Tom Clancy The Division - DX12 patch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Many people are, it's likely why they actively monitored responses and amended accordingly.

I'm not usually a fan of the type, but this has been the exception.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    DX: Mankind Divided does at least. Not sure about ROTTR or FH3 or BF1.
    So not many either way .

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Nice that it got DX12 support added. :)
    Probably one of the games my friends play almost as much as BF.
    As for feeling let down by missing graphics and features from the pre release videos, I didn't even see them before I started to play endgame content, I can see that some things would be nice to have but the lack doesn't really take the fun from the game itself.
    Heck, some of us even had great fun with the single player campaign in Watchdogs while others think that it is the worst game ever. ;)

4. nucllear

nucllear Guest

GPU:
    x2 GTX 1080
    No SLI suport for DX12 :/

5. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well like I said, the graphics (the possible detail) doesn't seem downgraded to me. The only thing that they did do was reduce clutter/stuff being rendered on scene, there were arguably more cars, small details, etc on the streets.

The only thing I truely miss from the trailers from time to time, is the atmosphere, both sound and visuals were much darker and grim imo.

8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I downloaded the game for the free weekend trial.
    Can not enable DX12. Does not allow me too, and there is no benchmark 0.0.
    The game looks fantastic! Absolutely hammers my 290x. Its pretty fun so far.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Yes, this.. I always hoped they would bring it back with each new update.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I think someone said to run in windowed/borderless in order dx12 to work (or otherwise) check it out.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Interesting. The best thing about The Division for me is the atmosphere. New York at Xmas, day/night cycle, skyscrapers and snow, Xmas decks, just love it. Pretty f*cked up too in places, if you pay attention to the story.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I've played it now for good 2-3hrs and its still there, but originally it was at least 2x more "intense".
    Now its as if it has more compression and toned down lighting a bit - softer and lighter.. Its still ok though, but not perfect like it was originally.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Keep going...

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nothing more to add to that.

Only this, I might buy it now if I can go to Manhattan, atm I can't, someone said I need to buy to go there?

if its in separate dlc then I'll skip.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Alright Ill try that after Ash vs Evil dead is over.

I was running fullscreen for freesync cause I cant use 16.12.1 sadly. Bordless freesync is effin amazing on that driver.

Still cant enable DX12. Very odd. Says Windows 10 is required and so is a restart.
    Im on Win 10X64 all up to date.

Benchmark showed up.
    Cant believe my 290x is pulling 50 fps on all high/ultra settings @ 3440x1440.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016

16. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    Look... if you are going to do nothing except complain about Ubisoft. Please stop posting and make your own thread.

We are discussing only Division here. And in reference to you saying I think all ports from Ubisoft are good. I never said that. I said "this" port is good. I don't care about WD2 or any other game they made. I play Division, so that is what I am interested in reading about, and seeing what others have to say about The Division with the latest DX12.

regarding SLI not working in DX12, personally I think that SLI never worked in the division in the first place. Did anyone else get very little performance gain or was it just me? I think I saw 10/15 fps gain at most.

17. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    The Divison 4k benchmark

I always play games @ 4k resolution, this time with the DX12 patch I tried running the benchmark of The Division. I came out at an average of 35 frames/sec. Despite everyone says a game is unable to play normally with this low fps, it still is. It's a long time ago I saw this E3 trailer, but imo there isn't such a big difference between the graphics in benchmark mode and the actual in-game graphics when you compare it to the original trailer. At least when you run the game in the 4k resolution. I also played it at my Xbox One and there is no doubt about it, it looked like running at an system that I build 4 years ago. When I've a screenshot of the settings and benchmark result's I'll post it here. :)

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I agree, the best parts are when freeroaming the city and seeing sunrise light up the abandoned streets.

Second best part is shooting a Ckeaner's tank and watch him panic and go kaboom... :D

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idk, thats strange. Make sure you have latest W10 build.

Also, 290X is still a beast and its ahead of 980 in this game. 480 is also ahead of 1060. Im sure if dx12 was working you would getting even higher results.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Remember to click on Apply Settings after enabling DX12, after the popup about restarting the game.
    Otherwise it will revert to DX11 when restarting.