MY FIRST POST !!!

Just forward this ticket to somebody who can read!!! I'm really tired of this bull****. Since you don't care about your customers and you obviously do NOT WANT TO SOLVE anything, you can close it, I don't care anymore and I'm not buying ANY ROCKSTAR PRODUCT EVER.

BYE

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2016
  2. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Well maybe you could try to be a bit more respectful and just post the link again, now you're just being an ass. I agree that it's a bit clumsy but that's support in general. They don't put the 110+ IQ guys at the first line support :')

3. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    You think 4 days is an issue? I had a 4+ month ordeal with HP. They replaced the cracked back on my tablet (common design flaw) and sent the tablet back with and the wifi range was about 1 metre. I complained and sent it back, they said the wifi had no issues, I had to contact them again with a photo of all my other devices next to my router on full bars and my touchpad on 2/3, then again a metre away and it on one bar (everything else full) and again at 3 metres with it getting no wifi (everything else still full). They started ignoring my emails, hanging up the phone, ignoring me on facebook. They broke it during a repair.
    In the end I had to contact the CEO of HP and they shipped me a new tablet from the UK And told me to bin the other, anyway I opened it up and the whole wifi antenna was missing, so first of all they somehow knocked it out when replacing the back, then when I sent it back the second time for no wifi, they looked at it and didn't notice the whole wifi antenna missing...
    Anyway I got a spare from someone with a broken tablet and fixed it (although the screen isn't back on 100% properly), but it works as a spare.

My HTC experience took about 3 months and the phone was sent back 5 times, I can't remember the first few faults, but everytime it came back more broken, one time they sent it back and everytime you turned it on it got in a reboot loop, did they even test it? Another time was it couldn't connect to any mobile network so was useless as a phone, another time they sent back the brown phone with a black battery cover and memory card cover. For three months it was literally me sending it to them, they'd have it for 2+ weeks then send it back broken and I'd have to send it back to them again the next day, 5 times. Eventually my mobile network agreed HTC were incompetent and switched it for a Samsung Galaxy S2 which was a nice upgrade at the time.

Also you seem pretty rude, even with the ticket name, if I was them I'd be reluctant to help.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    agree, you were just a little bit too aggressive there. calm ur tits and try again :)

sometimes it can happen they re a bit slow with their brains, try ea those bitches dont even bother replying xD
    I was almost 2hrs waiting in live chat and in end i just closed the ticket and deleted that crap titanfall2 trial game.

5. Ticket name? Ticket name was "Grand Theft Auto - PC - Shadows Settings resetting" which they changed to "Grand Theft Auto Online - PC - Bug Report"

And also I was very polite until they became acting like idiots.

Well let's say my "idiot detector" became extremely sensitive over the last few years and this is not my first time with R* support.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2016
  6. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    I don't generally call product support cos they all waste our time. Most of the times they are helpless and they ask to go through variouis processes which atleast im tired off. If I have a failed product I just call the respective company, abuse them for the stupid product and its failure and keep on telling them till they feel that they and the company are sorry for launching a bad product and then I hang up...After that I take a hammer and destroy the product and order a new one.

Why I do this, is because I know and I understand that if there is no surety of human life how can there be surety of any product made by the humans...

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Funny you recommend that THEY should do that when in fact you would probably get a lot further with a solution had you tried to do that yourself instead of contacting the script reading monkeys at tech support and then acting like a total a*s when shock and horror the script reading monkeys couldn't solve the issue you were having.

You have the gall to say your 'idiot detector' has become over sensitive the last few years, reading your post I would suggest that's because you're getting more than a little feedback from yourself.

8. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Summer/Fall 2006.

Asus run-around with my Striker Extreme mobo.

Received the board first week of August, did not get a working replacement until the week before Christmas.

Have not, will not buy anything Asus again.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    OPs RS replies remind me of Microsoft Answers forums

Ask a question, get a copy/paste non related answer in return

Point out that they in no way answered the original question, get the identical reply again

Bot answers

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The fact that you expect Rockstar to fix a bug that's been around for over a year was your first mistake. Your second mistake was contacting their support department and expecting to get help with it.

11. I was not expecting to get help, I was expecting confirmation that the bug has been added to the R* buglist.

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    You expected them to tell you something that you never at ANY point asked the question for?

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I bought my GF a video camera for Christmas one year and she wanted some easy software to use to make videos to send to family. There was a great deal on the Nero suite at like 75% off so I bought it which turned out to be a huge mistake. I was auto signed up for the yearly renewal which I didn't even know about until the next year and then it was impossible to get in touch with their support because their store was outsourced to some other company that had no information anywhere. I ended up cancelling my credit card because I couldn't get them to stop billing me.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    For me, there have been too many horrible product/tech support experiences to list or detail. Instead, I'll just list the companies I've had bad experiences with...granted, some of these companies, I've also had good experiences with as well.

HP
    Emachines
    Dell
    Verizon Telecom
    Asus
    Gigabyte
    Microsoft
    Scamsung
    MSI
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Suzuki North America (thank god they went bankrupt...)
    Ford Motor Company...

Sometimes, it doesn't matter the level of "tech support".....the experience is horrible.

15. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    You might as well say all companies :') But I agree, my list is about the same. Every company has ****-ups and every company has that one employee that never does it right etc, it's the same everywhere. Although I have to give Dell an award for making my braincells scream suicide, man they absolutely suck when it comes to server and workstation support, and the tablets they released.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I had a similar experience with... Ubisoft, I think? For some reason I was directed there about issues with Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I had all sorts of issues with it at launch including not being able to play the game with an offline GFWL account.

I got 3 or 4 replies first suggesting some usual stuff like reinstall game and all replies stated "this game can be played in offline mode...".
    I told them 4 times my issue is I CAN'T play in offline mode (didn't have Internet at home at the time).
    Then just gave up and somehow got the game working eventually.

An example of surprisingly good tech support was Activision about Interstate 76.
    I got the game bundled with MS SideWinder Force Feedback joystick and couldn't get the Gold Upgrade to install no matter what.

Instead of posting trivial bs they were able to provide a solution immediately. The bundled version used a registry string with a different name than "vanilla" game so the upgrade couldn't detect the install.

They told me to rename the registry string (with step-by-step instructions anyone could follow) and voila!

This achievement goes unparalleled today. Diagnosing and successfully fixing an issue with the first reply!
    I ofc applauded them and the guy who replied.

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Typical whiny customer.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Extended shadow distance resetting after restart. Wow.. I can imagine your worlds about to fall apart. I guess living with it until an eventual fix is not an option.

All their support staff are probably bombarded with 1000s of help requests every day. I would hope any support offered follows a priority grading in which those with more serious issues get more attention. If every Joe Blow with ridiculously minor issues were to spam them with help requests, quality of their support system will likely be degraded. Maybe that is what you are seeing with Rock Star?

19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    (UK) Gigabyte's RMA helpline woman was worst I ever dealt with here in UK. This was for a 6800GTX card. Everything was cool until RMA passed and it was time to send me my new card. That woman was very rude and disrespectful. circa 2005. I sold that card asap after I got it back. Never bought from them again.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Shouting at support will get you nowhere. You lost them within a couple of messages. Try some respect, usually works better.

On topic, I've not really had a bad experience with anyone.