AMD announces RYZEN 8-core processor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 13, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    It's all about prices if they gona charge alot less then what Intel is charge then I can see alot people going back AMD like back in the day when Intel wasnt number 1 in performance.

IF the gona charge the same, I dont think it will help them much, If I gona make new PC and both chips cost the same, I going with what i know and trust and alot people think like this.

2. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    2600K users wouldn't even need a Zen refresh) It's still offers a solid performance.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Very nice cpu..

4. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Okay so, that's interesting. It's only a 95W part? That means they'll probably include that new special AMD heatsink. Meanwhile over at Intel, it's buy your own damn heatsink.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I could definitely use more CPU power. 8 core Zen would cut half off the video encoding time.

6. gianluca

gianluca Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 TI 8GB
    Zen will come with the stock heatsink introduced recently for the last gen FX processors and also with no heatsink, for the guys who want to overclock it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I knew AMD wouldn't disappoint with ZEN, go AMD, fck intel and their greed.

And 3.4GHz atm, even better then I expected, I think 4.5Ghz OC should be easy.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    How so? Intel are still on top. Until AMD release this and price it competitively, Intel is on top. Intel are not watching in dismay, Intel are still sitting on top as we speak. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and start with all the fanboy BS, please.

9. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    People are waiting with their money, to use on Zen. I'd say that counts for something. RIP 7700K.

10. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I am hyped big time! Price please Price!!!

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    As a Sandy Bridge E user, I even beg to differ.

This isnt fanboy crap from most. Even intel fan(boys) have become tired of Intels crap and lack of AMD competition.

People are gonna get really excited, and honestly I can not fault them. Its hard not too. Key is staying within realistic excitement.
    I dont wanna see intel fall of, I just wanna see them kicked off their high horse onto their ass again like AMD with the original FX chips and Athlon Xp era.

12. Dimitrios

Dimitrios Guest

AMD will only fail if they milk the price, give it to vendors first, or if Intel drastically lowers their price. Will buy one since my Phenom 4.1ghz is getting tired on max settings. Maybe it's the ddr2..................
    Sure wish I didn't sell AMD stock :-(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Why do I keep seeing people say this?

Intel has gone untouched for so bloody long now, they have made cash hand over fist from their cpus with little competition. Intel will cut their prices easily, they already have such a huge markup on them, its been cake for them.

I guess AMD fans are just so hyped that it makes them feel good to think that somehow Intel is super burned by this.. news flash, they're not. At all.

That said, this CPU does look very interesting. I'm not sure about some of the technology, such as the function that allows the CPU to clock higher depending on the degree of cooling.. that seems sorta pointless.

But the specs cant be refuted, they look good, and if they can slap a decent price on them, there is no doubt they will sell like hotcakes.
    That is, in intel, who has had absolutely gobs of time on their hands, doesn't release something at Zen launch, or soon after, that will be an even bigger deal.

bottom line though, this Ryzen CPU does seem like it will fuel the competition once more, so that in itself is a win.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The AMD fanboism in this thread is too strong.

People are waiting to buy Zen? Sure, I might be one of them, but that depends on many things. Also, a lot of people already have Intel CPUs that are more than capable of doing most of gaming and things around that.

It's not like AMD is bringing a game changer. AMD is about to match Intel from what I'm reading. They're not doing the Athlong 64 thing where they blew Intel out the water. They're about to come back and compete neck to neck with Intel. And while that is good, it's yet to be seen as a fact and even if it is, it's only good for all of us. So can we please stop with this childish wording of some of the posts above?

Thanks.

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Spoken like if the roles were reversed, AMD wouldn't also be greedy. Gimme a break dude.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This is more than I expected, and the TDP difference is way too big.

, it's equal to Intel's jump from 32nm to 14nm almost. Unless there is a disaster of some sort, Kaby and the whole mainstream Intel platform seem to be DOA. Something that a lot of people missed was the hint about the guy wanting to get a 7700k and he was asking if he should wait. That made it sound like Ryzen as presented would be the best alternative to that. Which makes the $359/$499 leaked prices for the 8c/16t parts very believable.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    One thing I want to add... To all of those who crap on Intel in this thread, let me flip it... please read carefully and think about what I'm about to say.

My 2500k has lasted me 5 years. 5 years and it could easily go on for another couple of years. Now is that really that bad for a £200 cpu? Think about it.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

highly binned 8core BE edition is apparently 450€/$, normal 8core 350€/$, 6core 250, 4 core 150..

And if the situation was reverse I would say the same, I already wanted that 3yrs ago - 8core Haswell, but that didnt happen until 2 years and 5960x only for 1000€.. FFW still 1000€ for 6900K, common really? mainstream 4core 300 and 2x 600e is still somewhat a lot for low budget consumer.

EDIT: this leak showed Yen? to $
    [​IMG]20mb image hosting

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    We need a price asap on this cpu + reviews , that way people who might upgrade soon can make a right choice based on price to performance ratio, Intels 7700K will be released around the same time as Ryzen i believe , so if we get that information soon the better will be for all of us waiting for an upgrade.

I want an 8 core 16 threads cpu for my next built and this might be the chance for me to get one if:
    1. The price is right
    2. The performance is there to push my 4K display with a new graphics card
    3. to be continue ... :D

20. Tronman

Tronman Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    You're anti-AMD sentiment in these threads and a host of others is both predictable and tiring. Where is the fanboism when almost everyone in this thread is running intel CPUs?

I don't know if HH is reading but as a casual browser of these forums it's exaggerated statements like this that make it painful to come here. They don't add anything constructive to the conversation.