Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Async working in Doom for GCN1.0. Example (ON/OFF). Sometimes it gives even higher numbers than this but it was a quick test :

ON
    [​IMG]
    OFF
    [​IMG]

2. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    For the people who are getting slow sound on their recordings, relive can only support upto 48khz so you have to make sure that your sound device is set ti 48khz in the windows audio options.

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  4. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Good thing reviewers got these drivers ahead of customers so they could ferret out all the bugs......:rolleyes:

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I haven't seen any actual reviews of it, AMD just sent it to some tech websites to hype it's release a bit but expecting them to bug test the driver for AMD is not very likely to happen, just some promo and hype thing.
    (The Guru3D article here for example is a fairly comprehensive overview - as stated by the article itself. - http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-crimson-relive-edition-driver-overview,1.html - but it's not a full review of the driver.)

Given time some sites might do more comprehensive tests rather than listing the new features and maybe showcasing a few of them. :)
    (A week isn't much time to get some real testing done across a variety of systems with different GPU models against older drivers and OS's after all.)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Guys i really really need some help. Please can someone verify and properly check if MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 final and this driver are working correctly ? Here is what i need for you to do if you can that is.

1. Fresh and Clean Install Crimson ReLive driver.
    2. Fresh and Clean install MSI Afterburner 4.3.0

Apply unnofficial overclocking settings / unlock voltage control etc...

3. Add some voltage on the slider , add your overclock and set core clocks and memory clocks.

4. Verify with GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner if the voltages and core / memory clocks are correctly applied and saved / sticking and showed in GPU-Z monitoring window doing the stress test included in GPU-Z.

5. Check and recheck , verify in GPU-Z monitoring tabs the core clock , the memory clocks and the voltages applied to see if they are real and correctly working.

I cannot get MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 to work with this Crimson ReLive drivers , to me it seems that the function is broken but Unwinder tells me that msi afterburner 4.3.0 is working with this latest crimson ReLive drivers , but i seem to not get them to work at all , it's completely broken for me using unofficial overclocking options in AB.

Would anyone with a 290x be so kind and do that for me please ? I really need to verify this so that i can tell Unwinder that msi ab is broken on 290x gpus.

Thank you in advance.

7. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    That's good news at least for gaming, thanks for all responses and testing.

@chispy, any particular reason for not using official oc mode under AB if it still works?

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Unwinder will never accept tha fact that AB dont like Crimson drivers.
    Just use Trixxx Only for amd cards.

9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:

Thanks. +10% FPS is not bad at all for a 4-5 years old architecture ;-)

But now it's time to make some noise: https://community.amd.com/thread/208976

I hate being ignored on real facts, especially if the only answers come from PRs (which they are doing only their job after all) but not from tech staff.

10. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    No chill option here. Messed install or not supported?

11. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Hey peeps... Just got an accumulated update (KB3201845) on Win 10 x64. Anybody got any idea what it covers? Maybe some of the issues with this driver are OS related?

Strange to get this update this late on Friday (usually get em on a Tuesday), which is why I wonder...

Peace peeps...

Edit 1. Gonna clean install ReLive drivers to see if anything has stabilised...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Fiji (nano, fury, fury x) should support it . You dont see it inside Wattman?

13. zasy99

zasy99 Member

GPU:
    AMD 390x
    Eugh, yay, again...

Buy a 390x, can't use it in Windows 10 x64 for ANY DX11 game for the first 3 months of ownership due to drivers crashing in EVERY DX11 game, proven fact for myself and hundreds/thousands of other owners, stores even started accepting returns due to this debacle.

Release of Crimson drivers, overheats graphics cards, just about burnt mine out, saw symptoms early enough to save GPU.
    AMD removed catalyst drivers from website, lucky that Guru3D keeps an archive, thanks, was able to download and re-instal catalyst until Crimson became stable enough.

Release of ReLive drivers, crazy mad scrolling horizontal lines over all three monitors (different brands). Changing frequency settings doesn't solve this, obviously some other issue.
    AMD removed regular Crimson drivers from their website, lucky that Guru3D keeps an archive, thanks, was able to download and re-instal the regular Crimson driver until Crimson ReLive became stable enough.
    Lucky I have a 4th monitor connected to the iGPU so I can at least see something to be able to uninstall ReLive.

go AMD.........

14. Oxezz

Oxezz Member

GPU:
    R9 290 VaporX @1150
    Works pretty well with r5 graphics, games feel smoother and relive is the best recording software for me tho there's more than 4% performance impact but that to be expected on APU.

15. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Another update regarding 144hz issue. After resuming from sleep, vram clocks entered low power state and the flickering started again.
    This is a driver to avoid if you are using 144hz displays.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That sounds like you have bad hardware.

17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I'm 3dfx fan been forced to move to either ati or nv chose ATi, my first card had R100 chip, i was supporting ati/amd since those days but now things are changed for me.
    Many of us reported the gcn1 idle bug and they acknowledged this for sure, they doing this on purpose. This will be the first time that I will not backup AMD drivers for yearly backup :)

Some user here had the same card and many users still have very capable gcn 1.0 hw, and they reported this bug. It's been 6 months with AMD embargo to force us to upgrade. I will not do that, will use old drivers, happy with my Asus 7870 playing Witcher 3 and GTA5 @1440...happy 2017 AMD :)

18. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Ouch, somebody spreads fake news by in IT-websites. Glad to see that Async still works with older GPUs.

19. Igor007

Igor007 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX480 8GB
    How to get display color? They totally removed it. Anyway to get it back?

20. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Chispy, did a quick check for you, and all appears to be functioning correctly.

[​IMG] [​IMG][