Nvidia Club GeForce Elite and GTX 1080 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In a job-opening at Linked-in Nvidia mentions some information on Club GeForce, an Elite loyalty program where gamers can get free game codes. Also the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is mentioned in the descript...

Nvidia Club GeForce Elite and GTX 1080 Ti

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Good news , seems that the GTX 1080Ti will be a reality , maybe nvidia knows something that we don't know yet about AMD Vega and are preparing to counter act with this gpu , let the battle for price to performance begin ... Good and exciting times ahead.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    And also likely very expensive times ahead, heh although it will be nice to have something more "definitive" to upgrade to, finally. :D

Both for GPU and CPU side whether it's AMD's "Vega" or Nvidia "Pascal" on the GPU side of things or AMD's "Zen" or Intel's various "Lakes" or how to group all those together, on the CPU side. :p

4. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Overclocked, should be around 1070 SLI performance. Hopefully Vega is faster otherwise a hybrid 1080 Ti is in order. Pascal can only max out <= 50c.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    +1 I agree Hahaha ... :giggle2: exactly my same thought ,prepare the wallets !

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I don't understand why there was even any doubt there would be a GTX1080Ti, it's obvious one was coming. However, I also suspect within 4-5months of GTX1080Ti coming out Volta will be revealed. I'm certain Volta will be with us 2017 June latest.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    There may be more information about Volta in June, but I don't think it's launching till the end of next year. Both Xavier and HPC stuff are slated for Q3/Q4. I also don't really know how much Volta is going to bring to the table - there was rumors it was a massive redesign, but recently the rumors just say its a refined Pascal that focuses more on the HPC side of performance (INT8/FP16/Etc).

There isn't going to be a die shrink for it, as far as we know (although Nvidia is testing 10nm chips internally - most likely for Tegra) so unless there are some significant perf/w improvements, they can't really tack a bunch more cores on.

8. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    This is what I predicted from the beginning. There is no way that AMD can let Nvidia have the top spot for 7 months before they want to bring something to the table. What were the people thinking when they said Vega will crush the GTX 1080? It was obvious from the start that Nvidia will have something on the table 7 months after GTX1080 when Vega gets released. I don't say that Vega will be a failure, I just personally think AMD is in a very tough spot this time around. Hopefully Vega will blow us all away, but I still say they missed the time for this round. AMD should have brought Vega with Polaris and it would have been much easier for them. Anyway let's come Jan-Feb and see what happens.

9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I smell a GFE hard sale coming.

Making GFE somewhat like Uplay/Origin where people just gonna install it for the freebies.

That's what i got out of all this. They are looking for a way to make GFE palatable.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    If that's so, then, it's gonna have to be price-cuts.

Their SP numbers suggest VEGA could perform upto 50% faster than GTX1080. However, we all know that Nvidia get more performance out of less Tflop numbers in comparison to AMD. If VEGA can achieve say even 20% more than GTX1080 for £50-100 less, then, they have a winner, for a while at least.

I reckon due to in-coming competition, GTX1080Ti will not surpass £800. Likely something like £720~ for basic model.

11. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    unless nvidia drop prices of pascal and stop messing with the drivers , geforce club sounds like a kids playgroup i can see amd taking over AMD-FTW

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I look forward to seeing there deep ass drilling prices

13. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Considering that 1080 have 180W TDP, they can probably add more shaders easily. If they went for 250W for 980Ti, they can easily add like 50% more shaders to match TDP of 980Ti.

I hope that GFE with this wont end up like raptr since I will switch to ""nV fanboy" as soon as I have need for newer drivers or better card :D

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Over the Ti..

Obviously when Volta launches the 1080Ti is going to already be out at 250w.

15. designerexpert

designerexpert Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB
    I can see them pushing the GFE agenda as far as Limiting anyone wanting to purchase the Ti products to members of the GFE club only, this could help them maintain control over their market share while giving a sense of exclusivity. But in the end the best performer product will take the spoils :) I really hope AMD pushes the boundaries again, because it looks very tough to beat Pascal at any level at this point. I might upgrade to a 1080Ti next year.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm sure they won't sell it for 1000€, still don't see any reason why they would do that.
    Why do the same pattern each generation only to break the pattern this generation?

17. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I think this is the part of the new driver development from jan or feb.
    I hope it will be a good news to everyone. Nvidia's management realized this driver development method does not working out. 3-4 teams are developing drivers and features plus bug fixing. It may sounds good but leads to many fixed bug/s in one branch has introduced unfixed into the other one which has been released after it. Basically , teams are cannot really coop and leads to way many issues and problems. This will be changed from jan or feb. Sooner is better. Some personal changes will be carried out as well, as i have learned.

18. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Really, was there ever any doubt? This is the most unsurprising news, but at least its nice that it will silence the people who keep going on about how the TI is not a sure thing.

It was always a sure thing, but I've stated that on here ad nauseum.

19. Dellers

Dellers Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti Trio
    Kind of expected, but I'm also expecting prices to be up 30% from last generation. I hope I'm wrong, but if not I'm not interested. Even following inflation would mean a considerable price increase considering how expensive the dollar has become.

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The news is they will follow AMD in upping the ante when it comes to social networks marketing, customers loyalty programs and interaction with their fanbase.
    Lame, but understandable.

Especially after that soccer mom has been given a stage at AMD's Vega Star Wars demo.