DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

It does seem slow but they really are adding a lot of stuff plus they're working on a lot of things in the background as well. Here's their roadmap for the rest of the year...

First Quarter

Basic vehicles
    Advanced loot distribution
    New renderer
    New Infected AI
    Basic stealth system (infected and animals)
    Diseases
    Improved cooking and horticulture
    Advanced anti-hack system (Dynamic BattlEye)

Second Quarter

Advanced vehicles (repair and modifications)
    Advanced animals (life cycle, group behaviour)
    Player statistics
    New UI
    Player stamina
    Dynamic events
    World containers
    New physics system

Third Quarter

Traps
    Barricading
    Character life span + soft skills
    Animal predators + birds
    Aerial transport
    Console prototype
    Advanced communication

Fourth Quarter

Animal companions
    Steam community integration
    Construction (base building)
    Beta version

I mean, that's a TON of stuff that I think we can assume they're working on all at once. Anyway, at least they're talking to us about the game, and updates are very consistent.

2. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Firing from the back of open vehicles was recently added to ArmA 3. DayZ will soon have this feature.

Yeah, I never go too long without playing DayZ, even if it's just to pop my head in and check out new features. It's probably my favorite game of all time.

Just finished up a long work weekend and looking forward to cracking a beer and jumping into experimental tonight. :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  3. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Watch your ass because there is always some KOS bastard like me just waiting to ruin your day.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok thanks for that.

Yeah once they get it into beta i think it will be very special, its certainly a game i will come back too and probably pump in around 500hrs straight away.

I put in 196hrs into the Alpha without playing anything else whatsoever, i couldnt put the game down when i first played it.
    Yeah its definitely one of my favourite games that will only continue to get better and better, so much has been added since i last played in feb 2014.

Lol brings back memories indeed. The tension you feel when scouting out an airfield on a fully manned server is unrivalled. Ive never felt tension like that in 35 years of gaming. DayZ makes you feel like no other game, very unique.

5. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Yeah the tension in this game is amazing. Hear my deep breaths? lol...

There really is nothing else like it.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Thread necro.

So what's new for 2016?

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Good question, haven't tried it for quiet a long time now.

At the store page about updates i saw a dog, i guess they've add dog companions.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    New engine with much better perf, zombies again threat only on exp. servers for now. v.0.60

9. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah the new renderer is out on experimantal, but there are hardly any servers so it's almost impossbile to get in.

10. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Finally managed to get in a server. Performance is greatly improved. 100+ fps in the wilderness and small towns. Only in big towns does the framerate drop below 60.
    I'm not a fan of the new fog though, makes the game constantly look washed out.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Couldn't find a single server when i tried to get in, i'll check it out when theres lots more servers.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Is anyone still playing this?

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Me and some friends tried it again but they ruined the game imo.

14. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I recently played Miscreated. It was a bumpy ride at first but the game is putting DayZ to shame. Feels great, run decent and is quite the looker. Even the UI spanks DayZ's.

15. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Idk why you guys are complaining, can't you see its an early access game? Jeeezzz

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Can I slap you please.

17. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I haven't played it in a long time. Very near-sighted of the DEV to not delay the standalone version and build it on ARMA3.

Last time I tried to play it the performance was still pretty bad. Not overly impressive for an engine that is basically 6-7 years old.

18. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Recent developments:

New DX11 renderer with occlusion culling (runs fantastic everywhere, including cities)

Audio engine from ArmA 3 implemented. Gunshots sound incredible, and distant gunshots will make you s#*t your pants when you're already sneaking around paranoid as f#*k.

Dynamic shadows

Network optimizations have decreased server load drastically. Desync has been imperceptible for me since the update, whereas it had been very problematic in all phases of the game (item interaction, melee, pvp firefights etc.).

Wolfpacks are in. They work well and they will tear you up.

60-man servers are already on stable branch, and 75-man servers are currently being tested on experimental branch.

Dynamic zombie spawning is allowing far more of them in populated areas, and none where there are no players, spending server resources only where they are needed. It's very possible to attract a horde of them now. They don't clip through walls or doors any more, and they can be kited into buildings and locked in. They do, however, jump fences and walls with a very nice animation. They also drop loot on occasion.

Virtually all of the cities, including Cherno, Elektro, and Berezino have been redesigned, with apocalypse-appropriate overgrowth and such.

.62 will see all new trees and foliage (current stable build is .61)

.63 will introduce the new player controller, which aims to streamline all player interactions/animations - effectively de-janking the controls.

The game isn't finished, but it's made great strides and is well worth playing if this is your kind of game.

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    IF 30-40 fps is your idea of runs fantastic in cities ill stick with arma for now

20. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    FPS on my end is usually floating above 70. That is with a gtx 970.