Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Im waiting for new Hotfix before Christmas :)

2. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    I was also getting artifacts in Assetto (mostly at Nords online, which I find the most picky), but lessening the OC seems to have solved it. These drivers seem more sensible on my 7970, but also could be due to a slot change that makes it run faster at 16x instead of 8x as before, and the gpu/mem craps sooner because it's working harder.

The flashing shadows on the windscreen are a "feature", that is more prominent on tracks with lots of trees under some weather/time combinations. Nords with foggy weather is a bad offender.

3. Flano

Flano Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 FURY X 4GB HBM
    which version of windows are you on? there was a vast, HUGE improvement for me w10 after AU update etc. .. its silky smooth, couldn't be more perfect using vertical sync and it runs like a dream.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  4. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    I'm not 100% sure that artifacting issues are always coming from graphics cards or drivers. I had artifacting with my 280x since day one. Until recently i found out that my ram was causing the artifacts. It's Kingston 2400 and i ran it at 2133 with xmp profile. I lowered it to 1866 and the artifacts are gone

5. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    thanks for the feedback maybe it's the same problem i noticed in far cry 4 but it's odd that with the old drivers all works fine

edit: have you lowered the gpu or the memory overclock?

6. Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd Member

GPU:
    Fury Nitro
    Guys, ALT-Z no longer brings up the reLive recording overlay for any of my uPlay games. The recording shortcuts don't work either.

The overlay is still working fine for my Steam and Origin games. I've no idea what's happened or changed. Have reported to AMD but has anyone seen this before or any ideas on how to fix?

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Something is a missmatch there. System ram frequency has nothing to do with artifacting. If its unstable it fails, that is all.

Some of the latest drivers improved some overclocking on my 280X. Im stable at 1170mhz and i was artifacting even at 1165mhz couple of months ago. That could be the mistery behind it.

8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Both... but it's GPU related as higher vram clocks stress it more, so it can fail under low vram values (14xx). I've been around my stock volt OC because a recent system change requires me to find my baselines again before upping voltage, and this 7970 is very limited due to 1.050v default voltage (high ASIC). So it's either doing fine in any other game or >1h of Heaven 4.0 at 1050/1575, or being at the limit of having artifacts at Nords Online in AC at ~1025/1475. It's the only particular game/situation that causes me trouble.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Does anyone get weird artifacts with portraits missing in StarCraft 2?

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I disagree with over a decade of oc and hardcore gaming in my exp vram and ram have almost equal responsibility over instability and artifacts reproduce. Just it is less often to blame ram, usually there are some standards in their specs. :)

11. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
  12. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    general stability improvements LOL

i want to see the changelog if they say something like that the 16.12.1 were only for the rx family

13. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    i've build that system all together before 3 or 4 years. all that time i had artifacts in some driver updates but not with some others or many/less or whatever. since the day i set ram to 1866 artifacts are gone and the system is more stable overall. sisoft was 21xx at 2133 and now at 1866 is 20xx. it's not always about capability of ram kits. the memory controler of the fx 9590 supports up to 1866mhz ddr3. 6700k up to 2133mhz ddr4 and so on.
    it's not impossible to set higher frequencies but it's not guarandeed that it's gonna be stable also. in my case it gives me artifacts and the system works like there is some input lag or something. now i can tell you everything works better. it's not the first time i experience this. it has happened before. i'm not new to pcs and overclocking. everything works in chain

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The 16.12.2 page is no longer redirecting to the "Not found." page but instead throws a "Not authorized" error, should hopefully be live within a few hours at most. :)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-16.12.2-Release-Notes.aspx

EDIT: Unsure if you could grab the driver files early, guessing that unless the naming has changed if you took the 16.12.1 driver and changed to 16.12.2 and then tried any date from the 8th to the 20th one of them should be it.
    (Would need the AMD webpage as the referee or how it's called or it'll error out.)

That would be this:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-16.12.1-Release-Notes.aspx

with

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.1-Dec7.exe

As anything from

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.2-Dec8.exe

to

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.2-Dec20.exe

15. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I just got XFX 480 triple x 8gb version for my friend. I will use it for couple weeks. What is the recommendation about what to watch or any ideas?
    I see the new driver is coming out. I will install the card tomorrow. Still very cold :D

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ah, cant you just like keep it and finally get rid of that Fermi card? :D

17. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Nope :D
    I like my fermi :D Tonight i am still playing on my nvidia. I know it is hard to believe it.

18. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    16.12.2 ... it's live

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Someone's bound to make a new topic shortly but...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-16.12.2-Release-Notes.aspx

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    So crossing 16.12.1 with 16.12.2:

Known issues->

A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.

Radeon Settings may not show display details for connected displays in AMD X-Connect technology mode.

These are new.

AMD FreeSync™ technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background. A workaround if this issue is experienced is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on non-primary extended displays.

This is gone, well technically still there but a bit less now.

ReLive issues->

Radeon ReLive may experience recording issues or issues toggling the Overlay/Toolbar when Frame Rate Target Control is enabled. Users are suggested to disable Frame Rate Target Control when using Radeon ReLive.

DOTA™2 may experience game corruption when performing a task switch while recording with Radeon ReLive in AMD Multi GPU configurations.

In AMD Multi GPU configurations the secondary graphics product will exit BACO when Radeon ReLive is enabled.

Mouse cursor may stutter in recorded video when there is limited on screen activity outside of minor mouse movement.

These are gone, fixed?