GeForce Game Ready Driver 376.33 WHQL download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    I've heard this driver solves some security breachs

CVE-2016-8821

NVIDIA Windows GPU Display Driver contains a vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgDdiEscape where improper access controls may allow a user to access arbitrary physical memory, leading to an escalation of privileges.

CVSS Base Score: 8.8
    CVSS Temporal Score: 7.7
    CVSS Vector: CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:U/RL:O/RC:C

CVE-2016-8822

NVIDIA Windows GPU Display Driver contains a vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgDdiEscape ID 0x600000E, 0x600000F, and 0x6000010 where a value passed from a user to the driver is used without validation as the index to an internal array, leading to denial of service or potential escalation of privileges.

CVSS Temporal Score: 7.9
    CVSS Vector: CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:p/RL:O/RC:C

CVE-2016-8823

NVIDIA Windows GPU Display Driver contains a vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgDdiEscape where the size of an input buffer is not validated leading to a denial of service or possible escalation of privileges.

CVE-2016-8824

NVIDIA Windows GPU Display Driver contains a vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgDdiEscape where improper access controls allow a regular user to write a part of the registry intended for privileged users only, leading to escalation of privileges.

CVE-2016-8825

NVIDIA Windows GPU Display Driver contains a vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgDdiEscape where the size of an input buffer is not validated, leading to denial of service or potential escalation of privileges.

CVE-2016-8826

NVIDIA GPU Display Driver contains a vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys for Windows or nvidia.ko for Linux) where a user can cause a GPU interrupt storm, leading to a denial of service.

CVSS Base Score: 6.5
    CVSS Temporal Score: 5.9
    CVSS Vector: CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:N/A:H/E:p/RL:O/RC:C

[​IMG]

2. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    They uninstall GeForce Experience 2.11.4 for me every time.
    Clean install not ticked.
    Custom install selected.
    GPU driver and PhysX driver selected.
    3D driver, HD audio, GeForce Experience etc not ticked.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, now I understand. It's how the installer always worked. If you don't want to install some component - it will uninstall it if it's installed right now.

4. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    5% to 10% decrease fps in BF1 for me versus former WHQL version 376.19

5. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    When did these appear ?
    I never noticed them before.

Scheduled Tasks
    [​IMG]upload image

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I checked and found those on mine too. I don't have GFE installed or use SLI so I dunno what those profile update tasks are even there for.

7. Jeggu

Jeggu Member

GPU:
    ASUS Strix RTX 4090
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  8. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Thx, I had clearly missed these before.

All of this kind of stuff from things as innocent as updating a GPU driver using the official Nvidia installer is clearly getting out of hand. I hate to think how much of this crap people not so tech savvy has running on their pc's.

9. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 OC

Its the spyware/telemetry/data collection crap, that gets installed with the last few drivers, if you do not extract the driver package and remove all crap like shown on the screenshot of my previous post.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  10. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Like 376.19 bf1 lost 10-20 fps and runs with some stutters, 376.09 are the latest drivers working fine in bf1 for me.

11. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Hi grabibus, you have a really powerfull pc right there,
    a Core i7-5930K at 4,6GHz and a GTX TITAN X.

May i ask is your TITAN a maxwell or pascal gpu?
    since we should have similar performance at 1080p (that is my native res) if yours is a maxwell.

Bf1 is the only game i am playing at the moment at ultra settings 1080p with no resolution scale.
    How did you come to a conclusion that you got a 5% to 10% decrease fps?

Well with BF1 it is hard to estimate fps especially in multiplayer where the cpu matters most,
    only if you replay a story mission you can get a rough idea of fps differences.

I personally don't care if a lose a couple of fps in BF1 as the game runs around 120 average fps,the only thing that i was upset about is the graphics downgrade.
    which actually is if you had noticed the differences before the update and after.
    Still looks amazing though!!

Any way back on topic seems like a very solid driver with no issues to report so far running Win 10 pro fully updated.

12. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Wow!! 10-20 fps less?
    I get some stuttering as well i think i will rollback to 376.09 to see if it goes away.
    BTW what settings are you playing with? DX11 or DX12 Exclusive fullscreen or borderless window mode?

13. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    WTF is going on? I just tried to run the tom clancy’s the division and it allows me to change into DX 12 mode with the latest driver(this one :D ). After the restart of the game , i got the error with the following: Setting up the render failed. You might be trying the run the game on unsupported hardware or may need to reinstall drivers .Very strange. I didn't even used the 358.70 driver.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNqZ5ecrXpc

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  14. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I was like it is my imagination but now many users are reporting the same. 10-20 fps loss with the new driver. Not nice at all. :bang:

From 130-150 area i got down to 10x-13x area. I am glad i made those video recordings.

edit: Just made a very quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNqZ5ecrXpc&feature=youtu.be

15. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    GTX means maxwell for TITAN X.
    It is overclokced at 1440MHz for the core and 2000MHz for the GDDR5 in BF1.

I had noted the values of the fps in some maps at certain places.
    On one map I could notice going from 110fps (With 376.19) to 90fps (With 376.33) at the same place

On other maps I coudl notice same phenomena.

I play 2560x1440 resolution with ultra settings and DX12.

Apparently, I am not the only one to notice a performance decrease in BF1 with this new drivers set.

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Why are you in Dx12 mode?

From what i understand and my own results Dx12 gives greater variance in fps.
    Dx11 seems much smoother/steadier fps IMO.

17. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Not for me.

18. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Just tested BF1 dx11 exclusive fullscreen, res 1080p and i can confirm i also have noticed a performance decrease in BF1 with these drivers .
    I lost around 20 fps and gpu usage wasn't stable it fluctuated between 87 to 99%.

Went back to 376.09 and performance was back to normal with gpu usage at 99% all of the time.
    Both drivers tested with prefer maximum performance in Nvidia Controll Panel.

I will be sticking with 376.09 until next driver set...

EDIT: This is a bit off topic but i think it is useful for members knowing the actual conditions of the GPU for each driver test.
    (as well as what version of Windows you are using 7, 8 ,8.1 ,10)and if its UEFI/GPT or Non UEFI/NTFS-based install even on a fully UEFI supported motherboard.

I have my STRIX GTX 1070 overclocked only on the Core to 1900mhz (GPU-Z reading) actual 2050 settles at 2038 while gaming ,
    as well with temps at around 56c (ambient temp 19c).
    Samsung memory fully stable at + 900 actual 9.600mhz gives me a Bandwidth of 307.5GB/s .

With GPU Tweak II 0dB Fan turned off uses Asus default fan curve witch starts at 38%.
    BF1 tested with and without overclock (i always leave the memory at default) default.

19. skizzo

skizzo Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

ManuelGuzman told me they were able to reproduce the problem will be solved soon.

[​IMG]

20. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Similar here, but 1440p resolution, dx11 full screen, max perfomance, allways arround 100+fps, with those 2 latest drivers 70-90, and core clock dont oc like usual. I using the oc values of the guru3d review of my card.The real problem is not lose those fps, is the sttuters and no fluid gameplay.