Tom Clancy The Division - DX12 patch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ubisoft these days do nothing to PC gamers that other platforms don't get worse, the online drm is now gone and the cinematic experience comment was in relation to the 30ps cap on the PS4 etc.. no such cap existed on the PC.

They also seem to have ditched the dodgy Eastern European devs for the PC port, likely down to improved sales over the last few years.

The Division is a good game and performs really well, I imagine it would be even better if you play it properly and with friends though.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I think you'll find this thread is about The Division, not UbiSoft in general.

3. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    latest news on ubisoft game for honor the sword fighting game its going to be always online connection to play single player so dont think the online drm is gone

4. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    its ubisoft game and dx12 and the division have both been out for sometime now so its pretty sloppy for the division to still be patching the game after all this time the amount of times they patch a game is incredible

5. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    because other software developers never patch their games 9 months after release do they? lol

I'm not defending ubisoft btw

Past games/releases have been a bit of a shambles, yes... But this thread is not about bashing Ubisoft in general OR their previous games.

Get over it

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

Are you kidding?

First of all the game is an MMO, no one says WoW is sloppy because it's been patched a few thousand times. Second, the game didn't need DX12 at all. I ran it at QHD on a 980, at 60fps at near maxed settings throughout my entire play through and didn't have any performance/quality issues. Third, you're complaining that a company is adding a feature for free..

We get it, you hate Ubisoft, but you're complaining about the wrong things. And honestly, the last few Ubisoft games I've played have all ran excellently on PC - Siege/Division/WD2 all ran great for me. So I feel like the Ubisoft port hate is outdated.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes they ran "ok" because we complained, now you all act like UBI is a saint lol

And still they downgraded TheDevision a bit from initial release demos. Imo if dx12 brights boost why not enhance gfx back to where they were?

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Patches added new content, new features etc. We should all appreciate the fact the game is still going strong.

9. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    thank you the division they downgrade it to keep ps4 happy then they cut half game out added in microtransactions to get double the money out of people , but it flopped on release so they had eat humble pie back track and every since then they have been patching it like crazy to try recover from the mistakes , and people praise them lols

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah, I feel like if a company listens to it's customers and starts developing good titles they should be let off the hook. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. It's kind of similar to when you got banned from Guru3D and then you made a new account and started making more reasonable posts, they let you stay instead of holding it against you for all eternity.

Most of the "downgrades" weren't even downgrades - they just changed the locations of assets and adjusted some of the fog and lighting effects. Half the comparisons videos don't even compare the same locations. It doesn't change the fact that the game is still one of the best looking titles out and perfectly playable.

It also didn't flop at all on release.

Unless of course breaking industry standards on release is flopping.. The game lost people after about two or three months due to the lack of end game content. The patches after were adding content - the game is an MMO - that's how MMOs work. The only issue is that it took them too long to add it.

And yeah, I praise them because I actually played the game instead of just crying about it on forums.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Honestly I don't think anyone acts like Ubi is a saint.

Getting one (or as of late maybe a few considering Siege/WD2/possibly For Honor as well) right doesn't make all past wrongs disappear.

Also, like said, you have to like these kind of games, Ubisoft spins around the same main formula more or less anyhow.

For downgrading couldn't really say as I've never watched a single trailer or teaser for the game. Gfxwise it's great imo.

12. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Dx12 does not work with SLI, so epic fail with DX12...

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    From patch notes:

General changes
    • Added support for DirectX® 12
    o Multi-GPU (SLI/Crossfire) support not yet implemented

14. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Is there even a single dx12 title that does support sli?

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE

16. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Some benchmarks.

Fury X 1060/500MHz
    I7-3770k @4.1GHz
    Crimson 16.12.1

DX11 1080p @maxed

[​IMG]

DX12 1080p @maxed
    [​IMG]

15fps uplift, quite decent.

Game crashed if I try fullscreen in dx12, so had to run both windowed.

17. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    basically they sell games off hyped up trailers on youtube and paying youtubers but people getting wise to it coz there getting burned and are now more careful about pre orders , watchdogs one sold well coz they hype it up with glossy trailers , but on release it look liked trash console game , divison a flop they hyped it up with trailer , they probably sold most copies on console and if no one had complain about pc version they sold you tons of dlc and microtransactions

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I got 84fps @ max settings 1080p dx12, but actual gameplay @1440p is overkill.. Even 2300x1300 something can be too much and can have below 60fps drops under the bridge. lowering shadows to high didnt help much either..

[​IMG]

Ah well, and I thought I would DSR 2880x1620p :p

EDIT: in dx11 I get ~ 72fps, so a good 10fps boost for me as well:nerd:

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If it sold well, then it did not flop.

If a game flops it does not get more support, they cut their losses and move onto the next project.
    People need to live in the reality and not what they want reality to look like.

As for DX12, not for me as MGPU support isn't there yet, but as we all know, it would be a shocker if MGPU was supported from the first patch.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It sold well indeed. Then it feel off a cliff for a while, end game was meh. Ubi did the right thing though and made the game a joy to play in the recent months. I was actually thinking what my GOTY 2016 would be and I realised it is The Division. I am a sucker for loot games, mind.